Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: Ticket Details London and Newark shows --> here
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 15, 2012 15:53

The ticket prices are above my limit, no matter how much money I had....400 pounds...that's 300 too much. I'd feel stupid for paying that for a r&r concert.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 16:00 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 15, 2012 15:53

Keith once said when questioned by a reporter about the monetary side of things.."Hey man, you can keep the money".................

"Hey Keith...............you're on..........................."

What a bunch of CS Losers....................

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 15:54 by EddieByword.

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: October 15, 2012 15:55

steffiestones
i just heard a rumour , the London shows are sold out!

No doubt about that, there are enough Qatari billionaires and Wall Street CEO's to buy 5 tickets for the biggest VIP event of the year.

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: October 15, 2012 15:59

Genuinely disappointed with the prices. I had hoped to nab a ticket but for those prices they can just f**k off. I've got the CDs, the DVDs, every bit of overpriced merchandise they've offered yet. Jagger and Richards are the two biggest c**ts in the business. So much for Keith's 'my job is to touch as many people as possible' bullshit. Springsteen, McCartney and Dylan can put on great shows without stripping their fans of every last penny. I'm not even sure I want to party with a crowd who can afford 450 pounds for one evening. Definitely finished with them as a live act. Open the vaults and then bow out lads.

Re: Ticket details
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:02

Sam Spade
mr edward
Ticket prices?

Prudential Center ticket prices $750 $450 $250 $150 & $95

Will better tix be sold at the Prudential Center box office?
Tickets: Tickets go on sale for the general public on Friday, October 26th at NOON via Ticketmaster.com, Charge by Phone (800-745-3000), and any Ticketmaster outlet. Tickets will be available at the Prudential Center box office starting on Monday, October 29 at 11 a.m.

[www.prucenter.com]

Perfect timing for me, I have to pick my daughter up from college in NYC the weekend of Dec. 15-16. I will tell her that if she loves her mother she will get in line on Oct. 29 and get me some tickets. StonesTod, see, kids are good for something. smiling smiley

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:03

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 21:20 by RobberBride.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:06

Saw these on TM using AMEX code: Block 103 RowJ £406.00 per ticket. That's almost $650. Seats are 2/3 towards the back. Ridiculously priced.
The only way I can see going to a show is by waiting until the show nears and watch Stubhub as the ticket prices fall. The scalpers have been scalped by the Stones.

Kind of like the New York Yankees. Fans were able to buy Yankee tickets for far less than face value (even for the postseason) based on the large quantity of tickets on the secondary market.

Last tour I saw rows of empty seats in the back sections of premium priced sections. Wonder if there will be more of the same.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:09

lmatth8461
steffiestones
jeeeez, on ebay right now!!: [www.benl.ebay.be]

Front row....but right over on the side, bit of a crap angle.

1.250 € and the guiy still charges 10€ for shipping...Crazy

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:11

There will be a proper tour next year. I'm not worried. smoking smiley

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:11

leteyer
lmatth8461
steffiestones
jeeeez, on ebay right now!!: [www.benl.ebay.be]

Front row....but right over on the side, bit of a crap angle.

1.250 € and the guiy still charges 10€ for shipping...Crazy
It's not 1250 €, it's £1250. That is 1550 €.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 16:13 by steffiestones.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:15

Remember: Stay cool!

Posted by: Fishstain ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:18

Well what can a poor boy do?
Who can't pay for a rock n roll band
Cos in sleepy london town
There's just no place for an ordinary fan.

Date: October 15, 2012 16:22

...I know, it's only rock'n'roll and you paid for...

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:24

What does this mean, 50&Counting? Counting what? Money???

After the fact, that all they came up with in 7 years is one shitty new Brenda solo track and one more, this mini-tour is the biggest disappointment in my Stones-life.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:27

steffiestones

Are you a head banger in your spare time Steffie?

Date: October 15, 2012 16:30

NICOS
steffiestones

Are you a head banger in your spare time Steffie?

Not anymore, 20 years ago i got long hair, now a nice bold one!...but i like that emoticon.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:36

beepee
steffiestones

No doubt about that, there are enough Qatari billionaires and Wall Street CEO's to buy 5 tickets for the biggest VIP event of the year.

