Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : The Doors - Live At The Bowl '68 - Blu-Ray
Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: August 15, 2012 19:39

THE DOORS supplied plenty of post-Independence Day fireworks on July 5th, 1968 when the legendary quartet played the Hollywood Bowl, a concert that is considered to be the band’s finest on film. For the first time, the film from the historic performance has been painstakingly restored using the original camera negatives and the audio has been remixed and mastered from original multi-tracks by the group’s engineer Bruce Botnick. This new restoration offers a stunning visual upgrade from earlier versions and will give fans the closest experience to being there live along side Jim Morrison, John Densmore, Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek, who opined, “You can hear it as if you were at the Hollywood Bowl, on stage with us.”

Full article here :
[www.bravewords.com]

Live At The Bowl '68 tracklisting:

'Show Start/Intro'
'When The Music’s Over'
'Alabama Song (Whisky Bar)'
'Back Door Man'
'Five To One'
'Back Door Man' (Reprise)
'The WASP (Texas Radio And The Big Beat)'
'Hello, I Love You'
'Moonlight Drive'
'Horse Latitudes'
'A Little Game'
'The Hill Dwellers'
'Spanish Caravan'
'Hey, What Would You Guys Like To Hear?
'Wake Up!'
'Light My Fire' (Segue)
'Light My Fire'
'The Unknown Soldier'
'The End' (Segue)
'The End'

Re: OT : The Doors - Live At The Bowl '68 - Blu-Ray
Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 15, 2012 21:00

I am pretty sure I sneaked into this show after a long and ridiculous attempt to get into the bowl from above. We were walking on streets, in people's back yards, it was crazy. At one point a friend went over the edge, into some ivy and completely disappeared. We could hear the show, but could not find a way into the bowl. Eventually, we found the front and took a shot at getting in from that direction. I got into the trees and shrubs on the side and laid low. Saw most of The Doors show. If I remember correctly, The Chambers Brothers (we heard them from the hills) and I believe Steppenwolf were on the bill. We missed them. Good show if you had a ticket. Thinking about it today, I want to apologize to the homeowners behind the bowl.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 15, 2012 21:05

pmk251
I am pretty sure I sneaked into this show after a long and ridiculous attempt to get into the bowl from above. We were walking on streets, in people's back yards, it was crazy. At one point a friend went over the edge, into some ivy and completely disappeared. We could hear the show, but could not find a way into the bowl. Eventually, we found the front and took a shot at getting in from that direction. I got into the trees and shrubs on the side and laid low. Saw most of The Doors show. If I remember correctly, The Chambers Brothers (we heard them from the hills) and I believe Steppenwolf were on the bill. We missed them. Good show if you had a ticket. Thinking about it today, I want to apologize to the homeowners behind the bowl.

Good story. Did you ever see your friend again!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 15, 2012 21:08

...and on DVD and CD as well according to the article.
Thanks for the info,with The Who Live In Texas this might be a good october...

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: August 15, 2012 21:44

Good news!

Hope they not did a lot of overdubs..I want to hear a clean Doors... Not the best show of them. Morrison didn't perform well(Maybe because Mick Jagger was there with Morrison's girlfriend by their side cool smiley), but it is good to know that this historical performance(more for the quality of the footage) gonna be released in blu-ray.
Btw, the Hollywood Bowl release in VHS and DVD, do not have the entire performance...(it misses Hello I Love You, The WASP(maybe only a few spoken words) and the first part of Spanish Caravan) and this one have!

The "highlights" of this performance, imo, are The Unknown Soldier and The End.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: August 15, 2012 21:54

"'Hey, What Would You Guys Like To Hear?"

Is that Jim asking the audience what they would like to hear? I love that song!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: August 15, 2012 22:34

Other than going there for classical concerts and some jazz, the Hollywood Bowl has been a strange place for me. A group of us got blasted listening to Humble Pie, then behaved badly when ELP came on. We wanted to rock. Apologies to the people around us.

Someone gave me GREAT tickets to see...Black Sabbath. The opening act was terrible, so was BS. The Southern California crowd was NOT into the headbanger music. BS left after barely 30 minutes claiming someone in the band was sick. I was happy to leave. No apology needed for that one.

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: August 16, 2012 00:09

there is two additional songs which were not on the original vhs.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Date: August 16, 2012 00:18

nice

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: August 16, 2012 01:54

Not one of Morrison's best gigs as he was tripping face on acid.

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: August 16, 2012 02:44

Here's Mick backstage at that concert

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 16, 2012 03:01

Is that John Lennon?

Posted by: Keef1966 ()
Date: August 16, 2012 03:12

No it's The Real Don Steele. KHJ disc jockey. He had a TV show is the 70's here in LA.

Date: August 16, 2012 06:40

batcave
Not one of Morrison's best gigs as he was tripping face on acid.

that was almost every Doors show

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: August 16, 2012 14:08

Cool

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: August 16, 2012 16:50

Thank you, Keef!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home