Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
anthony keidis qoute about the stones.
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:15

"the rolling stones audience today is all lawyers and doctors and contractors and real estate development people.this is a very conservative wealthy group,no one is rocking out.

the ticket and merchandise prices are astronomical,its like lets go to the rolling stones mall and watch them on the big screen"

this is from anthonys book when he was talking about the chili peppers backing up the stones.someone posted it back when it came out so its not a new qoute,i just remembered alot of people saying what a jerk he was for saying that and was wondering how many of you still think so.

Re: anthony keidis qoute about the stones.
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:17

He is such a jerk, how dare he tell the truth.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:19

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 22:19 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:20

lem motlow
lawyers and doctors and contractors and real estate development people

I am no such thing

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 22, 2012 22:21

Rolling Hansie
lem motlow

I am no such thing

Hans, You are such a DOCTOR!!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:25

In 2012, lawyers are way too poor to attend. Lawyers haven't had any money for a while now - getting a law license is about as common as getting a beautician's license. I no longer practice.

Date: October 22, 2012 22:25

Max'sKansasCity

Nope.

-------------------

Date: October 22, 2012 22:29

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity

Nope.

Good ole Robert Palmer, dont adjust your monitor, its supposed to be jiggly

Oh and I meant DOCTOR in the best sense of the word, meaning 6) - "one who like beer"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 22:31 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 22, 2012 22:31

Doctor, doctor, gimme a beer, I got a bad case of loving beer

-------------------

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:32

Send It To me
In 2012, lawyers are way too poor to attend. Lawyers haven't had any money for a while now - getting a law license is about as common as getting a beautician's license. I no longer practice.

You should have sued different people.

Sorry... I have no joy that you've had to leave your profession... Just way to easy to take a poke at some of your former associates who I have very little respect for. Reading between your words I have to believe that you most likely WEREN'T an ambulance chaser and therefore probably one of the few "good lawyers". An honorable profession ruined by __________. I wsh I could think of the word I want to put there... Maybe you have one you'd like to insert.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:34

Rolling Hansie
lem motlow

I am no such thing

its not my statement and keidis was talking about a good share of the audience who make up the front rows that the performers can see from the stage.

would like me to draw a picture with crayons next time so you can better understand?

Date: October 22, 2012 22:34

Rolling Hansie
Doctor, doctor, gimme a beer, I got a bad case of loving beer
Kegzactly!! smileys with beer

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:35

No doctor here...but liked playing doctor in my youth...

I actually can't figure out who is paying these prices. My guess is people that want to do some exclusive client entertaining (Investment bankers/Brokers).

But you can probably get all the tix you want if you had enough Lwyers, Guns and Money.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:35

So, who is the Chili Pepper's audience? Tired hipsters with fading tattoos in Silver Lake, California?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:36

mr_dja
Send It To me

Sorry... I have no joy that you've had to leave your profession... Just way to easy to take a poke at some of your former associates who I have very little respect for. Reading between your words I have to believe that you most likely WEREN'T an ambulance chaser and therefore probably one of the few "good lawyers". An honorable profession ruined by __________. I wsh I could think of the word I want to put there... Maybe you have one you'd like to insert.

Peace,
Mr DJA

"i want to help people"

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:39

I'm so glad somebody posted this. I was tossing and turning in my bed last night wondering what goofy Anthony Keidis had to say about The Stones and their audience. Now I will sleep like a baby tonight.

Date: October 22, 2012 22:42

lem motlow
would like me to draw a picture with crayons next time so you can better understand?

Yes please. Would love to see your talent

-------------------

Date: October 22, 2012 22:44

Rolling Hansie
lem motlow

Yes please. Would love to see your talent

And no using autopen! winking smiley

Date: October 22, 2012 22:48

BTW, I thought the guy's name is Anthony Kiedis ... or is it ?

-------------------

Posted by: R ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:50

I took the whole famned damily to see the 'Chili Peppers last Spring. We sat about 25 feet from the stage. I spent about 40% for those four seats compared to ONE at the Prudential Center today. It should be noted that the Chili Peppers have been around for nearly 30 years and are, like the Stones, one of the biggest draws in the world.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:56

R
I took the whole famned damily to see the 'Chili Peppers last Spring. We sat about 25 feet from the stage. I spent about 40% for those four seats compared to ONE at the Prudential Center today. It should be noted that the Chili Peppers have been around for nearly 30 years and are, like the Stones, one of the biggest draws in the world.

I have seen them four times already as well, paid around $40-$70 each time and was front row once. Very different from the Stones and not everybodies cup of tea but they are great live performers. It's hard to imagine that RHCP are already older now than the Stones were when I started listening to them around '87 - and I found the Stones old then!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:57

To bad the guy can't write a melody.

Date: October 22, 2012 23:00

Max'sKansasCity
And no using autopen!

-------------------

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 22, 2012 23:01

Send It To me
mr_dja
Send It To me

Peace,
Mr DJA

"i want to help people"

Not sure if that's funny, sad or both. Not sure what it says about me that I laughed at much of it. Am sure that I'm going to show it to my wife as she periodicly says that she wants to go to law school.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: October 22, 2012 23:03

More Hot Rocks
To bad the guy can't write a melody.
Sure, not everybody like them, but I found that especially their work with John Frusciante is full of interesting melodies.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: October 22, 2012 23:14

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity

Nope.

Ace song, RP was a class act and extremely underrated. He released a raft of great albums before the masses tuned in with Addicted To Love. No decent rock 'n' roll/soul lover's music collection should be without Sneakin Sally Through the Alley and Pressure Drop.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: October 22, 2012 23:42

SonicDreamer
Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity

Nope.

Ace song, RP was a class act and extremely underrated. He released a raft of great albums before the masses tuned in with Addicted To Love. No decent rock 'n' roll/soul lover's music collection should be without Sneakin Sally Through the Alley and Pressure Drop.
YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!!!

I only had the pleasure of seeing Mr Palmer one time, but he was quite good... I recall it being one been the dancingist (with women whom I had never met before) concerts ever... up there with 80s Rod Stewart concerts.

As far a Sneakin Sally.... dont just say it... PLAY IT!!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 22, 2012 23:52

Send It To me

I don't know if this is true, but a few years ago, someone told me that there are more people in law school than there are lawyers practicing.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 23, 2012 00:04

Max'sKansasCity
Rolling Hansie
lem motlow

I am no such thing

Not only is he a REAL DOCTOR. He's a special agent with a PhD in kicking your ass!

Date: October 23, 2012 00:13

LieB
Max'sKansasCity
Rolling Hansie
lem motlow

I am no such thing

Not only is he a REAL DOCTOR. He's a special agent with a PhD in kicking your ass!

LOL!smileys with beer

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1635
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home