Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Doom and Gloom only Rock song in USA iTunes Top 100
Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 12, 2012 06:37

Doom and Gloom only Rock song in USA Itunes Top 100!
Video will go over 2 million views in 3.5 days!

Doom and Gloom peak position #71 USA Itunes! No Spare Parts didn't rise above
about #1800. I'm stunned.

[www.doipod.com]

P.S. After 15 months! Moves Like Jagger remains in the top 100 at #85

Even more stunningly, in one day the lyrics video has more
youtube views than Plundered has gotten in two years (three times as many as
No Spare Parts)

A million youtube views! In little more than 24 hours! It took Miracle Worker
a week, even with all that hype, even with the pink suit and Joss's legs and
Damian's dreads.

I don't understand it, I would have bet against these kind of numbers, but
it sure is nice.

BOTH VERSIONS made the Itunes top 100, the radio edit eventually overtaking
the album version.

Here's the itunes top 100 by genre:

pop 33
country 23
hip hop rap 16
alternative 14
dance 7
r&b soul 6
rock 1 !!!

its a good question how doom and gloom can be the only rock song on USA
itunes top 100 and not be on top of USA itunes rock list. I think the
answer is that although it is not the top seller among itunes subscribers
who describe themselves as "rock", it is getting significant support from
other-genre subscribers.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 19:51 by bv.

Re: Doom and Gloom #71 on USA Itunes! No Spare Parts didn't rise above about #1800
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: October 12, 2012 06:53

The Stones PR machine hasn't really been pushing the single. If more people knew it was out there it would sell better. Surely they can't be planningon a lot of AirPlay to sell the song.

Re: Doom and Gloom #71 on USA Itunes! No Spare Parts didn't rise above about #1800
Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: October 12, 2012 07:18

It's not nearly as good as God Gave Me Everything, Miracle Worker or Plundered My Soul, so it's certainly not going to climb the chart on its merits.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 12, 2012 07:32

Well ya'll get out there and mention it on other boards you post to... I DID! and 100% of the replies were something like "WOW, that sounds goood"... of course these are not Stones boards... just other places I haunt and cross share info with... to make it all better.
STONES!!!

Date: October 12, 2012 08:04

SweetThing
It's not nearly as good as God Gave Me Everything, Miracle Worker or Plundered My Soul, so it's certainly not going to climb the chart on its merits.

the point is: since (according to you) it is lacking in merit, and since it
is getting neither promotion nor airplay, how on earth has it climbed to #71???

when neither plundered nor no spare parts made it anywhere near that high

and when we know from this forum that hardcore stones fans are not buying it

who is???

for the stones in late 2012, USA #71 is stratospherically high. i'm sure it won't
last long, but still, its amazing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-12 08:07 by superrevvy.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 12, 2012 08:14

Was number 33 on Danish iTunes.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Doom and Gloom #71 on USA Itunes! Video in one day has almost as many views as Plundered in two years!
Date: October 12, 2012 08:15

Even more stunningly, in one day the lyrics video has almost as many
youtube views as Plundered has gotten in two years (three times as many as
No Spare Parts)

Date: October 12, 2012 08:17

JumpingKentFlash
Was number 33 on Danish iTunes.

Europe and South America are not so surprising. Plundered did much better there
as well. But for Doom and Gloom to be registering in the USA, very surprising

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-12 08:18 by superrevvy.

Date: October 12, 2012 09:30

SweetThing

I respectfully disagree, and fail to see these songs being nowhere near the punch and groove on this track?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 12, 2012 14:19

It's riding high in the iTunes store top 10 rock songs. And bravo to Greece, Netherlands, Norway and Spain for making it their No. 1 thumbs up

[www.apple.com]

Re: Doom and Gloom #71 on USA Itunes! Video in one day has almost as many views as Plundered in two years!
Date: October 12, 2012 14:29

superrevvy
No Spare Parts)

Simply because the song is better - a more natural single than the two former.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 12, 2012 15:33

DandelionPowderman
superrevvy
No Spare Parts)

Simply because the song is better - a more natural single than the two former.

Love the tune, no way it is better than PMS though...even No Spare Parts, that is gold.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: October 12, 2012 15:57

Plundered My Soul is superior to Gloom and Doom, but Gloom and Doom is pretty solid in its own right.

Date: October 12, 2012 16:02

I like PMS as well, but it's only ok. We already have Tumbling Dice - and I don't like Jagger's singing on PMS.

On D & G, however, Jagger sings like a god. This track has more punch thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-12 16:22 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 12, 2012 16:03

DandelionPowderman
I like PMS as well, but it's only ok. We already have Tumbling Dice - and I don't like Jagger's singing on it.

Love the enthusiasm, but I think you're overselling it a bit. drinking smiley

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: October 12, 2012 16:12

DandelionPowderman
I like PMS as well, but it's only ok. We already have Tumbling Dice - and I don't like Jagger's singing on it.

I assume you don't like his singing on Plundered My Soul rather than not liking his singing on Tumbling Dice! I don't think his voice is too bad on Doom and Gloom. It's not a classic vocal performance or anything but his current style suits this type of song more than some of the latter-day ballads, where it can grate. I like how he sings the words "dirt" and "hurt" in this too.

