Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Tounge Pit tickets sold out for both London dates!
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:28

Slick
Limbostone
Yeah. Good for them. The pit stinks, anyway. Why would anyone want to be there.
yep, dont want to be surrounded by fat slobs and old hags lol.

Why don't you want any of us IORRians with you?

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:34

Gazza
jazzbass
Sorry to disappoint guys, but I consider myself a diehard and I have a £950 ticket.

I don't know what you consider diehard, but I was at at least one show of every tour since '81. Multiple shows every tour since Steel Wheels. Went to see the Stones on my wedding night in Vegas in Nov. 1997. I Play in a band that features predominantly Stones songs, I have just about every bootleg out there, and they are just about the only thing I listen to on my iPod. (I even still have the 3d glasses sold at 7Eleven prior to the '89 AC show in 3D)

Just because someone drops huge cash on a ticket doesn't mean they are so rich money means nothing to them. It might mean that the event is just that important to them that they are willing to sacrifice in other areas of their life for awhile to pay for it.

Also, just because someone is rich, doesn't mean they are not a true fan. What the f*ck does someone's socioeconomic status have to do with how much a fan someone is?

This is of course absolutely correct. Stones fans do come from various walks of life and status. Its churlish to begrudge any bonafide fan a good time just because they happen to be lucky enough to find it affordable.

I do however think that its aimed at 'event junkies' primarily and, by virtue of the law of averages, its natural that some of the people who can and will be able to afford it happen to be genuine fans like yourself. I hope you have a great time.

Jazzbass and Gazza one of the best messages I have ever read on the forum a true genuine balanced exchange - Jazzbass good luck to you, you can afford it and deserve it. Gazza don't know if you are going or can afford it but you should be there compliments of the board and the Stones . Me I would love to go!!!!. but you know what -it is too near too Christmas for me and I can't justify paying all that money- I am a new Granpa of 8 weeks and going through a shit divorce that would make Ronnie & Jo's look a pantomine on relative perpesctives.The most important thing for me is that I have already bought my grandson his first CD at 2 Days old. [www.rockabyebabymusic.com] -the legend will live on. ' Let It Bleed' - my heart will always bleed because I can't afford to go to any of these shows.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:38

This all thing is just pure life. If you have enough money you're able to buy mercedes, if not you're using public transport. The same is with this four shows. You can't do anything about it. I know there are many fans who will go to o2 or NJ to see Stones because they just love them and they can afford it - it's great for them. Rest of us can only dream about some shows in 2013 with cheaper tix and chance to get one.
If not... there probably will be a great disappoitment but life goes on. Maybe some Bruce Springsteen shows (3,4 hours for 80 euro) or The Who Quadrophenia tour will heal the wound.
How many things you can't get beacause of money...well most of them.

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: October 17, 2012 02:27

Gonna be great in the pit... giant meeting between blackberry-addict corporates from the City; and Jagger and Richards posing in front of them... pathetic theatre play.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 17, 2012 02:41

Thanks Tonstone.

Hoping to get a £150 seat for the 25/11 show (the only show I can realistically get to) but its a long shot. Would maybe consider a £90 ticket if it wasnt TOO high up. £150's a lot for a band who havent played for five years and whose musical chops must be questionable due to inactivity and the reported health issues of at least one band member. There's no way on earth I'll ever pay £350 for a concert by anyone as a matter of principle. Even if it was a front row seat.

Booked a hotel near the venue a couple of weeks ago, but fortunately its fully refundable!

In all likelihood, I wont be seeing the Stones until 2013. Which is OK by me.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: October 17, 2012 03:30

treaclefingers
Slick
Limbostone
Yeah. Good for them. The pit stinks, anyway. Why would anyone want to be there.
yep, dont want to be surrounded by fat slobs and old hags lol.

Why don't you want any of us IORRians with you?
more like shidoobee shidoobee, i have seen the wildwood pics lmao!

