Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: unofficial news 2013 tour
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 5, 2012 23:52

Dreamer
"I also have inside sources, but I'm not "one of the in-crowd" who is always believed here."

So I notice. They believe a guy who says about july 12 "Not for an actual music performance though, but it will be a press event--and Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor will also be in attendance."

I wouldn't say I'm an insider. I liked my job and they are really easy going guys and I like their music (before 1980).
Well I just said they talked about this. Not what is going to happen, like this gentleman did concerning july 12.
I just wanted to see if my information could be adjusted by anyone since I'm not sure it will happen. I'm not sure anything will happen 'cause Keith is not doing that well for longer periods. I hope they will do something. For themselves, for the fans.

Yes, that guy was me--but I was reading directly from the news outlet which I posted, so what was not to believe, and yes, Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor were indeed in attendance, so?...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 5, 2012 23:53

Dreamer
RSforever
Dreamer

'cause Keith is not doing that well for longer periods.

Exactly what is his problem?

He never fell out of a tree or something. That's not what happened. He had what's called a cerebrovascular accident.
Doesn't give him exactly what you need for a traditional Stones tour.

You mean - stroke?
Why it was necessary to invent the story with the tree?

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 6, 2012 00:02

proudmary
Dreamer
RSforever
Dreamer

He never fell out of a tree or something. That's not what happened. He had what's called a cerebrovascular accident.

You mean - stroke?

It wasn't "invented". The vascular episode happened near the tree. He didn't 'fall out of the tree'; he experienced the episode on the beach near/close to the trees. Here's info about cerebrovascular accidents:

[www.enotes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-06 00:05 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: September 6, 2012 00:39

Cocaine Eyes
proudmary
Dreamer
RSforever
Dreamer

You mean - stroke?

It wasn't "invented". The vascular episode happened near the tree. He didn't 'fall out of the tree'; he experienced the episode on the beach near/close to the trees. Here's info about cerebrovascular accidents:

[www.enotes.com]

The stroke theory is not plausible. Recovery from a stroke is a long, slow process and Keith would not have been able to continue on with the ABB tour. Dave Davies had a stroke in 2004, but his full recovery took years and he certainly was not in touring shape during this time of recovery. The time it took for Keith to return to the stage is more in keeping with the recovery time of brain surgery. According to Keith, it wasn't a tree he fell out of, but a shrub.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 6, 2012 00:40

Cocaine Eyes
proudmary
Dreamer
RSforever
Dreamer

You mean - stroke?

[www.enotes.com]

I am sorry, but now you are veering into something altogether different from harmless speculation about tour dates. Your attempt at being coy by saying it wasn't "invented" and calling it a "cerebrovascular accident" does not disguise the fact that you are stating that Richards had a stroke and therefore he and his doctor lied about what happened. Unless you have definitive proof that this is the case, it's irresponsible to post that kind of information. You say you toured with the band, it is well known that they have a large staff when they are on tour. Unless you have first hand knowledge, just being on tour with them doesn't cut it and you shouldn't be putting it out there.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: September 6, 2012 00:45

Keith is not a good liar, and he would have blown the cover off this story by now if it were true. I believe the shrub version he has said over the stroke version from some person on a message board, FWIW.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 6, 2012 00:45

IRRESPONSIBLE to say the least.

Keith is a human being not a paper doll. Go play with another toy.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: September 6, 2012 01:00

latebloomer
Cocaine Eyes
proudmary
Dreamer
RSforever
Dreamer

You mean - stroke?

[www.enotes.com]

I am sorry, but now you are veering into something altogether different from harmless speculation about tour dates. Your attempt at being coy by saying it wasn't "invented" and calling it a "cerebrovascular accident" does not disguise the fact that you are stating that Richards had a stroke and therefore he and his doctor lied about what happened. Unless you have definitive proof that this is the case, it's irresponsible to post that kind of information. You say you toured with the band, it is well known that they have a large staff when they are on tour. Unless you have first hand knowledge, just being on tour with them doesn't cut it and you shouldn't be putting it out there.

