Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Autumn Shows In Jeopardy: Mick Fights For Lower Ticket Prices!
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 13, 2012 13:24

Stoneswolf
georgie48
Stoneswolf
treaclefingers
MightyStonesStillRollin50
lettingitbleed
surprising (and encouraging) if true.

Doesn't surprise me. As quiet as it's been kept Mick (and Keith) fought for lower ticket prices on the last tour.

so sad they lost that fight eh?

For the seated German dates of Bigger Bang in 2007 the first five rows had cheaper prices than the extremly expensive seats starting from row six. This was definately to please the real fans in the front rows.

Which concerts are you talking about? I heard that some concerts weren't sold out as far as expensive tickets were concerned. In order to make sure the front seats would not be empty, special arrangements were made to fill them. I doubt if the band themselves had any input or involvement there. Usually the band is not involved in ticket prices, once the deal's done. But I can imagine, that after some "Cohl" disasters in the past, they are more watchful these days. The Stones truly do care for their fans (plenty of proof), but they don't always get the details, certainly not during those hectic tours.

Frankfurt for example, fanclub members could take place at the presale where you could choose "best seat availabe", so I ended up in 1 row Keith side with tickets of a face value of 80 Euros ( I hope I remember correctly).
The same was true for Hamburg. But here I did not use the fanclub presale. Instead I baught tickets when the normal sale started and ended up in row three Ronnie's side (also für ~80 Euros / seat). It was not possible to choose the seats in a seating chart at this oment of the sale. You just found your seat location when you actually bought the tickets. (kind of lotterty (-; At a later time of the sale the seating chart for coosing your seats was availble, but of course all those best position seats where gone than and only much more expensive seats from row 6 onwards available.

Hi Stoneswolf, you are right.
As you say, you had to be a fanclub member in order to get a chance for those front seats, but you had to respond quite quickly. Not all those front seats could be obtained through membership, though. Part of them (full price) were reserved through other "channels".

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 13, 2012 14:46

She keeps on predicting things that don't come true. One day she will, by luck, and we won't hear the end of her.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut, once in awhile.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 13, 2012 15:09

'The watchman stood there dreaming........'

Date: September 13, 2012 19:40

SweetThing
georgie48
I would say "Hey Mick, don't worry too much about the ticket prices. I had 5 years, starting from the last London O2 concert in 1977, to save money every year to make sure I don't miss any future concerts, even if I have to fly across the Atlantic. It's all a matter of priorities".

So Mick ..... get the band together and play for us (asap)!

I appreciate both him and Keith for at least considering us.

Yeah, you're right!! Mick, Keith, if you're reading this, Thanks for looking out for us. LOL .....

Salt Of The Earth

Date: September 13, 2012 19:46

tatters
As quiet as it's been kept Mick (and Keith) fought for lower ticket prices on the last tour.

They weren't too successful, apparently.

I don't know, we (a party of four) paid under $200.00 (a seat) for some absolutely fantastic seats at Qwest Field in 2006.

Date: September 13, 2012 19:48

Cafaro
Love it!! Spot on

thumbs up

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: September 13, 2012 19:52

This thread has got to three pages?

Date: September 13, 2012 19:54

treaclefingers
lettingitbleed
surprising (and encouraging) if true.

Doesn't surprise me. As quiet as it's been kept Mick (and Keith) fought for lower ticket prices on the last tour.

so sad they lost that fight eh?

Did they? I didn't feel like I overpaid. I am guessing they are in a stronger bargaining position this time around.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 13, 2012 19:57

dead.flowers
GumbootCloggeroo
MightyStonesStillRollin50. give us 5 examples of times your source was correct.

and go!

Gumboot/ineedadrink, if you had only been paying attention the last 26 months (instead of challenging me at every turn) you could have easily listed 5 examples yourself. I will list them, (and in detail) but not at the moment.

OK, MSSR50, then let's see your list of fulfilled predictions of yours, now ...
MightyStonesStillRollin50, the floor is yours...

Date: September 13, 2012 19:58

dead.flowers
GumbootCloggeroo

and go!

Gumboot/ineedadrink, if you had only been paying attention the last 26 months (instead of challenging me at every turn) you could have easily listed 5 examples yourself. I will list them, (and in detail) but not at the moment.

I have decided to reveal all on Halloween night. I will include the list that evening.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: September 13, 2012 19:59

dead.flowers
GumbootCloggeroo

and go!

I have decided to reveal all on Halloween night. I will include the list that evening.
Why the f-uck must you make everything so goddamned dramatic? Just give ONE example then! Right now. You're here. Do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-13 19:59 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Date: September 13, 2012 20:22

GumbootCloggeroo
dead.flowers
GumbootCloggeroo

and go!

Why the f-uck must you make everything so goddamned dramatic? Just give ONE example then! Right now. You're here. Do it.

Do you mean to tell me you can't even remember ONE? Think real hard. I give you permission to list it. Let it be a "teaser" for Halloween night.

Date: September 13, 2012 20:28

MingSubu
She keeps on predicting things that don't come true. One day she will, by luck, and we won't hear the end of her.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut, once in awhile.

