Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
When will the t-shirts with the vulgar cartoon gorilla be available?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 6, 2012 04:40

I just gots to have one!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-06 04:42 by tatters.

Re: When will the t-shirts with the vulgar cartoon gorilla be available?
Date: September 6, 2012 04:50

I wonder what the symbolic significance of the gorilla is. If they just wanted an animal that makes a "Grrr!" sound, they could have used any number of animals. They could have used the Taco Bell chihuahua. Why a gorilla?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 6, 2012 04:51

...won't be long and you'll see 'em on every hot-arse in town

ROCKMAN

Date: September 6, 2012 04:59

I wanna wear it to the Bobby Keys show in Detroit next month. A t-shirt like that wouldn't cause any problems in Detroit, would it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-06 04:59 by tatters.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 6, 2012 05:01

>I wonder what the symbolic significance of the gorilla is. If they just wanted an animal that makes a "Grrr!" sound, they could have used any number of animals. They could have used the Taco Bell chihuahua. Why a gorilla?

It's in the artist Walton Ford's iconography -- he's been painting gorillas and many other animals for years.

[www.google.com]

Date: September 6, 2012 05:02

Date: September 6, 2012 05:06

Glam Descendant
>I wonder what the symbolic significance of the gorilla is. If they just wanted an animal that makes a "Grrr!" sound, they could have used any number of animals. They could have used the Taco Bell chihuahua. Why a gorilla?

It's in the artist Walton Ford's iconography -- he's been painting gorillas and many other animals for years.

[www.google.com]

So you think Mick commissioned this guy to do the cover for no particular reason other than that he liked his gorilla pictures? You don't think Mick chose the gorilla for some deeper meaning it may hold for him?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-06 05:20 by tatters.

Date: September 6, 2012 05:36

tatters
Glam Descendant

[www.google.com]

So you think Mick commissioned this guy to do the cover for no particular reason other than that he liked his gorilla pictures? You don't think Mick chose the gorilla for some deeper meaning it may hold for him?

Not at all, that may have been why he chose him.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: September 6, 2012 05:48

I want my t-shirt to wear it in Buenos Aires, and show it to my peronistas friends. Hahaha will make noise!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 7, 2012 01:00

There are some GRRR shirts on ebay, but no gorilla yet.... [www.ebay.com]

And some GRRR products... [www.ebay.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 7, 2012 01:53

tatters
I wonder what the symbolic significance of the gorilla is. If they just wanted an animal that makes a "Grrr!" sound, they could have used any number of animals. They could have used the Taco Bell chihuahua. Why a gorilla?

The gorilla is probably the monkey (on someone's back) all grown up. Who's back this year is anyone's guess. Only the pharmacist's and doctors know for sure. The GRRR is probably Mick's frustration with said Gorilla after so many years. peace

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 7, 2012 02:01

T-shirt?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 7, 2012 02:29

Fantastic!

Date: September 7, 2012 02:35

tatters

For crying out loud how many damn times do I have to explain this! OK, one more time for you, tatters. Who is the king of the jungle? King Kong, of course! Who rules the jungle of Rock 'N Roll? Now do you get it?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 7, 2012 02:46

MightyStonesStillRollin50
tatters

For crying out loud how many damn times do I have to explain this! OK, one more time for you, tatters. Who is the king of the jungle? King Kong, of course! Who rules the jungle of Rock 'N Roll? Now do you get it?

King kong from the movies - that's not real. Monkeys surely aren't kings of the jungle. Go out and see for yourself. It's the lion. After that; the tiger, the elephant or the elk.....but not the monkey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-07 02:49 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 7, 2012 04:25

Erik_Snow
tatters

King kong from the movies - that's not real. Monkeys surely aren't kings of the jungle. Go out and see for yourself. It's the lion. After that; the tiger, the elephant or the elk.....but not the monkey

Are ya'll seriously going to argue about who is king of the jungle?

Posted by: LeedsLungs71 ()
Date: September 7, 2012 04:30

I guess the Rolling Stones are really the 800 pound gorilla of rock and roll.

Re: When will the t-shirts with the vulgar cartoon gorilla become available?
Date: September 7, 2012 05:42

tatters

Oh, sure. They're the King Kong of rock and roll, alright. And we all know how well things worked out for King Kong.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-07 05:57 by tatters.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 7, 2012 06:06

Monkeys surely aren't kings of the jungle. Go out and see for yourself. It's the lion.
After that; the tiger, the elephant or the elk.....but not the monkey

One of the great scenes from Apocalypse ...

"Hey soldier ... Do you kow who's in command here?"

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 7, 2012 15:07

Great scene!!!

I'd wear a tshirt with this gorilla. Hated it, at first. Kinda growing on me now.

Like it is so bad, it is good.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-07 15:08 by MingSubu.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 7, 2012 15:19

I'm going to be brave and admit I like both the gorilla and title, GRRR!. After all how many album titles can you make a sound instead of using regular words, lol.smiling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 7, 2012 18:54

frankotero
I'm going to be brave and admit I like both the gorilla and title, GRRR!. After all how many album titles can you make a sound instead of using regular words, lol.smiling smiley
.... AND without having to buy, and use, any vowels... so that saves us money.

Me too

Date: September 7, 2012 22:09

My theory is they chose the gorilla b/c of some large leftover King Kong inflatables etc., items being sold off cheap.
Which will be ideal for promo props is my point.

Date: September 8, 2012 02:40

Erik_Snow
tatters

And the "Mighty GRRR" is real? Tell King Kong he doesn't rule the jungle!

Date: September 8, 2012 02:53

LeedsLungs71

Yes, glad to see others are getting it.

Re: When will the t-shirts with the vulgar cartoon gorilla become available?
Date: September 8, 2012 03:00

tatters
tatters

Oh, sure. They're the King Kong of rock and roll, alright. And we all know how well things worked out for King Kong.

Didn't he whup Godzilla's ass?

Date: September 8, 2012 03:35

LeedsLungs71

I also think that could be a meaning. And I guess they will include the gorilla animation in this Legend to Legend American football thing (gorillas and American footballers have some striking resemblances, at least to me). Could be possible don't you think? That would be clever marketing. I posted my thoughts about that in the thread about Legend To Legend, too.

Date: September 8, 2012 03:39

Erik_Snow
tatters

Can't. He doesn't exist execpt on film.

Date: September 8, 2012 03:44

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Erik_Snow
tatters

Can't. He doesn't exist execpt on film.

Skippy, just had a funny thought: You at the movies screaming at the screen telling King Kong he doesn't exist. Suddenly, a big hairy hand reaches forth from the screen and plucks you from your seat and right into the movie!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 8, 2012 03:47

open-g
T-shirt?

Lol.........reminds me of this, .................so funny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 03:54 by EddieByword.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1068
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home