Posted by: IGTBA ()
Date: October 17, 2012 06:54

Gazza

No but for £100 they might sell you a pair of binoculars to look into the mostly empty pit whilst the occupants collectively take a leak during Keith's mini-set.

Yes, how will the pit people get out to pee? I may need to limit pre-concert drinking, so I can stay without a break. And I almost never leave during Keith's set. If I have to go, Miss You is a good opportunity.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 17, 2012 06:58

IGTBA
Gazza

No but for £100 they might sell you a pair of binoculars to look into the mostly empty pit whilst the occupants collectively take a leak during Keith's mini-set.

Yes, how will the pit people get out to pee? I may need to limit pre-concert drinking, so I can stay without a break. And I almost never leave during Keith's set. If I have to go, Miss You is a good opportunity.

Well Piss You then.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 17, 2012 09:05

I had a very big sigh at first and I agree with most of you, that the ticket prices are outragous.
However I also decided to take this very first and you never know last possibility to attent the concert.
I was not sure about the pitch with the standing as we both are not tall and might see nothing anyway. If there would have been a priority entrance for the pit I would have taken that, but instead I booked the arena seats. I could imagine that Rows 6-12 might be even the front rows as they might taken away the first 5 rows for the pitchthing and the stage.
But this is all speculation.
Now for the money point of view: If you drink one beer less every day, you might just end up with the ticketprice for the Stoneseye rolling smiley, but again everybody has different values for different things.

Regarding ticket prices for 2013 I doubt whether they will do it at a much lower range. I assume it will be only arena shows anyway, and they won't get a stadium stage this time. Again it's all my speculations and food for thought.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 17, 2012 09:16

paulywaul
JumpinJeppeFlash
£950 tickets are gone...

Wrong, only those made available in the PRESALE are gone.

Were they somewhere available in the presale except in the VIP 990 pounds whatever offer? Does anybody know what the "face value" of those Tounge standing tickets would be? I rellay hope that they will also be offered seperately...
In contrast to the blaming of the olf RS fanclub, at this with that membership it was possible for fans to achive some decent tickets at a rather fair price.

Date: October 17, 2012 09:27

Stoneswolf
paulywaul
JumpinJeppeFlash
£950 tickets are gone...

Wrong, only those made available in the PRESALE are gone.

Were they somewhere available in the presale except in the VIP 990 pounds whatever offer? Does anybody know what the "face value" of those Tounge standing tickets would be? I rellay hope that they will also be offered seperately...
In contrast to the blaming of the olf RS fanclub, at this with that membership it was possible for fans to achive some decent tickets at a rather fair price.

The face value has not been seen so far. But I could imagine that they will be a bit less than £406. According to some information at my time of booking the stage seems very high to compensate the standing pitch arena.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 17, 2012 10:41

From the first post on the thread about news articles on the ticket prices:

Ticketmaster currently offer you the cheapest tickets at £95 (£106 including fees), while standing tickets are £375 (£406 with fees).

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 17, 2012 20:00

Latest update on the VIP packages:

SOLD OUT
Arena Seats and Tongue Pit are now SOLD OUT
- we can offer Level 1 tiered seats on Sunday 25th November and 29th November, which are excellent

Date: October 17, 2012 20:18

Beast
Latest update on the VIP packages:

SOLD OUT
Arena Seats and Tongue Pit are now SOLD OUT
- we can offer Level 1 tiered seats on Sunday 25th November and 29th November, which are excellent
Wait until Friday I am sure some of you may have the lucky draw. I was thinking myself to considder to go onlne. But my Mum is not well and I have to go to Germany to move her from a house to a condo which is a weekends work and another weekends work and a lot of pain.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 17, 2012 21:03

I don't understand how the Stones PR-section works. Guys like Gazza, BV and their likes who puts in a lot of, unpaid, work for the band through their websites should have a standing VIP-ticket to every Stones concert!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 17, 2012 21:05

Stoneage
I don't understand how the Stones PR-section works. Guys like Gazza, BV and their likes who puts in a lot of, unpaid, work for the band through their websites should have a standing VIP-ticket to every Stones concert!

