Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Tounge Pit tickets sold out for both London dates?
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 16, 2012 22:57

£950 tickets are gone...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-18 19:58 by bv.

Re: Tounge Pit tickets sold out for both London dates!
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:02

That's Richard Branson for you--snapping up the best tickets in the house.

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:03

For now, maybe.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:04

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that some of the fans who had complained the loudest about the high ticket prices are among those who will be in the Tongue Pit.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:05

If... you bought a tongue ticket for $950... and someone offered you $9,500.. would you sell it?

...of course not!!!!!

Because to buy a $950 dollar ticket in the first place means you are rich beyond avarice and money is meaningless.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:08

JumpinJeppeFlash
£950 tickets are gone...

Wrong, only those made available in the PRESALE are gone. Anyway, no great loss, why would you want to be in that scrum anyway ? It would be OK if you could be in the one position everyone cherishes, up against the rail. If you ain't there, I suspect that elsewhere in there it probably wouldn't be particularly pleasant. I'd rather be in a seat to be honest ........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 16, 2012 23:10

Yeah. Good for them. The pit stinks, anyway. Why would anyone want to be there.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:14

The VIP allocation may be gone, but my bet is that some of us prepared to hang on in there will end up in the tongue for the lowest ticket price. Except that is going to be one tough ticket to get if ever there was one.

Some of those tongue tickets are on offer via the usual sites at up to £11,000!! It defies all belief.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:14

Anybody knows what is capacity tounge pit?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:17

Are they sold out or did he just hold the seats back from general on-sale for his global business associates. If he is the promoter, he owns the tickets and their distribution. Either way the band still gets their guarantee.

The is play-around money to him and a great way for him to throw a party for his associates.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:18

bisonvodka

Yes.. 100% corporate.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:18

bisonvodka

well..no..as no one knows how big the stage is.

The stage encircles the pit area.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:25

To me it's a bragging rights situation. On the promoter end, little money if any money to be gained on these shows, but can't that be a tax write-off? He will make his associates and their families very happy this holiday with the tickets and perhaps free airfare. It's a business thing and were jealous.

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:28

Crazy. Who are those guys? A bunch of young brats or some real hardcore fans. 950£ tickets... it's beyond reality.

Date: October 16, 2012 23:32

Does anyone else notice how every thread ends up the same?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:42

corporations and their special guests will be sitting there not diehards

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:57

Some bad information on here, also some useful information, and Gazza is always great.

I'm a little surprised to hear the Tongue Pit tics are "sold out". I agree that "sold out" only means all the tickets available for sale are sold - and that more may be offered later. However, the VIP package usually has a set number of tickets, so there might not be any more offered through Mark Butler Associates. You might have to be a Stones insider to get one now.

The pit will certainly not be all corporate. I live in the US, am not corporate, attended the last four Stones concerts (Slane/O2 - yes the rain/mud and very long walk in Ireland - that certainly was not corporate!), am not an insider, and will be in the pit for one of the Nov O2 shows. Yes, I spent a lot of money and stayed up very late last night in the US, so I could call Mark Butler when they opened this morning. I value money, but the Stones have been my favorite band since '65 - and being in the pit once should be a super experience. Looking forward to visiting London again, first time since August '07, and getting together with Stones fans.

And will be patient getting a ticket for the other concert, since the AMEX pre-sale tics (at least the ones I saw) were all crap values.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:18

IGTBA
Some bad information on here, also some useful information, and Gazza is always great.

I'm a little surprised to hear the Tongue Pit tics are "sold out". I agree that "sold out" only means all the tickets available for sale are sold - and that more may be offered later. However, the VIP package usually has a set number of tickets, so there might not be any more offered through Mark Butler Associates. You might have to be a Stones insider to get one now.

The pit will certainly not be all corporate. I live in the US, am not corporate, attended the last four Stones concerts (Slane/O2 - yes the rain/mud and very long walk in Ireland - that certainly was not corporate!), am not an insider, and will be in the pit for one of the Nov O2 shows. Yes, I spent a lot of money and stayed up very late last night in the US, so I could call Mark Butler when they opened this morning. I value money, but the Stones have been my favorite band since '65 - and being in the pit once should be a super experience. Looking forward to visiting London again, first time since August '07, and getting together with Stones fans.

And will be patient getting a ticket for the other concert, since the AMEX pre-sale tics (at least the ones I saw) were all crap values.

I am jealous and hope you have a GREAT time! Also hope you share stories after the show!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:25

So really the real "first row" of seats will be significantly distant from where the band will be standing considering the pit comes before the seated rows? Not exactly a good deal for $800.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:31

Justin
So really the real "first row" of seats will be significantly distant from where the band will be standing considering the pit comes before the seated rows? Not exactly a good deal for $800.

yeah, when I looked at the configuration I thought the same thing. I presume Mick'll be all over the place so that won't matter as much, but as far as the rest of the band is concerned...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:33

Can us pissants get into the pit after everyone has left early to beat the traffic ?

