Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: why all the negativity.
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 18, 2012 08:25

schillid
StonesTod

71Tele
Complaining about negativity is in itself negativity. I might just post a thread called "Why all the negativity about the negativity?".

hmmm...does "about" imply multiplication? or addition? ....

MULTIPLICATION.
Consider: "Negativity about negativity and relativity"
Use the distributive property of multiplication to re-write this as "(Negativity about negativity) and (negativity about relativity)."

My head hurts now.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 18, 2012 08:34

71Tele
schillid
StonesTod

71Tele
Complaining about negativity is in itself negativity. I might just post a thread called "Why all the negativity about the negativity?".

MULTIPLICATION.
Use the distributive property of multiplication to re-write this as "(Negativity about negativity) and (negativity about relativity)."

My head hurts now.

Yeah, but be honest, it hurt to start with.

Date: October 18, 2012 09:43

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
schillid
StonesTod

71Tele

MULTIPLICATION.

My head hurts now.

you are stepping perilously close to a truce violation.

Date: October 18, 2012 09:54

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
schillid
StonesTod

71Tele

MULTIPLICATION.

My head hurts now.

You started it, I am an innocent, as usual winking smiley

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 18, 2012 10:17

I find you've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and latch on to the affirmative, don't mess with Mister In-Between, spread joy up to the maximum, bring gloom down to the minimum, have faith or pandemonium's liable to walk upon the scene.

That's what I find.

Pass the port...

Date: October 18, 2012 10:23

GravityBoy
I find you've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and latch on to the affirmative, don't mess with Mister In-Between, spread joy up to the maximum, bring gloom down to the minimum, have faith or pandemonium's liable to walk upon the scene.

That's what I find.

Pass the port...

SING IT BROTHER!!!! SING IT!!

Date: October 18, 2012 10:50

mtaylor
buttons67
maybe if they tour next year, ticket prices will come down.

but if they dont, well thats life, they wont go on for ever.

If not - they will play in half-empty stadiums, a situation already visible in 2005-2007.

Their most successful tour ever, and the second most successful tour in history of any band eye popping smiley

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 18, 2012 11:20

DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
buttons67

If not - they will play in half-empty stadiums, a situation already visible in 2005-2007.

Their most successful tour ever, and the second most successful tour in history of any band eye popping smiley

Both statements can be true. If you put a million tickets on sale at £100 a ticket and sell out you bring in £100,000,000. If you charge £300 and only sell half you bring in £150,000,000. Which is more successful?

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 15:22

Love all the media buzz around The Stones. After 50 years, who could possibly draw such attention ? LOVE IT !!! Just hope I can get tix for Newwark ( only 10 mins from my home ).

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 18, 2012 15:34

Also consider the opposite... "about" signifies addition. If that were the case, "Negativity about negativity and relativity" translates to "Negativity and negativity and relativity."

While this last mathematical sentence may indeed impart some significance in the universe, -- or something, -- it is easy to see that this is not the intended meaning of the phrase, "Negativity about negativity and relativity".

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 18, 2012 18:36

Braincapers
DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
buttons67

Both statements can be true. If you put a million tickets on sale at £100 a ticket and sell out you bring in £100,000,000. If you charge £300 and only sell half you bring in £150,000,000. Which is more successful?

Success should be defined in many ways, not just how much money the band pulled in. That is likely the root of the problem. Success could be defined as:

--Did the shows please the fans?
--Did the shows please the band?
--Did the Mick Taylor fans get their fix?
--Did the band perform well enough to inspire themselves and others?
--Did they not lose fans or opportunities?
--Did Mick and Keith actually talk before the gigs?
--Did Gazza get to see his 50th Stones show?
--Did they come off the tour healthier than when they started?

peace

Date: October 18, 2012 18:38

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
schillid
StonesTod

71Tele

MULTIPLICATION.

My head hurts now.

You started it, I am an innocent, as usual winking smiley

I did? OK.

See? That was easy.

Date: October 18, 2012 18:40

Braincapers

I was told there would be no math.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 18, 2012 18:48

Why the negativity? I guess because out of complete frustration it turns out that it's fun as hell. Those old clowns deserve it.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Hurristone ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:01

jamesfdouglas
Why the negativity? I guess because out of complete frustration it turns out that it's fun as hell. Those old clowns deserve it.

Now we know what the F stands for!

F-UCK YOU!

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:24

That's what I wonder.... why all the negativity from the Stones against the good hearted fans?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:43

Braincapers
DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
buttons67

Take a look at the established markets like Germany, Holland etc. - did they fill the stadiums? No. That's why I say the effect of high prices was visible already in 2005-2007, specially in the latter part of the tour.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:47

Braincapers
DandelionPowderman
mtaylor
buttons67

True indeed BrainCapers.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:49

jamesfdouglas

Now that's a valid answer, lol.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:47

StonesTod
buttons67
just reading a few posts and obviously people are dissapointed in ticket prices, the band only doing 4 gigs, no new album but only 2 new songs instead, recent concert gigs on download only and other gripes aswell, like keith can't play and mick's singing is usually terrible.

you answered your own question!

..seriously,...that could'nt be a serious question can it?....really?....the glass is definitely half empty around here....with good reason(s)... buttons67 check ticketmaster then you may be a bit negative as well....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-18 23:48 by lunar!!!.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:49

lunar!!!
StonesTod
buttons67
just reading a few posts and obviously people are dissapointed in ticket prices, the band only doing 4 gigs, no new album but only 2 new songs instead, recent concert gigs on download only and other gripes aswell, like keith can't play and mick's singing is usually terrible.

you answered your own question!

..seriously,...that could'nt be a serious question can it?....really?....the glass is definitely half empty around here....with good reason(s)... buttons67 check ticketmaster then you may be a bit negative as well....

half-empty? only HALF?? there's like two or three drops left in mine....

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 19, 2012 00:00

backstreetboy1
no new record thats the big one for me.

..exactly...absolutely no excuse..

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1193
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home