Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Beach Boys To Return To Pre-Reunion Lineup?
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 21, 2012 20:55

surely Love is getting much more high level exposure (interviews, TV shows etc), playing far larger venues, selling way more records (more than none) and crucially for him, making way more money in this ´Reunion´BB than with his and Bruces´show.

So why would he want to jump off this train?

I guess, as someone stated above, he likes to big the big fish in a small pond, control everything and be the only star, (ok, and Bruce) rather than having to constantly be in the spotlight of the now-rightly-recognised-as-genuis Brian...

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: September 22, 2012 01:17

Sadly, even at 72 years old, Love could only be a good boy for so long before he shot his mouth off yet again. His version of the Beach Boys plays County fairs and venues like that Nutty Buddy club in Texas or whatever it was called. Meanwhile, Brian Wilson on his own sells out Royal Albert Hall. As Bill Clinton would say, do the math.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 22, 2012 22:07

I'm not sure what the financial split with Mike Love is. It could be costing him money. He's never been particularly mindful of the artistic side of the Beach Boys, so maybe he doesn't give a damn and just wants to be a 70-Year-Old in a cow barn at some State Fair mincing to I Get Around for the gazillionth time.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 26, 2012 02:18

Brian Wilson & Al Jardine Fight Back Against Mike Love Over Beach Boys Reunion

September 25, 2012 12:47 PM

It’s never quite good vibrations with the Beach Boys, is it? Just as the reunited surf-rockers are wrapped their 50th anniversary reunion tour this week in London, band members are feuding over the future of said reunion tour. Firing back at Mike Love’s new tour dates without Brian Wilson, Al Jardine and David Marks, Jardine is urging fans to sign an online petition to Love.

The petition, which currently has nearly 2,000 signatures after a few days, was started by a fan and promoted by Jardine on his official Facebook. The petition reads as follows: “In order to preserve the validity of “The Beach Boys” as a whole, and not as a “money saving, stripped down version” that only contains 1 original member, and 1 member that joined in 1965, we ask you to re-instate the 3 other members to the touring group for your final years performing. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s what the fans want!”

Jardine is not the only Beach Boy to express his unhappiness with the reunion’s end. “I’m disappointed and can’t understand why he [Love] doesn’t want to tour with Al, David and me,” Brian Wilson recently said. “We are out here having so much fun. After all, we are the real Beach Boys.”

Last week, a formal announcement was made regarding the future of the reunited Beach Boys, at least from where Love stands. Wilson, David Marks and Al Jardine will no longer perform with the group, following the final two reunion shows in London on September 27 and 28. The “Beach Boys,” at least in a touring sense of the word, will return to its pre-reunion lineup, led by Mike Love and consisting of member Bruce Johnston.

“As we move on, Bruce and I look forward to performing live for Beach Boys fans everywhere,” Love said in a press release.

The release continues: “The 50th Reunion Tour was designed to be a set tour with a beginning and an end to mark a special 50-year milestone for the band.”

Love’s concerts have billed as the “Beach Boys” since 1998, when he licensed the name for his touring use. Love, Johnston and hired musicians have set out on numerous “Beach Boys” tours through the years, often doing it on the cheap and performing the band’s biggest hits almost exclusively.

As previously reported, Love went ahead and booked some October shows under his version of the “Beach Boys” this summer, while the reunion was still in full force. There was a bit of confusion over this: Wilson was caught off-guard upon hearing the news, and some promoters were under the impression that they had booked the reunited Beach Boys and thus canceled Love’s shows.

As for Wilson, he told us back in July that he’d be interested in touring more with the reunited Beach Boys. He even talked a bit about another album for the Boys, to follow-up June’s That’s Why God Made The Radio. “We’d like to capture the Phil Spector rock’n’roll beat,” Wilson said of the album. “Get that rock’n’roll going, you know?”

Right now, it’s just a struggle to keep the rock’n'roll going.

- Jillian Mapes, CBS Local

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 26, 2012 02:20

Sign The Petition!

[www.ipetitions.com]

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 26, 2012 02:34

tatters
Sign The Petition!

[www.ipetitions.com]

But will Al, Brian, and David sign it themselves?

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 27, 2012 07:23

Mike Love: King Tw-t!

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: September 27, 2012 07:54

What a drag...Mike Love once again kills the Good Vibrations. I enjoyed the tour and really liked the album...some real gems in it.

Can he really be that obtuse? The Beach Boys brand has just been somewhat burnished and rehabilitated by the last tour and album...and he wants to drag it back into the dusty attic of mutual acrimony? What the hell is the matter with that old coot?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home