I think you have me confused with mickscarey. Rookie mistake, I guess.smiling smiley

Date: September 13, 2012 20:30

SoulPlunderer
This thread has got to three pages?

Ticket prices seem to be a hot topic around here.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 13, 2012 21:04

Kurt
OK MSSR50,
Here are a few honest questions that deserve some honest answers:

Is this potentially "leaked" news just a smokescreen to cover up the fact that the shows aren't happening and, possibly, were NEVER happening?

Will we have to wait until 2014 to see The Stones Live?

Will The Stones be around in 2014?

Why are you here?

Some excellent questions.

"Leaked news"? I don't think so. Mick and Keith fought for lower ticket prices on the last tour. You win some, you lose some.

No, I don't think you will have to wait until 2014 to see the Stones perform live. Hopefully, you get to see them perform live before the year is out. If not then in 2013.

Yes, I think the Stones will be around in 2014.

Why am I here? I guess because I am a fanboy/cheerleader? That seems to be the general consensus around here.

I, for one, am glad you are here!
Keeping this place worked up and excited is not an easy task these days!

Date: September 13, 2012 21:06

Kurt
OK MSSR50,

Is this potentially "leaked" news just a smokescreen to cover up the fact that the shows aren't happening and, possibly, were NEVER happening?

Why are you here?

"Leaked news"? I don't think so. Mick and Keith fought for lower ticket prices on the last tour. You win some, you lose some.

No, I don't think you will have to wait until 2014 to see the Stones perform live. Hopefully, you get to see them perform live before the year is out. If not then in 2013.

Why am I here? I guess because I am a fanboy/cheerleader? That seems to be the general consensus around here.

Well, I suppose I could be a Secret Agent for the Rolling Stones sent here by Mick Jagger as some have suspected?

Date: September 13, 2012 21:09

Gazza
'The watchman stood there dreaming........'

Well, are we going to get lower ticket prices or what? What are your sources saying?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 13, 2012 21:20

Shouldn't they announce something soon? It's the middle of September now.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: September 13, 2012 21:50

With all due respect, I think this is not accurate.

Date: September 13, 2012 22:12

JumpingKentFlash
Shouldn't they announce something soon? It's the middle of September now.

One would have thought so. But if my sources are accurate this might explain the delay. Might just be a matter of days. I think Mick is going to have his way. I am not sure how locked in they are to the dates that have been "tossed" out there. I mean, would we all be that terribly disappointed if the shows took place in January instead of late November? I was hoping for a Halloween club show. Not sure if that is realistic at this late stage.

Date: September 13, 2012 22:22

Kurt
Kurt
OK MSSR50,

Why are you here?

I, for one, am glad you are here!
Keeping this place worked up and excited is not an easy task these days!

Thanks, Kurt. I very much appreciate the kind words. I realize I am not everyone's "cup of tea" but I do love the Stones and a good laugh now and then.smileys with beer

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 13, 2012 22:29

Maybe the Stones will be ON Jeopardy... that would be fun.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: September 13, 2012 22:47

"My (most always reliable) sources"

What a crock of you know what...If he was REALLY so concerned, he would just have TRS do a FREE show for everyone in NYC...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 13, 2012 22:54

At this point, I'm not sure I really care about Dec gigs. The idea of only 2 shows at a new venue, seating 18,000....let's see, that's only 36,000 seats max...times how many fans that want seats??? I'm talking about the Brooklyn shows at the Barclay center. My days of tearing my hair out to get a ticket may be over.
Now if it were an easy thing to get a great seat at say around $300, well, I may rethink this!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 13, 2012 23:43

I was in jeopardy too... baby

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: September 13, 2012 23:45

well IM going to see if I can get permission to send a transcript of this whole forum to CBS, Im sure they could do a soap opera with the whole lot of ya

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 14, 2012 00:11

northernale1
well IM going to see if I can get permission to send a transcript of this whole forum to CBS, Im sure they could do a soap opera with the whole lot of ya

Take a hint from Seinfeld and present it as a thread about nothing.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: September 14, 2012 00:52

Posted by: MightyStonesStillRollin50 ()

Date: September 13, 2012 06:23

crumbling_mice
The day Jagger fights for lower ticket prices, hell will freeze over! If you had said Keith, I'd be more likely to believe it. If it is the case it will be simply to ensure that the shows sell out and it's not an embarrassment. YOu only have to look at the latest release -Grrr to see that any concerns about ripping the fans off are not well placed. Sad but true.

No doubt Mick and Keith are in agreement on the lowering of ticket prices.

Yes I can hear the conversation right now ....

"Keith what should we charge?'
"Whatever the ass holes will pay."
"I agree," answers Mick.

Thus the Glimmer twins agree on ticket price >grinning smiley<

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 14, 2012 02:07

KAHOOSIER, where have you been, my man?? Long time, no see!!How the heck are you?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: September 14, 2012 02:13

ChrisM
I thought you said goodbye yesterday..

I have tried three times recently to take a vacation but something has come up each time. There is just so much happening with this 50th anniversary year. More than I ever anticipated. Great to be a Stones fan right now.

..oh good lord..

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1540
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home