Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I Wanna Be Your Man - Paris Rehearsal
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:32

Just released I think...apologize if already posted:

[rockerparis.blogspot.fr]

Re: I Wanna Be Your Man - Paris Rehearsal
Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:47

Sounds damn good to me considering the recording. Better than the original.

Date: October 16, 2012 05:47

I know the sound is bad, but MJ's vocal sounds a little strained on this one...and is it a tad too slow?

Preferred Doom and Gloom from the rehearsal.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 06:01

ridiculous version. i hope mick doesn´t sing this version.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 16, 2012 07:15

Better than the original? Better than the fuse that lit the band? Okay.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:24

At least it's not a warhorse!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 16, 2012 08:33

I like that they're even trying it.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 09:16

As a Beatles freak I always regretted that the Stones seemed to intentionally avoid performing this song, and even talking about it much—it's certainly of historical interest, if nothing else—and thought it was an avoidance to keep them "independent" of the Beatles. So it's great to finally hear them doing it now. Maybe they can bring Paul out to play bass on stage.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: October 16, 2012 09:25

Sounds promising to me. I could see it being a highlight of shows to those of us jaded by warhorses.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 16, 2012 09:51

The link for both reahearsals track has already been posted here page 3 and pics from outside the inside OF the rehearsals page 4 of the same thread >grinning smiley<
IORR
But no big deal Treacle one couldn't see anything on this board, sometimes it goes fast...

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 09:52 by Honestman.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:00

jazzbass

Sorry, but that could every kids band play after 2 times listening to the recording.

Nowadays every song they dig up/rehearse/play live has the same bpm, just remember the obscure slow 19th nervous breakdown, that they dropped immediately.

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: October 16, 2012 10:05

Let Ronnie sing it FFS! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: ash ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:01

Jagger's vocal doesn't sound good and it's far too slow but this is just a rehearsal after all.
I think the ultimate version of this would be the Stones verses and guitar solo mixed with a live chorus by the fab four. Unfortunately it's hard to make such a version without it sounding clunky.
I reckon they should have a go at One After 909 which lennon apparently offered them as a follow up. Not that they don't have more than plenty of their own songs. I'd almost cough up the 90 quid if they were goona play have you seen your mother baby and we love you (guest appearance there!!).

Date: October 16, 2012 11:09

ash
Jagger's vocal doesn't sound good and it's far too slow but this is just a rehearsal after all.
I think the ultimate version of this would be the Stones verses and guitar solo mixed with a live chorus by the fab four. Unfortunately it's hard to make such a version without it sounding clunky.
I reckon they should have a go at One After 909 which lennon apparently offered them as a follow up. Not that they don't have more than plenty of their own songs. I'd almost cough up the 90 quid if they were goona play have you seen your mother baby and we love you (guest appearance there!!).

Actually, it isn't that slow, compared to the studio version.

I think Jagger is just testing out different ways of singing it. No way he's gonna start shouting THAT early.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:16

Nice try if they can get it.....thumbs up

2 1 2 0

Posted by: ash ()
Date: October 16, 2012 11:17

DandelionPowderman
ash

Actually, it isn't that slow, compared to the studio version.

I think Jagger is just testing out different ways of singing it. No way he's gonna start shouting THAT early.

Yeah i hope not. Thought his vox on doom and gloom were pretty good . not as self parodying as usual.
Maybe i wanna be your man just lacks drive - there again its a rehearsal recorded thru a door so i don't want to get too critical. good song choice. hope they play we love you.

Date: October 16, 2012 16:17

71Tele
I like that they're even trying it.

I agree...it is only rehearsal as well, this might be killer show night, and I'd take that gamble to hear it live.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 16, 2012 16:55

if that one is being dusted off, surely there's others..

'Lady Jane' on that list?

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: October 16, 2012 18:38

Sounds good, but can barely hear Wood, he's who will make or break this one.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 19, 2012 22:09

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 23:41

I think this clip from the 11/25/12 show is pretty awesome:

The girl screaming at the very beginning will either leave you annoyed or mildly amused LOL

"OMG it's blue!!!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-19 23:49 by Lynd8.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: December 20, 2012 03:54

jazzbass

How can that possibly sound better than the original? You can barely hear it. Even if you thought the original was the worst thing ever recorded, there's no way to say that sounds better than it...

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 20, 2012 03:57

Come On

Awesome clip. Shows Mick love and admiration for the "four headed monster". Which is another thing that is so amusing about Beatle haters on this board. The fact was the Stones respected, admired, and were friends with the Fab Four. And The Beatles loved the Stones, so much so they wanted them to make it! And gave them a song, knowing it would be a breakthrough for them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1966
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home