Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Here's The New Teaser/Hint/Clue
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 24, 2012 18:43

Munichhilton

Now that hurts ! What a cruel dig at me - but what can you expect from Texans....

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 18:53

3DTeafoe
According to RS.com, there is supposed to be a "big announcement" today.

From the official site:

"24 August 2012 - Be part of our forthcoming announcement

The Rolling Stones and Universal Music are celebrating their 50th anniversary with something exciting coming your way.
Get involved by downloading the free uView app from the iTunes or Android app stores.
A teaser is already live. To see it, download the uView app, and point your device at any of the images tagged with the uView icon.
More teasers will be added over the coming week, so keep checking back."

This means to me we'll have to wait a week more...

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: August 24, 2012 19:03

QUESTION:

What about people (ME!!) who don't have a smart phone (or whatever one needs to download that app thing)? Do the rest of us miss out on this announcement?

Thanks,
CE

Date: August 24, 2012 19:19

Cocaine Eyes
QUESTION:

What about people (ME!!) who don't have a smart phone (or whatever one needs to download that app thing)? Do the rest of us miss out on this announcement?

Thanks,
CE
I don't have any smartphone either, I'm only fb friend with someone who owns one.
Anyway, I frankly doubt they would tease like this for a tour. It's an UMG app, it must be for an album, imo

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 19:22

I thought I heard on the radio last week that Radiohead was doing the same thing. There was a teaser with animal eyes that blinked at you. The DJ said people were thinking they were panda eyes and that meant a tour of China. Are we sure this thing with the eyes is just for the Rolling Stones?

Date: August 24, 2012 19:25

From RS.com:

24 August 2012
Be part of our forthcoming announcement

But without that app thing.........what to do?

confused smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 24, 2012 19:26

Cocaine Eyes
QUESTION:

Thanks,
CE

That is kind of what I was (smartass saying) above...

In answer to your question.. we will just have to rely on good people to relay the secret message... you alert to the tweet... they usetheir secret decoder rings (iphon es) to decipher it... and then (hopefully) let us know what the ovaltine secret message was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-24 19:27 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 24, 2012 19:30

Max'sKansasCity
Cocaine Eyes
QUESTION:

Thanks,
CE

In answer to your question.. we will just have to rely on good people to relay the secret message... you alert to the tweet... they usetheir secret decoder rings (iphon es) to decipher it... and then (hopefully) let us know what the ovaltine secret message was.

OK! Good grief, if the Stones are gonna go 'all young people' on me now it's pretty sad. Jagger, yes.....I can see that. But the WHOLE BAND? Cripes, I've been following this band since 1964; I ain't young (neither are they!); I don't have a smartphone; I can't afford a smartphone; I don't want a smartphone......but I'm still a FAN!!

smoking smiley

So........the kind people here REALLY better keep us posted!

Many thanks in advance.

Date: August 24, 2012 19:32

Max'sKansasCity
Cocaine Eyes
QUESTION:

Thanks,
CE

Yep, and if you're on Facebook, keep an eye on that The Rolling Stones - France FB page...

Date: August 24, 2012 19:36

lamemodem2
I thought I heard on the radio last week that Radiohead was doing the same thing. There was a teaser with animal eyes that blinked at you. The DJ said people were thinking they were panda eyes and that meant a tour of China. Are we sure this thing with the eyes is just for the Rolling Stones?
Are you sure you're not mistaken? The Stones fb page began with the that app last week, saying "Keep your eyes peeled".

Date: August 24, 2012 19:37

Thanks for the link to Facebook France! Here's what they're saying:

La rumeur continue de courir sur une possible tournée des Stones en 2013 qui commencerait par la Chine. Ce serait donc le deuxième concert des Stones en Chine, le premier ayant eu lieu le 8 avril 2006 avec comme intro ... Start Me Up ! On s...e souvient notamment de ce pathétique duo avec un rocker chinois du nom de Cui Jian qui s'était - le pauvre - complètement emmêlé les pinceaux dans les paroles de Wil Horses ! La setlist avait été amputée de 5 titres jugés trop subversifs par le régime chinois.

MY question now.........why France? And......I don't even do FB!! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: August 24, 2012 19:39

FolkyFireKitten1
Max'sKansasCity
Cocaine Eyes
QUESTION:

Thanks,
CE

Yep, and if you're on Facebook, keep an eye on that The Rolling Stones - France FB page...

Im not... And now that I have said so many mean things about FB, they told me that I couldnt join now if I wanted to... There would probably be a message about it on my smart phone... if I had one... but I dont...

So... as I said earlier..
Thank you very much for passing on the info smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-24 19:46 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: August 24, 2012 19:41

Cocaine Eyes
Thanks for the link to Facebook France! Here's what they're saying:

La rumeur continue de courir sur une possible tournée des Stones en 2013 qui commencerait par la Chine. Ce serait donc le deuxième concert des Stones en Chine, le premier ayant eu lieu le 8 avril 2006 avec comme intro ... Start Me Up ! On s...e souvient notamment de ce pathétique duo avec un rocker chinois du nom de Cui Jian qui s'était - le pauvre - complètement emmêlé les pinceaux dans les paroles de Wil Horses ! La setlist avait été amputée de 5 titres jugés trop subversifs par le régime chinois.