Fact:
1. A stroke IS a cardiovascular accident.

2. There are MANY different kinds of strokes/episodes/accidents.

3. Did they "lie" - the doctor didn't (to the best of my knowledge and recollection) and Keith's people admitted he was in hospital with a brain injury which required surgery.

4. The initial story was the 'falling from the tree thing' then on to 'riding in a boat with Ronnie and having a headache'.

5. The info put out there became more and more clear that this was a very serious brain episode.

6. If you wish to cry out "LIES"..... let's not forget the entire RS organisation, management, Mick and his need to control things, etc.

7. Was it an "invented story"? Yes, AT FIRST. But soon more and more truths came out. (If you and I were THAT MUCH in the public eye, how would we/our people respond to a serious event? Would 'our people' wish to cause panic in every venue/city/newspaper? I highly doubt it!)

I was not attempting to be 'coy'. Not at all - just trying to explain what the various kinds of stroke are!

But, go ahead and slam my posts all you want. I'm totally sick of it. smoking smiley

Posted by: RSforever ()
Date: September 6, 2012 01:22

That it was some kind of a stroke, or sever bleeding, I think is common knowledge by now, if induced by a fall or not is another story...
But what is more important, and the reason I asked in the first place, was if he is still suffering from this, or is there something else he is suffering from over "long periods" as stated?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 6, 2012 01:29

Cocaine Eyes
latebloomer
Cocaine Eyes
proudmary
Dreamer
RSforever
Dreamer

You mean - stroke?

[www.enotes.com]

Fact:

3. Did they "lie" - the doctor didn't (to the best of my knowledge and recollection) and Keith's people admitted he was in hospital with a brain injury which required surgery.

4. The initial story was the 'falling from the tree thing' then on to 'riding in a boat with Ronnie and having a headache'.

5. The info put out there became more and more clear that this was a very serious brain episode.

6. If you wish to cry out "LIES"..... let's not forget the entire RS organisation, management, Mick and his need to control things, etc.

7. Was it an "invented story"? Yes, AT FIRST. But soon more and more truths came out. (If you and I were THAT MUCH in the public eye, how would we/our people respond to a serious event? Would 'our people' wish to cause panic in every venue/city/newspaper? I highly doubt it!)

I was not attempting to be 'coy'. Not at all - just trying to explain what the various kinds of stroke are!

But, go ahead and slam my posts all you want. I'm totally sick of it. smoking smiley

You and Dreamer, in a very indirect way, stated that he didn't fall out of a tree and that he experienced a stroke. I am saying that unless you have proof that you are willing to stand by and share, then it is wrong to post it and in the real world could be considered slander. Going off on a tangent about how it was a serious accident and Mick is all about control, doesn't change that. Everyone knows it was serious, that has never been denied. The early information in many accidents is often sketchy, especially one that happened on an isolated island,so that doesn't prove anything. I can't see where anything you just posted is any more than speculation on your part and you state it as if it were fact.
My post was directed more toward Dreamer than you, but I really don't care whether you are sick of people slamming your posts or not, it isn't about you. We all like to speculate and gossip about the guys in the band, but somethings should be out of bounds, and this is one of them. If you can't see that then it's not worth arguing about.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: September 6, 2012 02:10

stonesnow
Dreamer
"I also have inside sources, but I'm not "one of the in-crowd" who is always believed here."

So I notice. They believe a guy who says about july 12 "Not for an actual music performance though, but it will be a press event--and Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor will also be in attendance."

I wouldn't say I'm an insider. I liked my job and they are really easy going guys and I like their music (before 1980).
Well I just said they talked about this. Not what is going to happen, like this gentleman did concerning july 12.
I just wanted to see if my information could be adjusted by anyone since I'm not sure it will happen. I'm not sure anything will happen 'cause Keith is not doing that well for longer periods. I hope they will do something. For themselves, for the fans.

Yes, that guy was me--but I was reading directly from the news outlet which I posted, so what was not to believe, and yes, Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor were indeed in attendance, so?...