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:35

paulywaul
JumpinJeppeFlash
£950 tickets are gone...

Wrong, only those made available in the PRESALE are gone. Anyway, no great loss, why would you want to be in that scrum anyway ? It would be OK if you could be in the one position everyone cherishes, up against the rail. If you ain't there, I suspect that elsewhere in there it probably wouldn't be particularly pleasant. I'd rather be in a seat to be honest ........

I'd rather be in a seat to be honest - steady on matey that's goin TOO FAR!
I recommend a week of serious R&R at Jagger's Stargroves Mustique estate, normally $19,000 per week, but a special offer to you as a long-standing fan... $50,000 per week. Well, it needs to proportionate to the November gig ticket prices, just so you know your place.

Cheer,
SonicD

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:40

SonicDreamer
paulywaul
JumpinJeppeFlash
£950 tickets are gone...

I'd rather be in a seat to be honest - steady on matey that's goin TOO FAR!
I recommend a week of serious R&R at Jagger's Stargroves Mustique estate, normally $19,000 per week, but a special offer to you as a long-standing fan... $50,000 per week. Well, it needs to proportionate to the November gig ticket prices, just so you know your place.

Cheer,
SonicD

We beg to differ, I would rather be in a seat .............

Yeah well, with that kind of a discount at MJ's Mustique joint, I think I'd better go ahead and book it !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:43

JumpinJeppeFlash
£950 tickets are gone...

How do you know? Did you buy?

Date: October 17, 2012 00:45

Edith Grove
Can us pissants get into the pit after everyone has left early to beat the traffic ?

No but for £100 they might sell you a pair of binoculars to look into the mostly empty pit whilst the occupants collectively take a leak during Keith's mini-set.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:45

Sorry to disappoint guys, but I consider myself a diehard and I have a £950 ticket.

I don't know what you consider diehard, but I was at at least one show of every tour since '89. Multiple shows every tour since Steel Wheels. Went to see the Stones on my wedding night in Vegas in Nov. 1997. I Play in a band that features predominantly Stones songs, I have just about every bootleg out there, and they are just about the only thing I listen to on my iPod. (I even still have the 3d glasses sold at 7Eleven prior to the '89 AC show in 3D)

Just because someone drops huge cash on a ticket doesn't mean they are so rich money means nothing to them. It might mean that the event is just that important to them that they are willing to sacrifice in other areas of their life for awhile to pay for it.

Also, just because someone is rich, doesn't mean they are not a true fan. What the f*ck does someone's socioeconomic status have to do with how much a fan someone is?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-15 07:56 by jazzbass.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:46

Justin

Right. Most people would normally be interested in the A blocks but they have a lot less appeal (to me, anyway) at that distance from the stage, especially at the price. As already mentioned, Mick might come down there now and then but the others less so and Charlie definitely not!

Date: October 17, 2012 00:52

jazzbass
Sorry to disappoint guys, but I consider myself a diehard and I have a £950 ticket.

I don't know what you consider diehard, but I was at at least one show of every tour since '81. Multiple shows every tour since Steel Wheels. Went to see the Stones on my wedding night in Vegas in Nov. 1997. I Play in a band that features predominantly Stones songs, I have just about every bootleg out there, and they are just about the only thing I listen to on my iPod. (I even still have the 3d glasses sold at 7Eleven prior to the '89 AC show in 3D)

Just because someone drops huge cash on a ticket doesn't mean they are so rich money means nothing to them. It might mean that the event is just that important to them that they are willing to sacrifice in other areas of their life for awhile to pay for it.

Also, just because someone is rich, doesn't mean they are not a true fan. What the f*ck does someone's socioeconomic status have to do with how much a fan someone is?

This is of course absolutely correct. Stones fans do come from various walks of life and status. Its churlish to begrudge any bonafide fan a good time just because they happen to be lucky enough to find it affordable.

I do however think that its aimed at 'event junkies' primarily and, by virtue of the law of averages, its natural that some of the people who can and will be able to afford it happen to be genuine fans like yourself. I hope you have a great time....

but I hope the 'event junkies' dont.... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-17 01:09 by Gazza.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:06

jazzbass

How much money you have available has nothing to do with whether you are a true fan (whatever that is), But it does have a BIG effect on how freely you are able to express that fan-ship.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:18

Limbostone
Yeah. Good for them. The pit stinks, anyway. Why would anyone want to be there.
yep, dont want to be surrounded by fat slobs and old hags lol.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2214
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home