MY question now.........why France? And......I don't even do FB!! tongue sticking out smiley

The page owner is a French Stones fan and he helped me for the teaser

Date: August 24, 2012 19:53

Also, from RS.com:

More teasers will be added over the coming week, so keep checking back.

I figure they're waiting for the exhibit at Somerset House to be over on 2nd September before telling us "the announcement".

cool smiley

Date: August 24, 2012 20:06

Date: August 24, 2012 20:06

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 24, 2012 20:25

Erik_Snow
Munichhilton

Now that hurts ! What a cruel dig at me - but what can you expect from Texans....

Nothing but love for you man....nothing but primitive love...cool?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:09

Keep Your Eyes Peeled, clearly a Fingerprint File Reference.

"Who's dat man on da cornah? Not dat conah, dat one ovah deyahhhh!"

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 25, 2012 01:57

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
You have to download it to get the sound to work? That's lame.
Yup... what is next??.... guess a number bewtween 1-100 and if you pick right, then go left.... then take 2 steps back and look up... what do you see? then visit lame.com and search for the magic key which will unlock soemthing specialsoon... but first down load another app... but wait... first buy an iphone... then sign up for facebook... then link them together so we can tell who you aasociate with.... then share your magic key to see the secret code...then tune in next week for more instructions...

You left out 'smear keys in peanut butter'.

Then lather, rinse, repeat

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: August 25, 2012 02:24

"The Rolling Stones and Universal Music are celebrating their 50th anniversary with something exciting coming your way."

The way this message is worded I'm almost certain the "big announcement" will be nothing more than the CD/DVD package coming out, it doesn't sound like a teaser for a tour announcement at all. sad smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: August 25, 2012 02:28

FolkyFireKitten1
From The Rolling Stones FB page:

"A new teaser is now live, download the uView app to your device and hold it against this image.

TURN YOUR VOLUME UP!"

We can hear "Start Me Up" riff!!!
(and maybe some animal growling...)

Many thanks to "The Rolling Stones - France" FB page that told about it thumbs up

Very simply (and obviously) means, the tigers (the Stones have awaken from their slumber and are about to be set free!

Date: August 25, 2012 02:34

FolkyFireKitten1
3DTeafoe

From the official site:

"24 August 2012 - Be part of our forthcoming announcement

The Rolling Stones and Universal Music are celebrating their 50th anniversary with something exciting coming your way.
Get involved by downloading the free uView app from the iTunes or Android app stores.
A teaser is already live. To see it, download the uView app, and point your device at any of the images tagged with the uView icon.
More teasers will be added over the coming week, so keep checking back."

This means to me we'll have to wait a week more...

High drama on the high seas! Can't wait!

Date: August 25, 2012 02:37

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
3DTeafoe

How come MightyRollin50 isn't springing it? Must not have to do with something to dear to his mission, er, heart.

I can hardly take it! The suspense, that is!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 25, 2012 03:00

They seem to be adressing their marketing towards kids, social media women and cell phone nerds. Are they aware that the large bulk of their fans are old men who hates Facebook and uses their cell phones for phone calls, nothing else?

Date: August 25, 2012 03:26

Stoneage
They seem to be adressing their marketing towards kids, social media women and cell phone nerds. Are they aware that the large bulk of their fans are old men who hates Facebook and uses their cell phones for phone calls, nothing else?

Must be that they plan on continuing long after we are gone.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 25, 2012 03:38

MightyStonesStillRollin50
Stoneage

Yeah, you are probably right, Mighty! Or is it the fact that they are adressing their PR towards people they want to have as their audience rather than the audience they already have?

Date: August 25, 2012 03:40

Cocaine Eyes
Also, from RS.com:

More teasers will be added over the coming week, so keep checking back.

I figure they're waiting for the exhibit at Somerset House to be over on 2nd September before telling us "the announcement".

cool smiley

Oh, those Rolling Stones, such drama queens. I love it!

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: August 25, 2012 03:49

claudine

MightyStonesRolling50 you bring me down, has a file on me six feet high...?

Date: August 25, 2012 03:57

Stoneage
MightyStonesStillRollin50
Stoneage

Yeah, you are probably right, Mighty! Or is it the fact that they are adressing their PR towards people they want to have as their audience rather than the audience they already have?

Whatever their reasons, you can rest assured it has been carefully thought out and examined from every possible angle. It's all down to marketing. Mick is a genius in more than one way.

Date: August 25, 2012 04:05

SweetThing
claudine

MightyStonesRolling50 you bring me down, has a file on me six feet high...?

The eyes of the Watchman?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1450
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home