Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Ticket Details London and Newark shows --> here
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:23

StonesTod
filstan
the rock and roll flame still burns althogh it flickers right now more than flames brightly.

i'm trying to find the pilot light...

If you can't smell the gas.....

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:26

Kurt
So,
How much will the Pay Per View event cost?

I'll be buying that ticket!

Are you sure? I'll bet that's going to be overpriced also. I will download it for sure though.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:30

OK, enuff of you cheapskate, "poor" cry babies and how you are not going to any of these shows...Who Cares?!!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:32

dewlover
OK, enuff of you cheapskate, "poor" cry babies and how you are not going to any of these shows...Who Cares?!!!

i care deeply

Re: Ticket details
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:36

Gazza
Stoneage
Before you ruin yourselves. I have a feeling that these four concerts are only a try-out for the band. If we are lucky, maybe they will do a larger scale European and US tour next year? At, presumably, more decent ticket prices.

Correct. These are special 50th anniversary shows and because theres so few of them, they're be able to milk it price-wise (the sad thing being that they have absolutely no scruples about doing so)

There should be a 'proper' tour in 2013.

I think these dates are a try out for new pricing levels for next year.A bit like the No Security arena shows in '99 .

I can't believe I'm going to say this.............................................................................................BRING BACK MICHAEL COHL !

sc uk GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:39

runaway
SHAKE AND RATTLE YOUR JEWELLERY!

CHEERS

More like bend over, lube up and clench your teeth.

Date: October 15, 2012 18:43

Gazza
runaway

CHEERS

It feels like we are getting bent over and F**ked by the gorilla !eye popping smiley

sc uk

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:47

I agree with you, Filstan, totally! I am usually leading the charge to the ticket window but I feel abused this time. It is really SAD that the FANS will be at home and the corporate ASS***** will be there, up front, back to the stage, looking to be SEEN, not concerned about SEEING The show in the least. I sat near a pile of these fools in 2006, and recall one older gent, in a suit with his MUCH younger " girlfriend for hire", turned around looking back at those poor suckers in the back, not watching the Stones. I think I even said out loud, " Why are you looking at ME and not at the band"? So, I may very well have seen my last Stones concert.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:47

GAZZA

They will hav a problem finding them DENTURES back!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:49

straycatuk
It feels like we are getting bent over and F**ked by the gorilla !eye popping smiley
sc uk

Ouch! eye popping smiley

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:49

filstan
It is a pity the prices are this high, but this has been the trend with these guys now for some time. I am happy they are going to play some gigs, but most people will be left out of this round. Wouldn't it be great to hear the conversations that took place between the band and the promoters when the prices were being set? It is so sad that rock and roll has morphed into this money monster, but regrettably this has been going on for some time. I have gone to less large concerts in recent years for different reasons. Cost, aggravation dealing with large and increrasingly rude crowds, cell phones that never dim, and the fact that most bands I want to hear don't play anymore. I go for smaller venues almost exclusively.

I have seen these guys play every US tour since 1969 and a few times in Europe as well starting in 1973. Quite honestly, I am not that excited to see them this time around, although I could be convinced in a weak moment. I don't need anything else from these guys at this point and enjoy the fact that some quality older stuff is finally getting released in good quality. Could be that when pushing 60 it doesn't matter as much, but I am still a big fan to the point that I sometimes ask myself, when does this end? Bottom line is we never really grow up. We remain kids inside of our slowly aging bodies. With me, the rock and roll flame still burns althogh it flickers right now more than flames brightly.

What a great post. I agree with every point you make.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:50

So when do the Newark pre-sales go on sale for AMX ?

I got an email from rollingstones.com stating Saturday, Oct 20 for AMX and rollingstone.com website states Monday, Oct 22 for AMX?

Where's the attention to detail ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 18:50 by custom55.

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:51

How bad will the £106-£166 tickets be I wonder...

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:51

I saw tickets that are actually... behind the Stage !!
What's that ??

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:52

DiscoVolante

Maybe access to the souvenir and hot-dog stands ?

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 15, 2012 18:55

rebelrebel
filstan
It is a pity the prices are this high, but this has been the trend with these guys now for some time. I am happy they are going to play some gigs, but most people will be left out of this round. Wouldn't it be great to hear the conversations that took place between the band and the promoters when the prices were being set? It is so sad that rock and roll has morphed into this money monster, but regrettably this has been going on for some time. I have gone to less large concerts in recent years for different reasons. Cost, aggravation dealing with large and increrasingly rude crowds, cell phones that never dim, and the fact that most bands I want to hear don't play anymore. I go for smaller venues almost exclusively.

I have seen these guys play every US tour since 1969 and a few times in Europe as well starting in 1973. Quite honestly, I am not that excited to see them this time around, although I could be convinced in a weak moment. I don't need anything else from these guys at this point and enjoy the fact that some quality older stuff is finally getting released in good quality. Could be that when pushing 60 it doesn't matter as much, but I am still a big fan to the point that I sometimes ask myself, when does this end? Bottom line is we never really grow up. We remain kids inside of our slowly aging bodies. With me, the rock and roll flame still burns althogh it flickers right now more than flames brightly.

What a great post. I agree with every point you make.

No more to say about all that. Except: the money monster is after all of us, and the few masters we all are slaves to now are STANDING in the tongue for 1000 GBP were the hardcore fans should be. Hey! I think the time is right for a palace revolution!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 18:56 by micawber.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 15, 2012 19:00

Kurt
So,
How much will the Pay Per View event cost?

