Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: News articles about the Stones' ticket prices
Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: October 16, 2012 22:53

Gazza
windmelody
We will see how many tickets will be sold. Does anybody here know how much the Michael Jackson tickets for his final shows (that never took place) did cost?

£75 was the regular price, as far as I recall.....I think there may have been some at higher prices though.

Then again he sold out 50 nights - which was doable at that (quite reasonable) price.

I believe a friend of mine was able to get tickets for Michael Jackson for around £50 each.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 16, 2012 22:54

SoulPlunderer
Gazza
windmelody
We will see how many tickets will be sold. Does anybody here know how much the Michael Jackson tickets for his final shows (that never took place) did cost?

£75 was the regular price, as far as I recall.....I think there may have been some at higher prices though.

Then again he sold out 50 nights - which was doable at that (quite reasonable) price.

I believe a friend of mine was able to get tickets for Michael Jackson for around £50 each.

Was that before he died or afterwards?

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: October 16, 2012 23:10

Gazza
SoulPlunderer
Gazza
windmelody

Was that before he died or afterwards?

eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 23:10 by SoulPlunderer.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 17, 2012 09:04

ladywilliam
Another article form telegraph

Standing tickets only will go on sale later at a cheaper price, but they will be restricted to members of the Rolling Stones fan club.

Does the Rolling Stones Fan club still exist?

Any ideas / hints if this might be true and who can obtain those tickets and when they might be sold?
cu
Stoneswolf

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 17, 2012 12:00

Yeah firt I've heard about that. What's that fan club business anyway, when was it last active, 2002 when it came with the purchase of a ticket?

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 17, 2012 13:48

Stoneswolf

Standing tickets only will go on sale later at a cheaper price, but they will be restricted to members of the Rolling Stones fan club.

I emailed the author, he told me that he asked for more details but did not get any further information. So there might be a fan club "reopenig"?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 18, 2012 03:50

More articles about the ticket prices... It's all the press writes about.
I hope The Stones get the message and realize that these shows will most probably only be remembered as the four most expensive shows in the history of entertainment.

[www.rawstory.com]

Fans outraged at soaring Rolling Stones ticket prices.

Rolling Stones fans reacted with fury on Wednesday at the steep cost of tickets for the band’s 50th anniversary shows, while prices soared to thousands of pounds on re-sale websites.

After months of rumours, the Stones announced on Monday that they would play two nights at London’s 02 Arena on November 25 and 29, followed by gigs at New Jersey’s Newark Prudential Center, just outside New York, on December 13 and 15.

But hundreds of fans have taken to the Internet to complain about the ticket prices, with a seat for the London shows costing £406 on the official ticket website.

Premium tickets have subsequently appeared on re-sale websites for more than £13,000 each.

The cheapest seats on the official site, costing £106, appeared to be sold out on Wednesday.

“These prices are a joke,” fan Steve Grace wrote in a comment appearing on the official See Tickets website. “To expect this sort of money just makes me lose a lot of respect for these guys.”

Drachan Forster added on the site: “Saw them in Rio at a free concert. Was pickpocketed relentlessly throughout, but nothing compares to this fleecing. £246 for some of the worse seated tickets in the house. Disgusting.”

By Wednesday, seats at the front of the 20,000-capacity 02 Arena were listed on the Get Me In re-sale website for up to £13,200 each.

Many fans protested online that the band should have rewarded their fans for their loyalty over the last half-century with cheaper shows.

“Considering these guys started off as a working-class set of lads, these prices are well out of reach of the ordinary working man,” Chrissi Matusevics posted on Facebook.

American Express customers gained advance access to tickets for the London shows on Monday, followed on Wednesday by subscribers to the band’s mailing list and users of Britain’s O2 mobile phone network.

The tickets go on general sale in Britain on Friday.

Hospitality package tickets for the two US shows go on pre-sale on Saturday, ahead of a wider pre-sale next Monday and a general release on October 26.

