Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stop and think...
Posted by: sonyzzz ()
Date: October 21, 2012 08:12

We all should stop and think.These guys that we love are almost 70 years old!
And people still want to hear them, It's truly amazing, They really are a freak
of nature. Myself I just hope they live the rest of their lives healthy and happy.
At this point does money really mean alot to them?

Re: Stop and think...
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 21, 2012 08:22

sonyzzz
We all should stop and think.These guys that we love are almost 70 years old!
And people still want to hear them, It's truly amazing, They really are a freak
of nature. Myself I just hope they live the rest of their lives healthy and happy.
At this point does money really mean alot to them?
Well yes, money does mean alot to them, and thats why they're still charging so much. It would be incredible that since they are 70 and extremely well off, they would charge reasonable prices for one last go around. That would be great for fans. And I love and respect them. Think they are some of the coolest rockers still out there. The money issue is annoying though and it makes me upset that (for at least these 4 special shows) I can't see my 70 year olds live. I think they should more "stop and think" than us. For most, these concerts are an easy decision.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 21, 2012 13:46

If they had charged estimated "reasonable prices" to comparatively few tickets in the first place, who would have managed to buy the tickets and with which motives?

How many tickets would have been resold to much higher prices - to whose advantage?
Out of those that would have kept them, how many buyers would have been authentic fans?

I don't know the answer to these questions, nobody can, but ask them to make posters reflect.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 13:49 by Witness.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 21, 2012 14:09

Offcourse they care about $$. They know that the concerts will be sold out at any price! Why not ask high prices? Not fair to the fans!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 21, 2012 15:10

i stopped. i thought....ok, well i did stop.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 21, 2012 15:59

I'm willing to pay £400 for good seats, but it's not possible to do that because of the deceptive way in which tickets are released.
Robbie Williams has sold out 3 o2 shows just prior to the Stones dates, but the difference is a policy of ticket buyers having to turn up with credit card and ID to stop / reduce reselling . Not that difficult or am I missing something ? Do the Promoters or artists make money from secondary markets ?

sc uk

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 21, 2012 16:02

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 02:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: October 21, 2012 16:09

Witness
If they had charged estimated "reasonable prices" to comparatively few tickets in the first place, who would have managed to buy the tickets and with which motives?

How many tickets would have been resold to much higher prices - to whose advantage?
Out of those that would have kept them, how many buyers would have been authentic fans?

I don't know the answer to these questions, nobody can, but ask them to make posters reflect.

They sold out almost immediately and a lot of fans who wanted tickets and could afford it didn't get a look in. So the scalpers would still be advertising tickets on eBay for thousands even if the originals were a fraction of the price because demand outstrips supply multiple times.

This is the plus side of stadium gigs. More supply so everyone who wants to can get in. Sorry if you're such an elitist that you refuse to go to a stadium gig. They are probably the biggest live draw in the world. Of course this would happen when they announce four special anniversary gigs in a relatively small venue.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 21, 2012 16:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 02:47 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 21, 2012 16:50

sjs12
Witness

They sold out almost immediately and a lot of fans who wanted tickets and could afford it didn't get a look in. So the scalpers would still be advertising tickets on eBay for thousands even if the originals were a fraction of the price because demand outstrips supply multiple times.

This is the plus side of stadium gigs. More supply so everyone who wants to can get in. Sorry if you're such an elitist that you refuse to go to a stadium gig. They are probably the biggest live draw in the world. Of course this would happen when they announce four special anniversary gigs in a relatively small venue.

Bordering on my point of view in a couple of posts in other threads.

Yes, one might expect that scalpers also now have been able to lay their hands on tickets. Have they got better equipment in those kind of buying situations to come through when ordinary buyers to a large extent cannot, I wonder. That is a question I would like somebody to comment on. That could demonstrate the need for arrangers to find other forms of distribution channels, I suppose.

However, as to these four concerts, I guess a higher share of fans who could afford it, now obtained tickets, compared with a hypothetical situation with lower prices and more buyers, soon tempted to sell their tickets again later on to much higher prices.

I am more than willing to go to a stadium concert anew next year in a better temperature than during November.

Date: October 21, 2012 17:12

Few people who make $50 an hour are going to volunteer to work for $7.25 an hour. The Stones are no differant.If the Stones charged $50 a ticket for VIP tounge and there was a six ticket limit how many "fans" would not try to buy 6 tickets and sell the extras for $1850 a pop even though they only needed a pair? I hate the high ticket prices too but with only 4 shows total it's simply a matter of supply and demand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 17:18 by its good to be anywhere.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1826
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home