Ask BV if he ever got any tickets or other privileges from Stones management...

Date: October 17, 2012 21:09

JumpinJeppeFlash
Stoneage

He won't tell you....eye rolling smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 17, 2012 21:11

Grison
JumpinJeppeFlash
Stoneage

He won't tell you....eye rolling smiley

That's not why i wrote the way i did...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 17, 2012 21:14

But I´d be curious what BV thinks about all this ticket thing.

Posted by: Hendrik ()
Date: October 17, 2012 21:24

jazzbass
Sorry to disappoint guys, but I consider myself a diehard and I have a £950 ticket.

I don't know what you consider diehard, but I was at at least one show of every tour since '81. Multiple shows every tour since Steel Wheels. Went to see the Stones on my wedding night in Vegas in Nov. 1997. I Play in a band that features predominantly Stones songs, I have just about every bootleg out there, and they are just about the only thing I listen to on my iPod. (I even still have the 3d glasses sold at 7Eleven prior to the '89 AC show in 3D)

Just because someone drops huge cash on a ticket doesn't mean they are so rich money means nothing to them. It might mean that the event is just that important to them that they are willing to sacrifice in other areas of their life for awhile to pay for it.

Also, just because someone is rich, doesn't mean they are not a true fan. What the f*ck does someone's socioeconomic status have to do with how much a fan someone is?

I agree for 100%!
I have the £950 ticket too and I bought one for my 15 year old daughter aswell; it will be an unforgettable, once in a life time experience for her which she never will forget. Sharing that her experience together with her is for me absolutely priceless!

Hendrik Mulder

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 17, 2012 22:52

Were there any Pit tockets available without a VIP price/package? If so, how much were they?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:05

No there weren't and I'm not sure why everyone is referring to £950 tix, it was £950+VAT, i.e. 20% more, i.e. £1140 and you had to buy two so the total came to £2280.

I was on the fence to get one as I hopefully will never be down to my last £1140 and I'm 6'3" so well placed for some pit action, but....forcing a double purchase made the decision for me, thanks guys!

Now if they indeed come up as £406 tix it might be hard to resist! Some newspaper said they would be offered via the fan club, but what fan club, that thing's been dead since 2003 right?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:38

I'm guessing they have held back quite a few of these pit tickets and will go around the venues and give pit tickets to good looking couples, obvious diehard fans and such. That would be nice and not unheard of. peace

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:46

Naturalust
I'm guessing they have held back quite a few of these pit tickets and will go around the venues and give pit tickets to good looking couples, obvious diehard fans and such. That would be nice and not unheard of. peace

Since one of the concerts will be a PPV broadcast, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Shine On Light on us, hiring young models....

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:53

Erik_Snow
Naturalust

Since one of the concerts will be a PPV broadcast, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a Shine On Light on us, hiring young models....

I'll bet Mick/Virgin thinks he/they could charge young models to do the same thing. Probably not face value. lol peace

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 18, 2012 00:39

The Rolling Stones on Facebook
Tomorrow morning at 9am BST we will post a link to a Facebook fan only pre-sale for the London shows, including 100 mosh pit tickets for each gig.

Use this code to get access to the sale: GRRRegoryRS50

How much? that is the question

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 18, 2012 02:49

melillo
corporations and their special guests will be sitting there not diehards

And don't forget the young models to make Mick still feel relevant.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: October 18, 2012 16:29

Ohhhhh nooooooooooooooooooo there not! As per today's pre-sale evidence.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 18, 2012 16:31

There´s UNRESERVED STANDING mentioned as available under SECTION.
Maybe it´s of use to someone:

[www.ticketmaster.co.uk]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 18, 2012 16:36

TooTough
But I´d be curious what BV thinks about all this ticket thing.

He's probably exercising some very appropriate diplomacy and restraint and keeping his mouth shut, and I can't say I blame him. The rest of us seem to have more than enough to say about it all ............. !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home