Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849Next
Current Page: 44 of 49
Re: Billboard: Rolling Stones To Play London, Brooklyn In November
Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: October 17, 2012 19:28

Whew! I sure could use a swig of Rolling Stones wine right about now. . . .or RS cooking sherry. . .. Don't LOL that could be coming soon. . .. We should all get a 'laminate' with those ticket prices.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 17, 2012 20:22

Edith Grove
jamesfdouglas
corriecas
Edith Grove
jamesfdouglas
I won't bother with Voodoo Lounge Part 7, or Licks part two, or whatever this SAME SHOW is that we've been getting since '94.

There's nothing fresh at all about any of this, it feels like a hollow shell with a complete lack of anything artistic.

You must not have been at Wembley Arena, 8-29-03.

Good one Edith Grovesmileys with beerhot smiley
i loved it
jeroen

Ok... um, guess I had to be there? Glad that they decided not to do their Vegas show for one night of the tour??

So the fact they had backup musicians & singers ruins the whole gig ?

The Stones were really on that night, as well as the other Wembley Arena shows.
Must be something about that place.......

No, the fact that since the dawn of The Vegas Years, once you hear a song live, they will stick to that (always inferior to the recorded version) arrangement and play it exactly the same way anytime they pull it out again.

Dead Flowers from 1997 sounds just like Dead Flowers from 2002, 2005, etc. Can you tell if you're listening to Live Licks, Shine a light, Four Flicks or Bigger Bang?

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: stonesrick ()
Date: October 17, 2012 21:26

AS an O2 Priority client, I couldn't get on the site at 9am because of too much traffic. Got back from work this afternoon and could only access tickets available at £406!

I have previously booked my hotel (which fortunatley is refundable) and train fare from the North of England is on hold, but I think I will give it a miss.

Instead will book my £20 ticket to see the Counterfeit Stones and watch Get Yer Ya Ya's, Some Girls and Ladies & Gentlemen concerts again.

A sad and disappointing legacy to leave me with after 50 years! thumbs down

Posted by: rubytues13 ()
Date: October 17, 2012 21:34

I have been a MASSIVE Stones fan since 1973 (13 years old). I am DISGUSTED by the present debacle and will definitely not be paying such exhorbitant amounts of money to fund the vaults of people who don't need it that much.

The Stones used to be my favourite band but not any more. I now subscribe to a band who LOVE their fans and treat them with RESPECT - Foo Fighters. Seen them 8 times since 2006 and they are simply awesome live. I never thought any band could better the Stones live but they definitely have.

The secret? They love their fans, the Stones don't, however you might kid yourself!Feel gutted to have to say all this but you all know it's true. I will always love the Stones but I won't be purchasing anything else they have to offer because it's all big business to them.

Prince played 21 nights at the London O2 in 2007 and was charging £31.21 for most of the tickets. Every night sold out. It was still good business.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:18

add me to the list of die hard fans who feel sickened by these prices, over £400 for a nosebleed seat at the o2, it is insane. I hope the stones do read these scathing posts and pay attention to the negative press around the pricing but I doubt it, shame on you Mick,Keith,Charlie and Ron, you really @#$%& it up for many of your biggest fans that wanted to celebrate 50 years of a great band in London next month.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-17 23:20 by Ket.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:12

Hello!

London Shows:

I have tried hundreds of times through Ticketmaster and so far I can only get tickets, the Brussels Affair deal, for Section 106 or 40...

For these prices I was looking for Floor Seats or Unreserved Standing...

Anyone feeling the same problem?

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:18

One more to the list of die hard fans who are angry. I'm from Spain, I have seen the stones several times, most of them with my brother, with big economic efforts, but with really great moments that I will never forget. I feel that these rockers are disconected from reality, a sad ending for something that was really special.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:47

You know, I don't actually care that much how much an act loves its fans. I care more about whether I love the act. For some, it's part of the equation - the Clash, Mott the Hoople. The Stones have always been imperious.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 18, 2012 01:54

TeddyB1018
You know, I don't actually care that much how much an act loves its fans. I care more about whether I love the act.

what about that whole thing about the love you get is equal to the love you give...or something? ....oh, wrong band. but, still.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 18, 2012 04:23

Its the Stones 2012 Wealth & Haste Tour....

Posted by: gekko ()
Date: October 18, 2012 09:49

16m£ & Counting - The Rolling $tones LIVE - Nov.+Dez. 12

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: October 18, 2012 10:03

TeddyB1018
stargroover
Thats kind of at loggerheads with what Mick has been saying,he has hinted quite strongly that further shows will follow next year!