Frontman Mick Jagger, 69, told BBC radio on Monday that the four concerts will be followed by a longer string of dates, yet to be announced.

US music magazine Billboard reported in August that Jagger and bandmates Charlie Watts, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood will earn a total of $25 million for the four shows.

Date: October 18, 2012 03:51

[www.france24.com]

Fans' outrage at soaring Rolling Stones ticket prices

AFP - Rolling Stones fans reacted with fury on Wednesday at the steep cost of tickets for the band's 50th anniversary shows, while prices soared to thousands of pounds on re-sale websites.

After months of rumours, the Stones announced on Monday that they would play two nights at London's 02 Arena on November 25 and 29, followed by gigs at New Jersey's Newark Prudential Center, just outside New York, on December 13 and 15.

But hundreds of fans have taken to the Internet to complain about the ticket prices, with a seat for the London shows costing £406 on the official ticket website.

Premium tickets have subsequently appeared on re-sale websites for more than £13,000 each.

The cheapest seats on the official site, costing £106, appeared to be sold out on Wednesday.

"These prices are a joke," fan Steve Grace wrote in a comment appearing on the official See Tickets website. "To expect this sort of money just makes me lose a lot of respect for these guys."

Drachan Forster added on the site: "Saw them in Rio at a free concert. Was pickpocketed relentlessly throughout, but nothing compares to this fleecing. £246 for some of the worse seated tickets in the house. Disgusting."

By Wednesday, seats at the front of the 20,000-capacity 02 Arena were listed on the Get Me In re-sale website for up to £13,200 each.

Many fans protested online that the band should have rewarded their fans for their loyalty over the last half-century with cheaper shows.

"Considering these guys started off as a working-class set of lads, these prices are well out of reach of the ordinary working man," Chrissi Matusevics posted on Facebook.

American Express customers gained advance access to tickets for the London shows on Monday, followed on Wednesday by subscribers to the band's mailing list and users of Britain's O2 mobile phone network.

The tickets go on general sale in Britain on Friday.

Hospitality package tickets for the two US shows go on pre-sale on Saturday, ahead of a wider pre-sale next Monday and a general release on October 26.

Frontman Mick Jagger, 69, told BBC radio on Monday that the four concerts will be followed by a longer string of dates, yet to be announced.

US music magazine Billboard reported in August that Jagger and bandmates Charlie Watts, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood will earn a total of $25 million for the four shows.

Date: October 18, 2012 03:52

[uk.news.yahoo.com]

Fans' Fury At Rolling Stones Ticket Prices

Furious fans hoping to be at the Rolling Stones' 50th anniversary gigs in a few weeks have discovered it could cost them thousands of pounds.
Official ticket prices for two shows at London's O2 Arena range from £95 to £375 plus fees, while a "VIP hospitality" ticket was priced at £950.
Priority customers have been able to order some of the tickets, but they do not go on general sale until Friday.
One potential buyer said on Facebook: "Just tried to buy a couple of tickets for the Rolling Stones at the O2 next month but didn't proceed when I found out the price - an incredible £1,302.
"They weren't even particularly special seats. For those you need the VIP package at £950 or £1,900 for two."
There have been reports that one "secondary" ticket site was selling seats for more than £13,000.
And one site dealing in tickets had added a £140 processing fee to the cost of two tickets it was selling for £770, it was reported.
"These prices are a joke," fan Steve Grace wrote in a comment appearing on the official See Tickets website. "To expect this sort of money just makes me lose a lot of respect for these guys."
Drachan Forster added on the site: "Saw them in Rio at a free concert. Was pickpocketed relentlessly throughout, but nothing compares to this fleecing. £246 for some of the worse seated tickets in the house. Disgusting."
"Considering these guys started off as a working-class set of lads, these prices are well out of reach of the ordinary working man," Chrissi Matusevics posted on Facebook.
American Express customers gained advance access to tickets for the London shows on Monday, followed on Wednesday by subscribers to the band's mailing list and users of Britain's O2 mobile phone network.
A spokesman for promoter Virgin Live said: "These four shows are very special gigs to mark a unique occasion and milestone in the Rolling Stones' history.
"They are a one-off celebration of their 50th anniversary and not part of an extended global tour where substantial production costs can be spread over a lengthy period of shows.
"The ticket prices are in fact spread over a range of costs and are comparable and similar to other huge shows and attractions."
The band will play to 40,000 people during their two nights at the O2 and will play two more shows in Newark, New Jersey, in the US, in December.
US music magazine Billboard reported in August that Mick Jagger and bandmates Charlie Watts, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood will earn a total of \$25m (£15.5m) for the four shows.
The anger comes as the band's first new studio recording for seven years has been unable to persuade many fans to part with 99p for a download, with the song at a lowly number 74 in the charts.
According to midweek sales figures, Doom And Gloom, which went on sale just days ago is a long way from making it into the top 40 on Sunday. The band last made it into the top ten in 1981 with Start Me Up.