Got that right! They go there to network anyway. Concert is just an excuse to get together for some of them...

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:39

2000 LYFH
beepee
steffiestones

Got that right! They go there to network anyway. Concert is just an excuse to get together for some of them...

With a crowd like that - what an atmosphere there will be!

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:41

In a rough estimae how much are those tickets in US dollars ? Just wondering if they are ripping people off

Posted by: rockenrohl ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:48

Fishstain
Well what can a poor boy do?
Who can't pay for a rock n roll band
Cos in sleepy london town
There's just no place for an ordinary fan.

sad but true. with the flight and hotel and all, there's simply no way I can go see them this time. I bet almost all of the really good seats will be taken big big corporations for their best customers. sad, sad, sad. ... it's getting very pricey, and who is going to pay.

Turning round, turning round
I should have known it was a one horse town

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:53

iamthedj
Genuinely disappointed with the prices. I had hoped to nab a ticket but for those prices they can just f**k off. I've got the CDs, the DVDs, every bit of overpriced merchandise they've offered yet. Jagger and Richards are the two biggest c**ts in the business. So much for Keith's 'my job is to touch as many people as possible' bullshit. Springsteen, McCartney and Dylan can put on great shows without stripping their fans of every last penny. I'm not even sure I want to party with a crowd who can afford 450 pounds for one evening. Definitely finished with them as a live act. Open the vaults and then bow out lads.

Jagger is at least openly mercenary and has never spouted this "touching people" nonsense. He is also a professional who has the decency to put his all into a performance. Richards, on the other hand, thinks nothing of going on drunk or wandering around waving at people when he's supposed to be playing.

Re: Ticket details
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:58

latebloomer
Sam Spade
mr edward
Ticket prices?

Prudential Center ticket prices $750 $450 $250 $150 & $95

Will better tix be sold at the Prudential Center box office?
Tickets: Tickets go on sale for the general public on Friday, October 26th at NOON via Ticketmaster.com, Charge by Phone (800-745-3000), and any Ticketmaster outlet. Tickets will be available at the Prudential Center box office starting on Monday, October 29 at 11 a.m.

[www.prucenter.com]

Perfect timing for me, I have to pick my daughter up from college in NYC the weekend of Dec. 15-16. I will tell her that if she loves her mother she will get in line on Oct. 29 and get me some tickets. StonesTod, see, kids are good for something. smiling smiley

I'd look into that a bit more if I were you. The box office might be no different than any other ticketmaster outlet, in which case only the first few people in line are going to get tickets.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:58

headly123
In a rough estimae how much are those tickets in US dollars ? Just wondering if they are ripping people off

general rule of thumb is 2 dollars = 1 pound, but I don't know the current exchange rate

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:00

headly123

1 pound = $1.60

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:01

I do believe I'm not going to go to see the Rolling Stones. Too expensive. Paid $450 in 2006 for MSG but that was with friends and we had a whole NYC break planned around the concert so...I justified it to myself. I did even pay 250 GBP for floor seats at O2 second night (didn't tell the wife) but 406 GBP for a rubbish seat...no ta
I'll head over there on the night(s) and see what's what

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:01

I'm feeling Doom And Gloom. Hope there will be a tour with reasonable prices next year. I'm out on this one. Plus with 3 days off between shows it's hard on people to see both. Kind of makes me think they don't want us fans around. Oh well.

Date: October 15, 2012 17:02

I think i buy the dvd.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:03

Prices are so high it's scary... Or more precisely I'm afraid that with this range of rpices, none of the usual London or NYC tapers will be able to buy a ticket, record the show and share it on the torrent sites... Yeah it's that bad!

Honestly I have NO interest in seeing the band in 2012. A decent aud tape that I'll listen to once will do it for me.

Bootleggers roll your tapes... and empty your bank account!

It's for the CAUSE you know! >grinning smiley<

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 17:08 by dcba.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:03

Send It To me
headly123

general rule of thumb is 2 dollars = 1 pound, but I don't know the current exchange rate

[www.dollars2pounds.com]

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 15, 2012 17:06

iamthedj

I hear your anger. The ticket prices are high, I can't afford to go either. Why they need to charge so much, I don't know. Still, I cancelled my Grrr order in protest.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home