They are planning a major tour for next year.

Source?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 18, 2012 11:42

marquess
Hello!

London Shows:

I have tried hundreds of times through Ticketmaster and so far I can only get tickets, the Brussels Affair deal, for Section 106 or 40...

For these prices I was looking for Floor Seats or Unreserved Standing...

Anyone feeling the same problem?

same problem here.
jeroen

Posted by: carouslambra ()
Date: October 18, 2012 12:00

Facebook presale link is till working just bought £246 ticket next to the stage. Well chuffed (block 113).

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: October 18, 2012 12:13

Are they mailing a paper tickets or do you have to print them on line?

Posted by: tattooyou ()
Date: October 18, 2012 12:43

GADAWG
Are they mailing a paper tickets or do you have to print them on line?

I paid £2.25 for standard delivery, so I guess paper tickets are on their way thumbs up

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2012 14:42

I noticed there's no support acts at these shows. The value for money ratio just gets better by the hour!!

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: October 18, 2012 14:49

did you bought tix Gary?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 18, 2012 15:18

F**k no.

Its £150 level 1 tickets tomorrow or nothing, Rik. And only for the 25th November show.

No interest in paying for a flight and hotel to sit in a £95 nosebleed in outer space and I wouldnt pay £350 for a concert ticket for anyone, even if it was in the front row. Set myself a £200 limit before these shows were announced (assuming that would get a decent or good seat) and I'm sticking to it.

I am kinda torn, I have to admit. Obviously as a fan its going to be feel strange that its the first time since I became a fan in the late 70s that I've missed out on Stones concerts in Europe - but another part of me is saying "do NOT support this rip off". The second one is largely winning and if I dont go, I dont think I'll be bothered too much. It may actually be a bit cathartic being able to resist for once!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-18 15:35 by Gazza.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: October 18, 2012 15:31

Feel the same way, but I can't get easy off from work, so going for tix wasn't really an option for me. Even with the fact that if I really wanted I could force them to give me some day's, but well, the stones decided for me!

Posted by: rockenrohl ()
Date: October 18, 2012 16:18

Gazza
I noticed there's no support acts at these shows. The value for money ratio just gets better by the hour!!

I'm actually not unhappy about that. I always feel a bit pity for their opening acts (apart from AC/DC, but that was more like a double feature than an opener). I just want to see the Stones, I don't need a supporting act at their shows.

Turning round, turning round
I should have known it was a one horse town

Date: October 18, 2012 17:05

Frontman Jagger, 69, said yesterday: 'Everybody loves a celebration, and London and New York are two good places to do it in.'

Mick can't tell the difference between New Jersey and New York?

[www.metro.co.uk]

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 18, 2012 17:09

Come on, it's a 10 mile drive from the venue to Brooklyn Bridge.

Westminster to the O2 (Greenwich) is about the same. It's still permitted to call that London too.

Date: October 18, 2012 17:13

Gazza

i heard you had been tapped for support, no? you were going to entertain the audience with personal memories of the band and recite some key statistics.

Date: October 18, 2012 17:14

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Frontman Jagger, 69, said yesterday: 'Everybody loves a celebration, and London and New York are two good places to do it in.'

Mick can't tell the difference between New Jersey and New York?

[www.metro.co.uk]

new jersey's in the country, innit?

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 17:22

I won't even try to get tickets. This is not
My idea of rock and roll. Sorry, i could have the money to go but it is not interesting for me. They will always be my favourite band but with the same money i go to' see wilco, calexico, black keys and 3 or 4 more..

Date: October 18, 2012 17:26

Limbostone
Come on, it's a 10 mile drive from the venue to Brooklyn Bridge.

Westminster to the O2 (Greenwich) is about the same. It's still permitted to call that London too.

A different state is a different state. Is any part of New Jersey called New York? No. It's New Jersey. They're not playing Newark, NY, they're playing Newark, NJ.

Would it be OK to say that Madison Square Garden is in New Jersey because it's like, you know, like, close to New York?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 18, 2012 17:36

BV: Suggest you edit the thread title to "Prudential Center, Newark, NJ" )

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: October 18, 2012 18:03

Hahaha...NEWSFLASH:

"I feel that these rockers are disconected from reality"

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: October 18, 2012 18:06

This is freakin' hilarious!!!

And Another One: "...it's all big business to them"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849Next
Current Page: 44 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home