Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Dividing A Bigger Bang Into Two Albums
Date: September 11, 2012 19:25

71Tele
How about we "divide" it into a single?

She Saw Me Coming.

Date: September 11, 2012 19:28

Rocky Dijon
We've discussed it before, but I suspect altering the sequencing would have made the album stronger. Of course, I would also have added in all three "B-sides" that turned up in 2005 as well. What it really needed was stronger lyrics in some cases and a mix that wasn't made by someone partially deaf for the express purpose of affecting the listener the same way. The 2009 remaster has some very slight differences detectable if you're listening closely with headphones, but it can't be considered an improvement, sadly. This was the beginning of the mastering demolition project.

Good comments, Rocky.

Date: September 11, 2012 19:32

Stoneage
MightyStonesStillRollin50
Stoneage
This paid writer thing: I have been thinking about that for a while. Why post here for free when you can get paid for every letter you write? So, can someone guide me? How much is it and who do you talk to?

Can you imagine how much Doxa would be worth today if he had been getting paid by the word all these years?

Yeah, MSSR50! He would be up there with Zuckerberg and Jagger. A billionaire in both words and dollars. Personally, I always find it an ordeal just putting two sentences together. After that I'm done!

Less is better sometimes. Worked for Clint Eastwood all these years, well, right up until he started rambling to chairs that is.smiling smiley

Just kidding, Clint.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: September 11, 2012 20:08

A fun exercise indeed. It makes sense to divide ABB into two separates albums since some have always complained about the lack of cohesiveness it has.
I still find ABB a good listening, nonetheless.
MSSR50 may be right, it's always worthy to stir things up and see what happens.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 11, 2012 23:36

"Dividing A Bigger Bang Into Two Albums"

That's a good idea cos we could throw the 2nd half into the bin! Half the material on ABB sucks.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 12, 2012 00:10

phd
Erik_Snow
KRiffhard
The result is the same: bad album

But only half as bad this time !

No. ABB is to me by far their best album since Tatoo You. It contains some really great stuf. It could have had more impact if a sort of SMU was in it. But agree that 16 songs was too much. A more compact with 10 songs ( Which ones ?) would have had more impact. And maybe a touch of more Keith involvement. MickT would have been the right guy to be the second guitar and bring some genius touch in that opus. But in any case this would be their last album ever, it seems.

I never like to see more than ten songs on any album. Eight is even better.

In this particular case three would have been perfect.

Date: September 12, 2012 02:08

tatters
Anyone here still think the author of this thread is some kind of "insider"?

It doesn't take an "insider" to turn something average into something above average. It's rare that I come with an idea that turns out to be better than Mick's, but, of course, hindsight is always 20/20.

Nuh uh. Mine is 40/40.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 12, 2012 02:13

why not split Bang up inta 8 singles ...???

ROCKMAN

Date: September 12, 2012 02:13

This is best, or better, and that's final:

Rough Justice
She Saw Me Coming
Biggest Mistake
Dangerous Beauty
Let Me Down Slow
It Won't Take Long
Laugh I Nearly Died
Back Of My Hand
Driving Too Fast
Under the Radar

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: September 12, 2012 10:59

I leave it to them who create the music, to decide which songs are to be included in Stones releases, and which are not. What they hold as good enough and suited, is far better for me than other people's whims and prejudies.

In this case I (and others with me) was privileged with an album of 16 songs. Maybe the last complete album of new Stones songs we are ever to have had. If there will be no more new albums, I will be sad on the part of those that were glad to have aBB. But I will rejoice on the part of all those who want to cut off songs, for then they will be relieved and not oppressed any longer by the burden of songs that are odious to them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-12 11:17 by Witness.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home