Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What happened to the KR naysayers?
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 15, 2012 05:33

Even though it sounded like a Mick song he brought in, it's now a Stones song.

That means we now get Keith's slant on it.

It also means if Keith couldn't play anymore, Mick wouldn't cheapen the brand if he thought Keith couldn't Bring it.

These two together have set the bar, and they're ready to "do it again."

This is good.

Re: What happened to the KR naysayers?
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 15, 2012 05:38

The Stones INVENTED "cheapening the brand". If that's Keith, playing a whole take through like a regular guitar player, and not somehthing of his that could have been sampled from any digial input he could have done in the last fifteen years, then I'm Colonel Sanders.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 15, 2012 05:41

I'll take a bucket of extra crispy, 2 sides of mashed taters, a quart of breen beans... and... ummmm..... 12 biscuits... and a glazed donut... and a bottle of anything... to go.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 15, 2012 05:46

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 15, 2012 05:49

Didn't take long to smoke em out

Date: October 15, 2012 10:02

jamesfdouglas

The Stones INVENTED "cheapening the brand". If that's Keith, playing a whole take through like a regular guitar player, and not somehthing of his that could have been sampled from any digial input he could have done in the last fifteen years, then I'm Colonel Sanders.

Well, Colonel - what did you make of the rehearsal-version?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 15, 2012 10:25

Not this fracking old chestnut again. As if it's not going to be raising its head soon enough already.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 15, 2012 10:59

KR naysayer reporting for duty.

Posted by: Virtual_Nobody ()
Date: October 15, 2012 11:10

One ok rehearsal doesn't make a great concert.
This naysayer still hopes he is wrong (fan from 1965) but hasn't seen any reason not to doubt (certainly for a pricetag of 375 pounds)
Sorry guys, but my benchmarks are 1973, 1970

Virtual_Nobody

Date: October 15, 2012 11:27

Virtual_Nobody
This naysayer still hopes he is wrong (fan from 1965) but hasn't seen any reason not to doubt (certainly for a pricetag of 375 pounds)

Virtual_Nobody

You joined this board recently to get updates on 1970/73 - or were you a bit curious if the 2012/13 Stones would hold up? winking smiley

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: October 15, 2012 13:57

Virtual_Nobody

Virtual_Nobody

1978 Texas wasn't all that bad either : )

Posted by: Virtual_Nobody ()
Date: October 15, 2012 14:11

The concerts are announced, so hope you will have your fun, i will pass on them.
Hopefully Keith will shine and surprise everyone. smiling smiley

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:30

rebelrebel
KR naysayer reporting for duty.

..CL naysayer reporting for duty..

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: October 16, 2012 01:10

There was nothing I heard on "Doom and Gloom" the demonstrated any standout guitar work from Keith. Very steady and workman like yes but nothing that showcased his distinctiveness as a guitarist. If I go to a Stones show it would be becasue I want to see and hear one of my all time favorite guitarists play like no one else can, not to see him go through the moitions. We'll see how it it all unfolds I guess..or something...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:35

this tour will also mark the first time that either/both guitarists will have been completely sober in almost a lifetime.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:42

Keith did fantastic.
He should be proud
We should be proud that he is proud
Mick should thank his lucky stars he met Keith
Charlie...well, you just keep doing what you're doing...

Chuck we'll talk later

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:45

Rip This
this tour will also mark the first time that either/both guitarists will have been completely sober in almost a lifetime.

That remains to be seen. You can bet they'll be firing up the Marlboros onstage. Just because they say they're completely sober is no reason to believe them. Besides, Keith especially needs a few drinks in order to be "that guy" onstage, he even admitted as much in an interview from a couple tours ago.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:26

stonesnow
That remains to be seen. You can bet they'll be firing up the Marlboros onstage. Just because they say they're completely sober is no reason to believe them. Besides, Keith especially needs a few drinks in order to be "that guy" onstage, he even admitted as much in an interview from a couple tours ago.

blayton>. 77 tont{

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 05:27 by SharksWillCry.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:51

naysayers sounds a little fruity.

Can't we just go with 'bashers'?

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 16, 2012 05:52

SharksWillCry
stonesnow

blayton>. 77 tont{

Hi, SWC, if you don't mind my asking, what does that mean? Since you were quoting me, I would be curious to know what you posted initially.

Date: October 16, 2012 09:34

ChrisM
There was nothing I heard on "Doom and Gloom" the demonstrated any standout guitar work from Keith. Very steady and workman like yes but nothing that showcased his distinctiveness as a guitarist. If I go to a Stones show it would be becasue I want to see and hear one of my all time favorite guitarists play like no one else can, not to see him go through the moitions. We'll see how it it all unfolds I guess..or something...

And what about the rehearsal version?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1023
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home