Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Here's The New Teaser/Hint/Clue
Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 25, 2012 04:12

Cocaine eyes ?

Date: August 25, 2012 04:17

MightyStonesStillRollin50
FolkyFireKitten1
From The Rolling Stones FB page:

"A new teaser is now live, download the uView app to your device and hold it against this image.

TURN YOUR VOLUME UP!"

We can hear "Start Me Up" riff!!!
(and maybe some animal growling...)

Many thanks to "The Rolling Stones - France" FB page that told about it thumbs up

Very simply (and obviously) means, the tigers (the Stones have awaken from their slumber and are about to be set free!

Some hungry tigers, I might add. Haven't eaten in five years!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 25, 2012 04:58

Stoneage
They seem to be adressing their marketing towards kids, social media women and cell phone nerds. Are they aware that the large bulk of their fans are old men who hates Facebook and uses their cell phones for phone calls, nothing else?

Yeah this is silly... old old old "make em jones" tactics using new gimmicks.

Dear Rolling Stones,
it is about the music... keep it simple... keep it about the music.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 25, 2012 19:32

It hasn't been "about the music" since 1982.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: August 25, 2012 20:15

It might be the only free thing the Stones ever give out, that useless app.

Date: August 25, 2012 20:58

jamesfdouglas

So what happened after 1982? Please explain. Sometimes, you are good at that.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 25, 2012 23:00

This whole 'app' thing is just plain stupid. I have a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S3, oh and they did NOT copy Apple. Android is an entirely different OS and I love it), and I have facebook/twitter/all-that-crap, mostly for my business. I hate facebook. Twitter is a waste of time but necessary.

Teasing us through an app is the same thing as Romney telling people he'd announce his VP pick on his app. I will never download an app for a one-time use, only to uninstall it 5 seconds after viewing whatever the announcement was... It makes no sense and is a complete waste of time. For Romney, I just waited 10 seconds and it was on Drudgereport. Why on EARTH would I download an app for that?

Same with the Stones. Why would I download an app to see some eyes wink at me and play Start Me Up? Why? There is NO reason I would do that. Instead I'll just wait for one of the millions of fans out there to do it and tell us if there was anything worth while.

If there were smart, they'd put together a STRATEGY! Like a countdown-to-tour. 50 days, 50 unreleased live or studio tracks. On the 50th day, live concert online. BAM. That makes sense. This crap with the app makes no sense.

Wait a minute... It DOES make sense. UMG just want a bunch of people to download their app. Thats the only reason for this. Unless the Stones have a cartoon character as their new mascot... Jump the shark already!!!

Posted by: Sway714 ()
Date: August 26, 2012 02:12

They're DINOSAUR eyes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-26 02:16 by Sway714.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 26, 2012 02:14

jamesfdouglas

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 26, 2012 02:28

His Majesty
jamesfdouglas

let me think of what was significant about 1974. don't tell me!! it's coming to me.....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 26, 2012 03:14

StonesTod
His Majesty
jamesfdouglas

let me think of what was significant about 1974. don't tell me!! it's coming to me.....

It's Only Rock & Roll.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 00:40

The Rolling Stones put a new teaser online . Now, we can see the (remastered?) Street of Loves video.
"Some exciting news will be revealed next week, and a chance to win some incredibly special prizes."

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: August 30, 2012 00:52

Possible treasure hunt clues to a secret gig? Is there a Pussycat Lounge near where the "Streets of Love" video was filmed?

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: August 30, 2012 15:42

3rd teaser: the background image has changed and is Keith's photo on the Tatoo You album now, and we can watch the "Worried About You" video clip...

Ok... Let me recapitulate:

First of all a pair of apparently an animal eyes and this " Keep your eyes peeled " message
And then:
1st teaser: on these eyes, we hear an animal growling or purring and the first riffs of Start Me Up.
2nd: always on these eyes, we can watch the "Streets Of Love" video clip.
3rd: the background image changes and becomes Keith's photo on the Tatoo You album, and we can watch the "Worried About You" video clip.

Do you see anything logical there?..

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: August 30, 2012 17:18

Could they be compiling a complete dvd of their videos?

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: August 30, 2012 21:54

FWIW, the SOL video was shot in Ottawa, Canada. Ottawa is our Capital city.

I have NO idea what that means, but I'm getting really sick of this app-thing-games.

Geez..............

But, thanks to you guys who are keeping us updated on the app thing!

smoking smiley

Date: August 30, 2012 22:33

MightyStonesStillRollin50
jamesfdouglas

So what happened after 1982? Please explain. Sometimes, you are good at that.

The huge rift between Mick and Keith started, and they realized that they basically can't be in the same room together very long.

Everything the band has done since has been only about the money in a cold, calculated fashion. As this happened, their legend inflated beyond their ablilty to actually write/record music worthy of their name. The tickets got very expensive, while the quality of their music took a nose-dive. It's been like this, getting worse and worse.

Now the band isn't a band anymore. They're a product, a logo, like Ford, Esso, Disney. They're the most base of all generic rock who have become sadly boring and MIddle-of-the-Road. They haven't culturally mattered at all since 1982.

And the funny thing is, they never were really that good compared to their influences, peers, and those that take directly from them.

Mighty, I understand that this means nothing to you because you get all juicy in the drawers about the contrived media hype-machine. They're now a band who caters to people just... like... you.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 30, 2012 22:39

I saw them in 1972. They were that good. After '74ish (or '80ish, depending on your perspective) -- not the same.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 30, 2012 23:08

Thank you Folky Fire Kitty

Date: August 31, 2012 21:20

How do you keep 100 IORR's in suspense?

Date: September 4, 2012 17:28

It's the "50 Licks" cover.

(slow clap)

I've joked a few times that the Stones were greasy enough to put one out. And here it is. Fifty Licks. (shakes head)

[thepowergoats.com]

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home