I'll be buying that ticket!

Unfortunately, that's like a tube of K-Y and a towel. It gets the job done, but it's not as good as the real thing.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2012 19:06

beepee2
What's that ??

The truly objectionable tickets are the ones outside and across the street for 80 GBP.

I find that totally unreasonable. They should be available for 30-40 GBP IMHO.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 15, 2012 19:06

DiscoVolante

As bad as can be. Mind you any seat in teir 4 of the o2 Arena is awful. Especially if you suffer from even mild vertigo

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: October 15, 2012 19:16

Just received a mail from stonesarchive, i'm eligible to buy tickets on wednesday 17, 9hOO am BST.
Hope to find something reasonable...crossed fingers.

And this day will be the same when i saw the Stones for the first time (Brussels 73), a good sign?

Date: October 15, 2012 19:21

Nose bleeds on ebay for £1000. angry smiley

sc uk

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 15, 2012 19:25

I'm a bit angry but not too surprised however, as someone who was at the 75% empty Stadio Olympico in Rome in 2007, I'm going to go to the O2 on the 29th and the 25th with a maximum 100 GBP and see what I can score outside (ticket, I mean)

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 15, 2012 19:27

exhpart
I'm a bit angry but not too surprised however, as someone who was at the 75% empty Stadio Olympico in Rome in 2007, I'm going to go to the O2 on the 29th and the 25th with a maximum 100 GBP and see what I can score outside (ticket, I mean)

That's the way.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: October 15, 2012 19:30

atip
teleblaster
micawber
teleblaster
Sorry, but no thanks. I've been a fan for years, seen every European tour since '76, but this is too much. I would feel stupid paying this much for a couple of hours entertainment - just a rip-off.

So, for the first time in nearly forty years, I'm not looking for a ticket to the next Stones show. I hope those of you who do part with your hard earned cash have a great time (and I'm sure I'll read all about it on this board), but it's a bridge too far for me.

P.S. Saw Ian Hunter and The Rant Band on Saturday night. First class gig, it really was, and my ticket to stand FOS with a beer in my hand and a smile on my face was..........£20. Now THAT was only Rock 'n' Roll! Once I stop seething at the price of the Sones tickets, I might post some photos of the gig.

You get Dan Baird and Homemade Sin for less, and that's also a great great Rock'n'Roll Band!

Well, they're playing my home town in December, so I might give them a whirl!

We're all staying at teleblaster's place! smileys with beer
Oh dear! Not recommended. A night out with Mr T.blaster will cost as much as two FOS at O2.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 19:37

treaclefingers
beepee2
What's that ??

The truly objectionable tickets are the ones outside and across the street for 80 GBP.

I find that totally unreasonable. They should be available for 30-40 GBP IMHO.

lol... i thought that was a joke but apparently it is true ?! cool smiley

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 15, 2012 19:45

dewlover

I don't think it's a question of being a "cheapskate". A cheapskate, to me, is someone who wants to pay as little as possible for something. I think it is more a question of being "priced out" of the shows and feeling like the product is not a value in any way. I have gotten used to the exorbitant prices and have bitten the bullet and paid $375 per ticket for ABB, and similar price structures for Licks, BTB,etc. But,these prices are just too far out of the statosphere that even people fortunate enough to be able to buy tix don't see any value there. Sorry, but it's a 2 hour event.I am fortunate enough to be able to buy the tix but I do need to feel I am getting my money's worth. This, to me, and many others is not worth the money.I'll take my entertainment dollar elsewhere, and watch the videos posted on Youtube. It's not about crying about not going.. it's choosing to do something worth the money.I think as long time consumers of Stones' products,fans ( or customers) have a right to complain(not that MJ et al will care).

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: October 15, 2012 21:00

Gazza
runaway

CHEERS

Haven't you heard that you can get a special Platinum Gold Ticket? That gets you a rubber ball to bite down on during the erm, "event."

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:41

marclaff
Just received a mail from stonesarchive, i'm eligible to buy tickets on wednesday 17, 9hOO am BST.
Hope to find something reasonable...crossed fingers.

And this day will be the same when i saw the Stones for the first time (Brussels 73), a good sign?

Looking at the AMEX presale seats I'm afraid that only £406 gets you level 1 seating, anything less is level 4, it's crazy.

Re: Ticket details
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 15, 2012 23:01

chriseganstar
TooTough
London

The O2 Arena, London, UK

Sunday 25th November
Thursday 29th November
PRE-SALE

Monday 15th October 12.30PM BST

AMEX Pre-sale Tickets
Please note, to be eligible for this pre-sale use an Amex card to pay.

Hotel Packages

VIP Hospitality Packages

Wednesday 17th October 9AM BST

Stones Archive Subscribers
Anyone who subscribes to the Stones Archive mailing list is eligible.

O2 Customers information TBC.
GENERAL ONSALE

Friday 19th October 9AM BST

Eventim

SeeTickets

Eventim

The Code is 01273696933
If you have a ticketmaster account you can pay with your normal card.

No, I tried now. You can ONLY pay with an American Express card, even with the password code.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 15, 2012 23:18

This is a bit outrageous for the good seats! Will the market bear it? I'm sitting on the fence here....peace

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1484
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home