Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: O/T Tickets - hey its EASY
Posted by: black limousine ()
Date: October 20, 2012 08:06

HI, I read your comments, it's like winning a small bingo if get a tickets, so many different sites, and no way to buy on "ticket master" they drive you to "Get Me in" and they sell at crazy prices sometimes (i mean i don't know how much you earn in a month... but it's all done for Lucky and rich people, otherwise you spent the whole month for a ticket)
Then,even on the net you find sharks, not only outside the arenas (that's what happened even in the past) . As i wrote in another topic, i bought them and still i don't understand if the sites are real or just a fake (losing money and gettin no tickets) . Other point very important : some of the sites will assure you tickets at your home 3 or 5 days before the event.... if you're goin to London from Brazil, Italy (anyway not Great Britain) , you got even this pain in the butt hoping to have tickets before the plane land off.
This is not the right way to sell on the net. From guys established in 1962 ... they got experience to sell and could even do it in a better and clear way.
I'm Still depressed about my money. Cheers from foggy Italy

Re: O/T Tickets - hey its EASY
Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 20, 2012 09:32

Yes, I agree with you. I have been to lots of great Stones gigs and paid reasonable prices, so these current hihh prices are hard to take. But I think what has happened is that the Stones have simply told the promoters their price (ie £4 million per show) and its then been up to the promoterd to make the economics work. four shows in 20,000 seat arenas means 80,000 tickets with an average price of £200 per ticket....now , £375 per ticket is well above that but the promoters will have other costs to cover (advertising etc)......If there were more shows then these costs on a per ticket basis would be reduced and so you would expect lower lrices, but at the moment its just 4 shows...and these four shows may be all that there will be, who knkws. The price is what the market will bear - if the price is to high consumers will not pay it, and conversely if the price too low the suppliers will not supply product. Why does everyone expect the Stones and the promoters to accept a llw proce or make a loss out of the goodness of their hearts? They area rock band, not a charity...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2415
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home