Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT. Moncton and Springsteen
Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: August 26, 2012 15:17

Heading out to take in my first ever show with Da Boss. Any other Canuckleheads taking in this show tonight?

Re: OT. Moncton and Springsteen
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 26, 2012 15:53

bigpond
Heading out to take in my first ever show with Da Boss. Any other Canuckleheads taking in this show tonight?

Have a great time!! Caught the Boss on Hard Rock Calling last night via Palladia.

It was great!! He and Paul McCartney brought the house down with "Twist and Shout"

Date: August 26, 2012 16:00

Thanks Chris! Caught some of that on youtube. hopefully no curfew in Moncton tonightcool smiley

Date: August 26, 2012 16:07

Yeah -

I'm still struggling with the fact that S. Florida is being overlooked this tour. I even wrote the editor at Backstreets.com for any help. I may have to travel and spend big bucks to catch this great tour.

You're in for a treat tonight. Since this is your first E Street band concert, please chime in tomorrow with some details of the event!

Date: August 26, 2012 16:11

I will drop a line. thanks.

Date: August 26, 2012 16:19

bigpond
I will drop a line. thanks.

One other thing I would like to mention about the Hard Rock Calling concert is that Bruce only with the Professor nailed Thunder Road. Just piano and the Boss himself and a little harmonica playing.

Date: August 26, 2012 16:26

Chris, we have one extra ticket......just sayin'

Date: August 26, 2012 16:35

bigpond
Chris, we have one extra ticket......just sayin'

If I knew a little earlier the offer would be engaged. New Brunswick would be interesting as well. Believe it or not, I'm in the middle of an underrated hurricane. I'm telling ya- the outer bands have punch.

Again Thanks-

Date: August 26, 2012 16:41

Bear down! Sunny and warm on the coast here!

Date: August 26, 2012 16:55

bigpond
Bear down! Sunny and warm on the coast here!

This is a huge storm. Once out in open waters (Gulf) it's going to become a dangerous storm.

I hate to say this but I think there is a possibilty that Louisiana, Miss, Alabama, and Florida gulf coasts could get hammered again based on latest tracking models. Hopefully, that's not the case. As far as S. Florida is concerned, we should be spared. However, evrything is canceled tomorrow (schools, work, etc..). We should only receive 80-100 mph winds at the most. The forecast is still evolving.

Date: August 27, 2012 19:24

Bigpond -

How was the concert? No news from any Canadian news sources sans backstreets.com-

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: August 28, 2012 07:22

Hey Bigpond how was show? I'm in BC so cant wait til Nov 26th to see him. HOw were the merchandise like?

Date: August 28, 2012 15:40

Mocton review -

[www.backstreets.com]

Date: August 31, 2012 02:35

Hey Chris and friends. Sorry for delay.It was a beautiful day for a show...warm, sunny and plenty of friends with liquor,lol. Really small crowd, about 30K. Surprising given a great natural setting that brought 88K to the 'stones and 75K for U2. But it made for a fantastic and intimate show. No flash, no fuss. Just 3.5 hours of great rock. Tight band, no flaws wonderful performance....hit the stage rockin' and never quit. Rock and poetry meets fantastic performance. Old and new, a bit of celtic (local flavour), solo performance to remember, but mostly just a great rock band connecting with the world. Just wonderful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1326
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home