Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: New Album Or Tour?
Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: August 24, 2012 20:49

Well, well, well. If the new tour is similar to the ones we've seen 5-10 years ago then new album, please. If the new album is similar to the ones we've heard 10 years ago then new tour, please. It depends so much on what kind of tour/LP there is looming behind a corner.

Date: August 24, 2012 20:52

jamesjagger
A NEW ALBUM of course, rather than an 70 years old singer moving his wrinkeled ass and wearing pink suits. I wouldn't the Stones doing some club shows with mick sitting on a stool and playing a couple of acoustic "stripped" tunes.
Shows like his appearance in the White House lately or on "Saturday Night" leaves a bad taste though his voice did sound well.

You are right about one thing, Mick doesn't need to be Jumpin Jack Flash to captivate an audience. He can be just as effective standing still. Hope he doesn't feel he has to live up to "Move Like Jagger" forever.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 24, 2012 20:55

We're still in the clear...no one's suggested they get back in the studio and give us an all blues cover album...

Date: August 24, 2012 21:42

Justin
We're still in the clear...no one's suggested they get back in the studio and give us an all blues cover album...

Good suggestion, Justin.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-24 21:42 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Date: August 24, 2012 21:45

stonesdan60
I'm greedy. I want both..but I know, I knoooow.....I can't always get what I want.....

Well, you are in luck. You will get both but which would you prefer?

Date: August 24, 2012 21:52

Gazza
MightyStonesStillRollin50
If you had to choose one, what would it be?

Difficult choice, but I think I would choose a new album with all new songs.

Of course we are going to get both at some point, but which one would mean more to you as a fan?

I'm glad you're so confident. They're under no contractual obligation to deliver one and the chances of them recording and releasing one in the next few months is incredibly slim.

Unless they throw a big surprise at us, the new album probably won't be released until sometime during the latter part of the first half of 2013.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 24, 2012 21:53

Gazza

Of course we are going to get both at some point, but which one would mean more to you as a fan?

I'm glad you're so confident. They're under no contractual obligation to deliver one and the chances of them recording and releasing one in the next few months is incredibly slim.

Unless they throw a big surprise at us, the new album probably won't be released until sometime during the latter part of the first half of 2013.

how about the early part of the second half of 2013. or maybe the latter part of the early part of the end of 2013? but, never at dusk...they would never do that...

Date: August 24, 2012 21:55

71Tele
We're only three years away from the ABB Deluxe 10th Anniveresary Reissue!

Getting excited already, are we?

Date: August 24, 2012 22:12

StonesTod
Gazza

how about the early part of the second half of 2013. or maybe the latter part of the early part of the end of 2013? but, never at dusk...they would never do that...

That is possible, hell, all things are possible with the Rolling Stones. Could happen if they decide to expand whatever limited tour is planned beyond the official 50th anniversary year which ends at midnight on July 11, 2013. Maybe they want to tour into the fall of 2013 which would coincide with the 50th anniversary of their first ever tour that kicked off in late September of 1963?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:41

Rockman
...Studio album ...and make it a double

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!.....i rescind previous comments about your mental health..you are spot on with the Double LP idea--INSPIRED!! ...er..how about making it a triple?....don't wanna be a "new song" hog but what the hell--it's been a while right?...

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 24, 2012 22:50

No new album, only a compilation with 2 or 3 new songs. no tour information.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: August 24, 2012 23:50

Justin

My sentiments also - some mature music - no gimmicks - just some blues covers.

A fitting way to end it with their last studio album, They came in with a covers album, why not go out with one. At least that way they would not have to bicker over or try and come up with ideas for new songs. The only fighting would be about what songs not to do !! This is a more realistic propostion under the current circumstances.Scale down the whole thing no posin, concentrate on the music and sound like a band.Would earn them more respect. [from me anyway]