Yes they were there smiling smiley Don't worry. I know.
I just took your way of saying things as an example to compare. With or without 'reading directly from the news...' I think in general you can't just say this or that is going to happen. I know some things and I hear some things and I would like some things to happen but I can't say things will happen. Even if I read in the Daily Mail on july 5 "A couple of other old Stones will also be rolling up for the event. Bill Wyman (1962-93) will attend as a guest, as will Mick Taylor, who played with the band for five years until 1974.
‘They’re all flying in to party,’ a source close to the group told me last night."
That's all.

Date: September 6, 2012 02:37

latebloomer
Cocaine Eyes
latebloomer
Cocaine Eyes
proudmary
Dreamer
RSforever
Dreamer

You mean - stroke?

[www.enotes.com]

Fact:

You and Dreamer, in a very indirect way, stated that he didn't fall out of a tree and that he experienced a stroke. I am saying that unless you have proof that you are willing to stand by and share, then it is wrong to post it and in the real world could be considered slander. Going off on a tangent about how it was a serious accident and Mick is all about control, doesn't change that. Everyone knows it was serious, that has never been denied. The early information in many accidents is often sketchy, especially one that happened on an isolated island,so that doesn't prove anything. I can't see where anything you just posted is any more than speculation on your part and you state it as if it were fact.
My post was directed more toward Dreamer than you, but I really don't care whether you are sick of people slamming your posts or not, it isn't about you. We all like to speculate and gossip about the guys in the band, but somethings should be out of bounds, and this is one of them. If you can't see that then it's not worth arguing about.

Ah you 'like to speculate and gossip but somethings should be out of bounds'...yeah so you never said anything about his falling from a tree huh? You can turn everything around if you want but I just react on what I read here that is not true; he did not fall out of a tree and had a cva.
Like his injury in 1998; what happened there do you think? Tell me your speculations and gossip...

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: September 6, 2012 02:56

Dreamer, you lost any credibility you might otherwise have with me by claiming that The Rolling Stones would play six concerts each in London, New York, Amsterdam (that strains credulity alone but never mind), and San Francisco. Hilarious. Precisely which SF venue did you have in mind?

Date: September 6, 2012 03:22

SecondSet
Dreamer, you lost any credibility you might otherwise have with me by claiming that The Rolling Stones would play six concerts each in London, New York, Amsterdam (that strains credulity alone but never mind), and San Francisco. Hilarious. Precisely which SF venue did you have in mind?

Well I did not have anything in mind.
And I was not claiming that they would play but I guess when they talk about possibilities I think something like they played before around there would be reasonable to think about? AT&T Park? Or something else?
And I'm not visiting this site to build credibility; I'm not incrowd so I understand I get something else...
Oh and I haven't heard what it's going to cost and what they are going to play...
So if it doesn't fit your fantasies I'm sure you would let me know if you need a fortuneteller?

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: September 6, 2012 03:25

These two different stories about what exactly happened to Keith on the island, apart from whatever the reality might be, really change my speculative perception of his health.

It's one thing to say, here is this Olympian marathon runner, and guess what, did you hear?, he had an "accident". Tripped and fell down a flight of stairs. Broke his leg. Now he won't be running for awhile.

As opposed to losing full usage of a leg due to the body suffering some sort of serious breakdown apart from any "accident" (common usage, not medical terminology for strokes).

Well, whatever the case, even if neither story above is entirely accurate, it is instructive that according to a fair number of reliable sources on this board, Keith did have "good" nights when he returned to the tour. That at least is a good sign.

Posted by: SaigonVoodoo ()
Date: September 6, 2012 03:32

I also have inside sources (a relative), very close to the inner circle, but I never, ever discuss anything that I am privy to or am told in confidence. It's a no-no. Besides, what one is told today can change tomorrow so it's just not worth saying anything that can jeopordize a relationship (or tickets!!) or putting out info that may prove to be wrong in the future.