As for the charts, it's not going to be a hit I suppose but it's getting decent radio play on Radio 2 in the UK and it's their record of the week, so that's not too bad I suppose.

Date: October 12, 2012 16:21

SoulPlunderer
DandelionPowderman

I assume you don't like his singing on Plundered My Soul rather than not liking his singing on Tumbling Dice! I don't think his voice is too bad on Doom and Gloom. It's not a classic vocal performance or anything but his current style suits this type of song more than some of the latter-day ballads, where it can grate. I like how he sings the words "dirt" and "hurt" in this too.

As for the charts, it's not going to be a hit I suppose but it's getting decent radio play on Radio 2 in the UK and it's their record of the week, so that's not too bad I suppose.

Sorry, I was talking about PMS - I don't like his singing on that one.

On D & G, his singing is fantastic, even to the extent that I wonder how it is possible thumbs up

PS: D & G is #1 on the iTunes-charts in Greece, Spain, Norway and the Netherlands already!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-12 16:23 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 12, 2012 16:38

#28 in Italy

Is there a way to know how many downloads?

C

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 12, 2012 16:45

SoulPlunderer
I like how he sings the words "dirt" and "hurt" in this too.

Absolutely!!!

He's really nailed this vocal.

Good on ya Mick.

Date: October 12, 2012 16:46

Canada reporting....number 32 currently on ITUNES.

Taylor Swift holding steady at number one.

EDIT: The radio edit version of the tune is charting separately at # 159.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-12 16:49 by treaclefingers.

Date: October 12, 2012 16:46

DandelionPowderman
SoulPlunderer
DandelionPowderman

On D & G, his singing is fantastic, even to the extent that I wonder how it is possible thumbs up

PS: D & G is #1 on the iTunes-charts in Greece, Spain, Norway and the Netherlands already!

Haha, thought that. I was just being pedantic really.

Good to see the track going well in mainland Europe, though their singles have to find more joy there than in the UK or US over the last twenty or so years.

Re: Doom and Gloom #71 on USA Itunes! Video in one day has more views as Plundered in two years! Over a million views!
Date: October 12, 2012 17:00

Damian's dreads.

it sure is nice.

Re: Doom and Gloom #71 on USA Itunes! Video in one day has more views as Plundered in two years! Over a million views!
Date: October 12, 2012 17:01

superrevvy
Damian's dreads.

it sure is nice.

Quality sells winking smiley

Date: October 12, 2012 17:02

SoulPlunderer
DandelionPowderman
SoulPlunderer
DandelionPowderman

Haha, thought that. I was just being pedantic really.

Good to see the track going well in mainland Europe, though their singles have to find more joy there than in the UK or US over the last twenty or so years.

# 10 in the iTunes US rock charts now. Not bad at all after one day!

Date: October 12, 2012 17:09

Doom And Gloom is #2 on the UK iTunes Rock chart and GRRR! is #3 on the UK iTunes Rock Albums chart (Behind Mumford and Sons album and it's deluxe version.)

Posted by: marko ()
Date: October 12, 2012 17:16

why they didn´t make a "full album" as an 3rd or 4th cd of this GRRRRR set,8 songs would have been fine.

Date: October 12, 2012 19:16

marko
why they didn´t make a "full album" as an 3rd or 4th cd of this GRRRRR set,8 songs would have been fine.

I wouldn't have been satisfied unless we had 15 or 16 new songs, as invariable half becomes complete filler.

What the hell would we have been able to bitch about then?

Date: October 12, 2012 20:39

treaclefingers
marko

I wouldn't have been satisfied unless we had 15 or 16 new songs, as invariable half becomes complete filler.

Why would you have needed 15-16 songs (i.e longer than the typical Stones album) to be satisfied? I think their latter day albums would be a lot better if they had underwent a bit more editing and were cut down to about 10-11 tracks each.

Maybe 5 or so songs would have been better for this sort of project but perhaps the fact that there are only two means that they'll be released as singles and we can get them without buying GRRR!

Date: October 12, 2012 21:16

SoulPlunderer
treaclefingers
marko

Why would you have needed 15-16 songs (i.e longer than the typical Stones album) to be satisfied? I think their latter day albums would be a lot better if they had underwent a bit more editing and were cut down to about 10-11 tracks each.

Maybe 5 or so songs would have been better for this sort of project but perhaps the fact that there are only two means that they'll be released as singles and we can get them without buying GRRR!

Yeah, my sarcasm doesn't seem to translate well.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 12, 2012 22:42

DandelionPowderman
I like PMS as well, but it's only ok. We already have Tumbling Dice

hahaha! If that's the criterion (resembling some other song), I guess you don't have any use for any Stones song from VOODOO LOUNGE on.... Besides, as a song "Plundered My Soul" is much more original than "Doom & Gloom" is. And not only that but better, for sure too, if we compare what kind of titles are mentioned of D&G deriving from (whatever mediocre A BIGGER BANG or GODDESS numbers)... Oh yes, we only need one "Tumblin Dice" but three or dozen versions of "God Gave Me Everything", "Rough Justice", "Oh No Not You Again", etc. etc.eye rolling smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-12 22:44 by Doxa.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home