Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones Live LP Tracks Before Overdubs
Date: August 5, 2012 17:46

Have any of the live album tracks ever been available on bootleg without overdubs/before they overdubbed on them? Is there a live boot dedicated to such a thing? It may be impossible to do for all I know but it would make a great listening.

Re: Stones Live LP Tracks Before Overdubs
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 5, 2012 18:24

the stones never do overdubs, skippy; you should know better.

Date: August 5, 2012 22:36

StonesTod
the stones never do overdubs, skippy; you should know better.

What was I thinking.

I meant loaves of bread.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 5, 2012 23:00

Most pre 1999 tracks are all available in their raw form spread out across the boot spectrum. Just off the top of my head, Still Life is available on Jersey Devil, Hampton, Chicago 1981....Flashpoint comes from Wembley and Atlantic City plus some others.

Love You Live is from several nice sounding 1976 boots, mostly Paris. All 4 songs from El Mo around.... and Ya Yas is widely circulating in its entirety.

Live Licks and No Security are tougher to nail down.

Date: August 5, 2012 23:15

Munichhilton
Most pre 1999 tracks are all available in their raw form spread out across the boot spectrum. Just off the top of my head, Still Life is available on Jersey Devil, Hampton, Chicago 1981....Flashpoint comes from Wembley and Atlantic City plus some others.

Love You Live is from several nice sounding 1976 boots, mostly Paris. All 4 songs from El Mo around.... and Ya Yas is widely circulating in its entirety.

Live Licks and No Security are tougher to nail down.

what are you implying here? the stones never have and never will do overdubs; they don't know how to. there are no overdubs; that's just vulgar

Posted by: kait ()
Date: August 5, 2012 23:51

NO SECURITY

2."You Got Me Rocking" – 3:26 (Amsterdam Arena, July 6, 1998)
3."Gimme Shelter" – 6:22 (MTV 10 Spot October 25, 1997)
4."Flip the Switch" – 4:12 (Amsterdam Arena, July 1, 1998)
5."Memory Motel" – 6:05 (Amsterdam Arena, July 5, 1998)
6."Corinna" (Taj Mahal/Jesse Ed Davis) – 4:17 (TWA Dome, St-Louis, MO, December 12, 1997)
7."Saint of Me" – 5:25 (River Plate Stadium Buenos Aires, April 4, 1998)
8."Waiting on a Friend" – 5:02 (TWA Dome, St-Louis, MO, December 12, 1997)
9."Sister Morphine" (Jagger/Richards/Marianne Faithfull) – 6:16 (Amsterdam Arena, July 6, 1998)
10."Live with Me" – 3:54 (Amsterdam Arena, July 1, 1998)
11."Respectable" – 3:35 (Amsterdam Arena, July 5, 1998)
12."Thief in the Night" (Jagger/Richards/Pierre de Beauport) – 5:37 (Zeppelinfeld Nuremberg June 13, 1998)
13."The Last Time" – 4:47 (TWA Dome, St-Louis, MO, December 12, 1997)
14."Out of Control" – 7:59 (River Plate Stadium Buenos Aires, April 4, 1998)
Japanese edition bonus track
12."I Just Want to Make Love to You" (Willie Dixon) – 5:19 (Amsterdam Arena July 1, 1998)

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 6, 2012 00:21

Actually I think No Security and Stripped each have very little, if any overdubs. Ya-Yas, Love You Love, Still Life, Flashpoint and Lick Licks on the other hand...

(Got Live (US 66) is barely worth even talking about. totally unlistenable after Under My Thumb.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: August 6, 2012 00:22

jamesfdouglas
Actually I think No Security and Stripped each have very little, if any overdubs. Ya-Yas, Love You Love, Still Life, Flashpoint and Lick Licks on the other hand...

(Got Live (US 66) is barely worth even talking about. totally unlistenable after Under My Thumb.

The Licks Live overdub on Neighbours is painfully obvious. How come...what...why?

Date: August 6, 2012 01:04

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
jamesfdouglas

The Licks Live overdub on Neighbours is painfully obvious. How come...what...why?

nobody listens to this album anyway. so it really doesn't count.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 6, 2012 01:07

jamesfdouglas

Keith spent the 3 days before the Paris show in July 1998 doing overdubs in a studio there for No Security. There are quite a few overdubs on the album.

Date: August 6, 2012 01:11

Gazza
jamesfdouglas

Keith spent the 3 days before the Paris show in July 1998 doing overdubs in a studio there for No Security. There are quite a few overdubs on the album.

no. because that would mean the stones do overdubs; and they don't.

Date: August 6, 2012 10:05

jamesfdouglas

There are a few very noticable overdubs on NS. Keith's acoustic guitar on Waiting On A Friend comes to mind (replacing Mick's guitar).

Date: August 6, 2012 10:06

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Have any of the live album tracks ever been available on bootleg without overdubs/before they overdubbed on them? Is there a live boot dedicated to such a thing? It may be impossible to do for all I know but it would make a great listening.

Well, on the Hampton release, there are a few songs that turned up on Still Life earlier.

On LSTNT the third and fourth guitar in the bridge (featured on Still Life) are removed as far as I can tell...

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: August 6, 2012 16:08

There is a version of Jumping Jack Flash from YaYas with a over-dubbed solo from Keith. It was discarded. Not bad just did not fit. There is a site somewhere on the net that breaks down GYYYO. Very interesting. I will see If I can find it.

Date: August 6, 2012 16:09

deeppurple
There is a version of Jumping Jack Flash from YaYas with a over-dubbed solo from Keith. It was discarded. Not bad just did not fit. There is a site somewhere on the net that breaks down GYYYO. Very interesting. I will see If I can find it.

I've seen that page, but never heard the JJF w Keith's solo.

Date: August 6, 2012 17:45

DandelionPowderman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Well, on the Hampton release, there are a few songs that turned up on Still Life earlier.

On LSTNT the third and fourth guitar in the bridge (featured on Still Life) are removed as far as I can tell...

I know there was a third guitar added, it's obvious, but for years I had no idea the ending was from a different show! How strange.

Date: August 6, 2012 17:46

DandelionPowderman
jamesfdouglas

There are a few very noticable overdubs on NS. