Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

MOMA Celebrates 50th Anniversary
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 4, 2012 04:16

[www.rollingstones.com]

MoMA CELEBRATES THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE ROLLING STONES WITH A COMPREHENSIVE FILM RETROSPECTIVE
The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film
November 15–December 2, 2012
The Roy and Niuta Titus Theaters

In celebration of the 50th anniversary of The Rolling Stones, The Museum of Modern Art presents The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film, November 15–December 2, 2012. This first comprehensive retrospective chronicles the band from the mid-1960s until today through documentaries, fiction features, concert films, music videos, experimental shorts, and archival footage, tracing the film careers of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, and Ronnie Wood, as well as former band members Brian Jones, Mick Taylor, and Bill Wyman, both collectively and individually as composers, performers, producers, and actors. The exhibition is organized by Joshua Siegel, Associate Curator, Department of Film.

Over the past half century, The Rolling Stones have influenced music, cinema, and art, working with some of the most original and iconoclastic directors of their generation. Even with the passing years, their collaborations with Kenneth Anger, Hal Ashby, Robert Frank, Jean-Luc Godard, Martin Scorsese, and Albert and David Maysles and Charlotte Zwerin have lost none of their raw, atavistic energy and thrilling sense of artistic experimentation.

The exhibition opens on November 15 with a rare screening of Robert Frank’s S-8 Stones Footage from Exile on Main St (1972), and @#$%& Blues (1972), chronicling The Rolling Stone’s 1972 North American cross-country tour; and closes with screenings on December 1 and 2 of Peter Whitehead’s The Rolling Stones Charlie Is My Darling – Ireland 1965 (1965/2012), making its debut after an absence of more than 45 years and offering never-before-seen footage. In addition to such classics as the Maysles and Zwerin’s Gimme Shelter (1970), Donald Cammell and Nicholas Roeg’s Performance (1970), and Taylor Hackford’s Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock ‘n’ Roll (1987), the retrospective also features the band’s landmark concert appearances in Steve Binder’s The T.A.M.I. Show (1964), Leslie Woodhead’s The Stones in the Park (1969), Rollin Blinzer’s Ladies & Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones (1974), Michael Lindsay-Hogg’s The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (1968/1996), Hal Ashby’s Let’s Spend the Night Together (1983), and Martin Scorsese’s Shine a Light (2008). Also included are the Tom Stoppard scripted wartime spy thriller Enigma (2001), directed by Michael Apted and produced by Mick Jagger; and music videos directed by David Fincher, Michel Gondry, Michael Lindsay-Hogg, Julien Temple, Peter Whitehead, and others.

Re: MOMA Celebrates 50th Anniversary
Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: October 4, 2012 04:49

Thanks so much for sharing...I'm so thrilled I'll be there that week. Yippee! Go Stones!! smoking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 4, 2012 05:48

Oh boy, this is exciting, I'm gonna be in NYC in December and I love MOMA!

Posted by: iggy.pop ()
Date: October 4, 2012 10:03

No Freejack ? grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 4, 2012 16:43

iggy.pop
No Freejack ? grinning smiley

Or 'Running Out Of Luck'?!

Date: October 4, 2012 19:55

I just had a somewhat ridiculous thought.

We are all confused about the gorilla on the new album cover.Right?

Well......what if the Stones are prepariing us for their next announcement? What if they are going to make an announcement up on the Empire State Building in NYC?

Possible, dontcha think?

confused smiley

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 4, 2012 20:07

The Rolling Stones: 50 Years On Film

Earliest film being from 1965.
More Convenient Stones Math.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 4, 2012 20:08

Cocaine Eyes
I just had a somewhat ridiculous thought.

We are all confused about the gorilla on the new album cover.Right?

Well......what if the Stones are prepariing us for their next announcement? What if they are going to make an announcement up on the Empire State Building in NYC?

Possible, dontcha think?

confused smiley

thumbs up I like that idea.

ps
For the record, I am not confused about the gorilla cover, not anymore than I am about any other Stones cover. It is just a cover... for a Stones album, and I'm ok with that. I would LOVE to see/read the reaction abut the bathroom cover from people here, if it was released today.... heck, at least the gorilla has charisma. smiling smiley

pps
I am not confused about the bathroom cover, not anymore than I am about any other Stones cover. It is just a cover... for a Stones album.

Date: October 4, 2012 22:25

I hear ya Max!! grinning smiley

Oh, and about the bathroom cover if it were released today:
- it's all Keith's fault
- it's all Chuck Leavell's fault
- it's because of the tiny todger
- Bill Wyman didn't like it
- Mick Taylor did the wall writing
- Ronnie could NEVER have done the wall writing
- Brian came back from the dead to do the wall writing
- on....on....and on...............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-04 22:25 by Cocaine Eyes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home