Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Will DOOM AND GLOOM come in multiple versions?
Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 18:55

DON'T STOP came in the "regular" version but also the "new rock mix" that I quite like and is different enough I listen to both versions regularly. (They both were on the CD single.) Will DOOM AND GLOOM have multiple versions, too?

(If this info is elsewhere on this forum, sorry for the redundancy.)

Re: Will DOOM AND GLOOM come in multiple versions?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 11, 2012 19:18

I hope not. One version was quite enough for me...

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 11, 2012 19:23

The one on the video is Doom and Gloom (Radio Mix) (got it today from the UMG), the one on itunes is album version. My understanding is that there will be at least promo CD:s.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-11 19:26 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 11, 2012 19:24

71Tele

don't be so negative. perhaps there's a version out there that sounds more like gimmie shelter or something....

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 11, 2012 19:41

71Tele
Aww. poor you. Because the song doesn't swing, you're not happy. Perhaps their swinging days are over forever. You'll never be satisfied then. Oh well. smileys with beer

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 20:03

I'm wondering that since the radio edit has a longer intro than does the album (itunes) version, but also has a shorter bridge, if there will actually be a third version that includes the longer parts from both of these tracks.....

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 20:58

Who knows if this thing will get a physical release?? Or is it just a download only??

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 12, 2012 04:05

well, i like it...

Date: October 12, 2012 06:15

lunar!!!
well, i like it...

You've been planting this comment in several places. You are under suspicision. You are now a suspect. Cease immediately or forever be dire.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 12, 2012 06:17

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
lunar!!!
well, i like it...

You've been planting this comment in several places. You are under suspicision. You are now a suspect. Cease immediately or forever be dire.

Don't worry skip, he's stuck in a loop. He's working on it...

Date: October 12, 2012 06:25

GumbootCloggeroo
71Tele
Aww. poor you. Because the song doesn't swing, you're not happy. Perhaps their swinging days are over forever. You'll never be satisfied then. Oh well. smileys with beer

It has nothing to do with me being happy. For all I care the band could have ended seven or eight years ago, and I think as a creative force this track proves they did.

As for the Stones not swinging: At what point will you and those like you ever think anything they do is worthy of critical thought? If they literally recorded Mick's farts and put a Rolling Stones gorilla and tongue on the CD I am sure you would still be here talking about how great it is and how any of us dare to disagree are not "real fans".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-12 06:26 by 71Tele.

Date: October 12, 2012 06:29

StonesTod
71Tele

don't be so negative. perhaps there's a version out there that sounds more like gimmie shelter or something....

I'd be happy with a version that sounds like "Gomper".

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: October 12, 2012 06:37

Bob Clearmountain does such a great job mixing wish he would have mixed this one..

drummer_dude

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: October 12, 2012 07:25

71Tele
GumbootCloggeroo
71Tele

It has nothing to do with me being happy. For all I care the band could have ended seven or eight years ago, and I think as a creative force this track proves they did.

As for the Stones not swinging: At what point will you and those like you ever think anything they do is worthy of critical thought? If they literally recorded Mick's farts and put a Rolling Stones gorilla and tongue on the CD I am sure you would still be here talking about how great it is and how any of us dare to disagree are not "real fans".

They lyrics are alright and Mick's singing is fine. But apart from that, this isn't nearly as good as God Gave Me Everything, Miracle Worker or Plundered My Soul. There's just not much interesting going on musically. Something of a dud I am afraid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home