Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Angie intro question
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 14, 2012 19:22

This has been mentioned a lot of times. But at the moment I'm not shure and had an arguement about it.
Who played the acoustic intro to Angie(studio vers.)? Keith or Mick T.?
Thanx

Re: Angie intro question
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 14, 2012 20:50

I go for Mick The TaYlor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 22:37 by NICOS.

Date: October 14, 2012 20:58

Keith. Taylor is the other guitar.

Posted by: 57LesPaulSpecial ()
Date: October 14, 2012 21:30

Yeah, it's Keith. Beautiful intro.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 22:35

Sometimes I wonder if it might be Taylor. In the official video you see keith with taylor on piano but they only show keith's face during the intro. Also, the studio intro is a little more intricate than the way Keith plays it live. Still, i'd like to believe it's keith.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 14, 2012 22:39

It's Keith.

Mathijs

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 14, 2012 23:14

stonesdan60
Sometimes I wonder if it might be Taylor. In the official video you see keith with taylor on piano but they only show keith's face during the intro. Also, the studio intro is a little more intricate than the way Keith plays it live. Still, i'd like to believe it's keith.

That's the other official video. They made two, one had both Taylor and Richards on acoustics with roses tied to the neck.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 15, 2012 03:13

CousinC
This has been mentioned a lot of times. But at the moment I'm not shure and had an arguement about it.
Thanx

Thanks for your excellent post, CousinC. I've always just presumed it was Keith, but as soon as I saw your question it did make me wonder, given its relative complexity. But I'm going to stick with thinking it's Keith, because he was still playing very good guitar then--and, while somewhat intricate, it's maybe not as delicate as I would associate with Mick Taylor. This sort of technical question isn't my strong suit, so I hope people continue to chime in on our question.

- swiss

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 15, 2012 06:33

swiss
CousinC
Thanx

Thanks for your excellent post, CousinC. I've always just presumed it was Keith, but as soon as I saw your question it did make me wonder, given its relative complexity. But I'm going to stick with thinking it's Keith, because he was still playing very good guitar then--and, while somewhat intricate, it's maybe not as delicate as I would associate with Mick Taylor. This sort of technical question isn't my strong suit, so I hope people continue to chime in on our question.

- swiss

The intro to Angie has the hallmarks of the guy who played the intro to As Tears Go By in the Shine A Light movie. It's Keith's song mainly, so why wouldn't he be crafting the intro? To write a song, but not figure out how it should begin? Not Keith.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 15, 2012 16:40

Thanx all!
I always thought it's Keith but somehow I've been unshure suddenly.
Always liked the intro - and the playing. Keith' stuff may never be very complicated but I think this one is another really nice one.

Date: October 15, 2012 20:31

i'd say it's keith for sure

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:37

Keith. All the way. Come to think of it, I'm trying to think of a Stones song where "the other guitarist" starts the song.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:52

The Last Time ?

Date: October 15, 2012 21:06

Hey Negrita

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:40

NICOS
I go for Mick The TaYlor

Everybody knows it's Keith........but I don't think we had hear more difference if Mick Taylor played this tune .... and why?
Other wise we would't had discuss this grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home