I've been told a few things in the past week or two but I prefer to let things fall into place as they may. I'm excited about the prospects but it ain't over til the fat lady, or Jagger, sings.

Date: September 6, 2012 04:09

SaigonVoodoo
I also have inside sources (a relative), very close to the inner circle, but I never, ever discuss anything that I am privy to or am told in confidence. It's a no-no. Besides, what one is told today can change tomorrow so it's just not worth saying anything that can jeopordize a relationship (or tickets!!) or putting out info that may prove to be wrong in the future.

I've been told a few things in the past week or two but I prefer to let things fall into place as they may. I'm excited about the prospects but it ain't over til the fat lady, or Jagger, sings.

Good for you! I probably would do the same thing if I had "a relative very close to the inner circle." But I don't. And I just tell what I heard (like probably some other people could have heard the same thing like maybe your relative).
But if you are that close to the inner circle you know that very rarely things change tomorrow what is told today about a plan.
First they talk and then there are plans. When it's a plan there usually isn't that much that's going to change.
'Jeopordize a relationship'...with a relative?
I hope they have plans now. And I came here to see if people could have more information and adjust what I've heard what they talked about so far.
I hoped to read here they stopped talking and made plans for a two year tour with 150 gigs because Keith had a remarkable improvement and that he is playing like in the Steel Wheels tour.

Date: September 6, 2012 05:08

Dreamer, you're new here and you need to stick to actual facts.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 6, 2012 05:17

stonesrule
stonesrule you need to quit being so bossy and let people post what they want.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 6, 2012 05:24

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: September 6, 2012 05:59

So, how about that new greatest hits package???

Date: September 6, 2012 06:08

rbarnes00
So, how about that new greatest hits package???

GRRR! GREAT!!!

Date: September 6, 2012 06:10

I have a weakness -- I like accuracy.

Keith Richards's medical situation which led to serious surgery is not something for us to play with here.

Keith's and his doctors account of his fall and subsequent surgery is not just another "fun topic".

Max, if you don't like accuracy especially when it involves a life and death situation, I could care less.

Date: September 6, 2012 06:23

stonesrule
I have a weakness -- I like accuracy.

Keith Richards's medical situation which led to serious surgery is not something for us to play with here.

Keith's and his doctors account of his fall and subsequent surgery is not just another "fun topic".

Max, if you don't like accuracy especially when it involves a life and death situation, I could care less.

Quit telling people what they can and can not post.

If you want to be in charge.... start your own board.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: September 6, 2012 06:23

Dreamer
AT&T Park?

I see. So the Stones are playing 24 stadium shows (including 6 during an 11-plus-night break in the Giants season, presumably), but that isn't a tour, certainly nothing like the 25-stadium-and-arena shows they played in 2005, and so they don't need insurance.

You want to try any of this over before the MLB schedule gets released in less than a week?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: September 6, 2012 07:30

Doc
You can add a few shows in Paris on the way between London and A'dam.
Bill Wyman is Eurostar-compatible and he can take Thalys too.

Doesn't look like Bill is going to be the bass player, in 2012 or 2013.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 6, 2012 07:32

TeddyB1018
Doc
You can add a few shows in Paris on the way between London and A'dam.
Bill Wyman is Eurostar-compatible and he can take Thalys too.

Doesn't look like Bill is going to be the bass player, in 2012 or 2013.

Very disappointing, Teddy. Any reasons given? Any shows at all for Bill?

Posted by: RRMan03 ()
Date: September 6, 2012 08:54

I am not going to confirm or deny the shows this year but tomorrow I will call someone who would know cause he is in the band. Laugh all you want but I work in the business and know them all plus a lot of other bands of all types.I will find out the true story. I had seen the same rumors as everyone else but I guess its time to talk to the source. I never believe anything till I know it for a fact and the fact is right now I do not know.

Date: September 6, 2012 10:22

Lots of newbees with first hand-information around now.

Exciting...

Date: September 6, 2012 10:55

stonesrule

Like everybody else? Or like you?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home