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: August 25, 2012 00:34

A tour!
I think A Bigger Bang is a great album, and I hope it's going to be another one in the same class - It's really Stones-music! (Like Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleeed, Sticky Fingers and Exile on main street) By the way, does anyone remember the contract with Universial for how many albums?
But I prefer a tour. You can always look for, and buy your Promotional album, your Santanic 3D-cover or your 1A/1A No.1, but be in the right city at the right day is the most imortant thing. The day after it's to late. (The Rolling Stones was here yesterday!) At this point I'm sure that I will collect moments and memories. (I have been so lucky that I have seen them in clubs 2 times, and I will remember it for the rest of my life!) The biggest kick I have is the moment they go on stage, and I haven't seen them for a long time. Realistic, I will have that moment one more time in my life. I will try to collect so much money as possible and see so many shows I can for this tour. And remember - the fans of that boyband from Liverpool they saw their last show on Shea Stadium back in 66, if they didn't look up outside the Abbey Road Studios in 69, they have collected records for over 40 years - we are so lucky that we can still see the band on stage!! And it's a another important thing with a tour: I'm really looking forward to meet all the great IORR's again for a beer before and after the show!! See you in 2012 in London.

Per-Arne, (needs a ticket)
45 shows.......and still counting!

Date: August 25, 2012 00:40

Well to be honest, I don't want them to do a blues album. I was just surprised that no one's suggested it yet since it's always the first or second thing that pops up at the mention of a new studio album.

If they're in the studio recording...I want to hear as much new Jagger/Richards compositions as I can while they're still on this earth to do so...no matter how lame or crappy it is.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 25, 2012 00:44

Justin
I want to hear as much new Jagger/Richards compositions no matter how lame or crappy it is.

Today's Fan of the Day

Date: August 25, 2012 01:04

I don't mind the title but please take down the framed picture of me from the wall.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 25, 2012 01:10

Justin
Well to be honest,

To be what now?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 25, 2012 01:54

Both. I never choose unless I have to, and I don't have to.

Date: August 25, 2012 04:21

latebloomer
Both. I never choose unless I have to, and I don't have to.

Correct.

Date: August 25, 2012 06:38

Is MightyRollin50 a very bored Ronnie that needs to spout worthless information?

Seems like it. I hope not.

Regardless.

Go have quite a few smokes and stay outside. For a long long time.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: August 25, 2012 08:51

Let them do a 16 to 18 song album, then give it to someone else to put it on the chopping block and release an 8 to 10 song album.

Honestly, the Rolling Stomes since 1989 have released "average" rock music indistinguishable from any stuff you hear on a rock radio station. The days of real creative spark and a sense of being on the leading edge are long gone.

No tour, just a few big gigs. That's all they will likely want to do anyway.

My original thought: Release a CD single and a vinyl 45 as the swan song - just two new original songs. Who knows, it might even make the charts.

P.S.: I haven't listened to a "rock radio station" in 30 years.

P.P.S.: In 200 years the Rolling Stones will still be known.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 25, 2012 09:05

Keyman
I believe no tour anymore but maybe some last gigs.
Perhaps London and New York.
Thats it!

San Francisco please!

Date: August 25, 2012 16:36

MileHigh
Let them do a 16 to 18 song album, then give it to someone else to put it on the chopping block and release an 8 to 10 song album.

No one here is keeping them from doing anything.

Date: August 25, 2012 18:02

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Is MightyRollin50 a very bored Ronnie that needs to spout worthless information?

Regardless.

You are going to miss me very badly when I am gone. I just know it.smiling smiley

Date: August 25, 2012 18:08

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Regardless.

You are going to miss me very badly when I am gone. I just know it.smiling smiley

Glad you amuse yourself along with all the other times you amuse yourself.

Date: August 25, 2012 18:41

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Regardless.

No, it's you that amuses me. Never thought it could be so much fun being stalked. Please continue. smiling smiley

Date: August 25, 2012 18:45

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Regardless.

No, it's you that amuses me. Never thought it could be so much fun being stalked. Please continue. smiling smiley

Stalked? That's what you call it? I really do work at ignoring you but it doesn't always work. Like I said and now add to:

car wreck + annoyance + silly ideas + factional fantasy = MightyRollin50.

Date: August 25, 2012 18:57

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Regardless.

Stalked? That's what you call it? I really do work at ignoring you but it doesn't always work. Like I said and now add to:

Wasn't the Clint Eastwood movie Tightrope actually filmed in New Orleans?

Date: August 25, 2012 20:12

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Regardless.

Wasn't the Clint Eastwood movie Tightrope actually filmed in New Orleans?

You're not really in promotion, are you.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 25, 2012 20:19

Every which way but loose was filmed in Africa

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2072
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home