Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: "I can afford it"...
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:19

$400 to sit upstairs??

This is an IQ test.. not a bank account question.

Date: October 22, 2012 21:20

$800 to sit in the back of the hall balcony??.... YEAH RIGHT!!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:34

i can afford it = i.d. for fanatic

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:43

I think that even those fans who can afford it feel that they're being ripped off, that's the problem.

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:45

micwer
I think that even those fans who can afford it feel that they're being ripped off, that's the problem.

The thing is NO ONE Is forcing fans to buy tickets for $800. The Stones are laughing!

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:51

Youngie
gwen
Well, 2 x £400 - it's silly when I convert it to euros... I originally planned to see them in the US but this would really be too much.

Enjoy!

I will, don't worry. I just hope cheaper seats are released soon and my friends attend this show too.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 22, 2012 22:47

I can afford it financially but not emotionally, unfortunately. For anyone who resents the Stones charging this much, or for anyone who is having buyer's remorse, I recommend doing searches on their various homes, castles, etc. and checking out the pics. You'll feel so much better knowing where your money went.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 22, 2012 23:03

Their opening number will be: "We Love You" except they changed the lyrics from Love to ?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 22, 2012 23:04

Fleeced?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 22, 2012 23:31

the anal penetration may be a bit uncomfortable at first, so as you type your credit card number I recommend you relax. don't forget to lubricate.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 22, 2012 23:44

I can afford it financially, but will not let my money go down into the drain. If this will be the pricelevel, I have seen my last Stones consert.
I love to see Stones playing, but not at whatever cost.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: October 23, 2012 00:03

I've done some hard thinking over this and I've come up with this:

KR probably won't play much (cuz he can't)

Blondie will play alot (don't feel like paying 800 to see him)

Woody is unlikely to pull out anything spectacular (when was the last time he was?)

Mick is unlikley to do anything crazier than he's already done (Been pretty much the same moves since 1990)

If I am 50+ rows away, I'll end watching the video screen which for me, is a waste..

They likely sound fairly close to the way they did during the Licks Tour which I really don't care for

When you think about it......all we are paying for is to feel each other's energy. The crowd and the Stones.

I went to a US football game yesterday and I realized that I watched most of the game on the video screen. Yes, I was there with my friends etc but frankly, it was a lot of money to go somewhere to watch TV!

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: October 23, 2012 00:06

wait 'til you see the reunion ticket prices...you'll soil yer skivvies

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 23, 2012 02:16

I saved money since the last Stones show I saw, Sept 2006 in Foxboro...I saw them play " Sway" live, something I had wished for and then when it happened I totally enjoyed it. I have money for a show or two BUT I refuse to pay those prices when I NEED snow tires, and I need to have retirement $$...so guess what? I am watching it on TV and I don't feel bad about it either. I'll put that $$ into necessities.
The U.S economy is not a lot better, I do not have job security and I support myself...no hubby to save $$ with...so, how can I justify paying $1000+ for ONE show...2 hours?? I cannot.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 23, 2012 02:29

mickschix
I saved money since the last Stones show I saw, Sept 2006 in Foxboro...I saw them play " Sway" live, something I had wished for and then when it happened I totally enjoyed it. I have money for a show or two BUT I refuse to pay those prices when I NEED snow tires, and I need to have retirement $$...so guess what? I am watching it on TV and I don't feel bad about it either. I'll put that $$ into necessities.
The U.S economy is not a lot better, I do not have job security and I support myself...no hubby to save $$ with...so, how can I justify paying $1000+ for ONE show...2 hours?? I cannot.

Would it have helped if all this time you'd been keithschix?
Worth a try...oh, and I was also thrilled by Sway in Austin even though they needed a mulligan.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 23, 2012 02:40

Max´sKansasCity
There is not a person on this board who doesnt have $800.

How do you know ?

Date: October 23, 2012 07:10

shortfatfanny
Max´sKansasCity
There is not a person on this board who doesnt have $800.

How do you know ?

Well duh, Its the internet, by logging on here, you are tracked, schwect
and cobbleteched... and then they can discern anything about anybody, anywhere.

It is really all quite simple.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-23 07:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: October 23, 2012 07:23

Youngie
Yes the RICH SNOBS can afford it.

Rich non-snobs too.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: October 23, 2012 08:34

It's definitely too expensive for attending a birthday bash.

Posted by: Youngie ()
Date: October 23, 2012 17:55

carlorossi
Youngie
Yes the RICH SNOBS can afford it.

Rich non-snobs too.

Few and far between....

Posted by: JC21769 ()
Date: October 23, 2012 18:06

Like many of you, I have paid A LOT of money, many times, over the years to see the band, but the ticket prices and ticket packages being offered for the Newark shows are really too much, especially when so many people are broke right now.

London School of Economics must not have covered recession.

Date: October 23, 2012 18:08

mariannerl
It's definitely too expensive for attending a birthday bash.

Well look at it this way, the ticket costs 100 and the birthday gift portion is 700. After all they are turning 50. That's probably what they are thinkingsmoking smiley

Date: October 24, 2012 01:29

mickschix

I agree, get the snow tires, your life may depend on it and certainly do not borrow from your IRA/401K if you have them. A 2 hour concert is not that important!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 24, 2012 02:12

At first it seeed a sure thing that they'd tour next year, now not so sure.....does anyone know what the 2013 tour depends on? Gazza and I think it is dependent on how the 4 shows this winter go. Maybe these 4 shosw are really IT.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 24, 2012 02:52

Well if this 4 shows is not what they expected...they won't tour in 2013 ...........they really should do something special otherwise it will fail (repeating repeating what they did the last 20 won't work) IMO

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: October 24, 2012 03:10

It's really tragic it ended this way. May they rest in peace.

Date: October 24, 2012 05:20

mickschix
At first it seeed a sure thing that they'd tour next year, now not so sure.....does anyone know what the 2013 tour depends on? Gazza and I think it is dependent on how the 4 shows this winter go. Maybe these 4 shosw are really IT.

I don't know, why even bother with 4 shows after these many years off. It's like leaving a $1 tip when it should have been $10. I really think that something is in the works for 2013, it just takes too much effort by too many people to get everything going just to bother with 8 hours total of playing time.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: October 24, 2012 06:47

Most I would pay is 200 and that is for a good seat, 800 forget it, no one is worrth that, and the performance might be half ass.

Date: October 24, 2012 16:17

In a perfect world,unless you have more than $ 50 million dollars,you shouldn't have to pay these prices for a concert ticket.

Even if you "can afford it",some of that money would be better served / better spent going to another cause. For one example,if you have big money but are not quite filthy rich,you should be able to spend around $ 300 on a good ticket to watch the Stones and then you could donate the other $ 500 + to a good charity cause or get the Stones ticket AND also $ 500 + of other stuff that you need or want. The Stones obviously don't need this money. Your $ 800 + should go further than just one ticket,even if you "can afford it",especially if you earned the money .... someone most likely earned it @ some point.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 24, 2012 16:44

2000 LYFH
mickschix

I don't know, why even bother with 4 shows after these many years off. It's like leaving a $1 tip when it should have been $10. I really think that something is in the works for 2013, it just takes too much effort by too many people to get everything going just to bother with 8 hours total of playing time.

I agree something is 'in the works', but I also see this as something of a 'test drive'. If Keith/the band aren't in top form, there will be no 2013 tour. Mick is being careful and I don't blame him.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1277
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home