Date: October 18, 2012 03:53

[www.independent.co.uk]

Fans furious as 'secondary' sites get sticky fingers on Rolling Stones tickets - pushing prices through the roof.

Rolling Stones fans have been left fuming after realising they may end up shelling out thousands to see the band for their 50th anniversary shows.

Some "secondary" ticketing sites have put them on sale for four or five-figure sums and fans have grumbled that they faced huge bills even for standard "pre-sale" tickets to see the pair of gigs at London's O2 Arena.

It comes as the band's first new studio recording for seven years has been unable to persuade many fans to part with 99p for a download, with the song at a lowly number 74 in the charts.

According to midweek sales figures, Doom And Gloom, which went on sale just days ago is a long way from making it into the top 40 on Sunday. The band last made it into the top ten in 1981 with Start Me Up.

Priority customers have been able to order some of the tickets, but they do not go on general sale until Friday. Even so, there have been reports that a secondary ticket site was selling seats for £13,000.

When the November 25 and 29 concerts were announced on Monday, promoters said the face value price of the tickets ranged from £95 to £375. A "VIP hospitality" ticket was priced at £950.

But one potential buyer said on Facebook today: "Just tried to buy a couple of tickets for the Rolling Stones at the O2 next month but didn't proceed when I found out the price - an incredible £1,302.

"They weren't even particularly special seats. For those you need the VIP package at £950 or £1,900 for two."

And one site dealing in tickets had added a £140 processing fee to the cost of two tickets it was selling for £770.

One fan wrote on a ticketing site: "These prices are a joke. To expect this sort of money just makes me lose a lot of respect for these guys."

The band will play to 40,000 people during their two nights at the O2 and will play two more shows in Newark, New Jersey, in the US, in December.

A spokesman for promoter Virgin Live said: "These four shows are very special gigs to mark a unique occasion and milestone in the Rolling Stones' history.

"They are a one-off celebration of their 50th anniversary and not part of an extended global tour where substantial production costs can be spread over a lengthy period of shows.

"The ticket prices are in fact spread over a range of costs and are comparable and similar to other huge shows and attractions."

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:10

Bullsh*t!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:10

Stoneswolf
ladywilliam

Does the Rolling Stones Fan club still exist?

Any ideas / hints if this might be true and who can obtain those tickets and when they might be sold?
cu
Stoneswolf

Listed now on the ticketmaster price categories for the public sale for Friday.

£375 plus charges (ie, £406).

They're spoiling us!

Theres also a facebook presale for some of them tomorrow morning.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:20

They don't need the money. Richard Branson doesn't need the money.

Assume a basic stage. Tickeks should be 50 bucks in the States and what... 35 Pounds in the UK.

That's a reasonable price and that's the way it should be.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:21

the crowd will be smaller than the crowd for spinal Tap doing a jazz show. 37 people scattered about a massive arena. I normally get some form of anticipation and excitement at the buzz of a concert or tour. This time around I am laughing at how ridiculous the prices are.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home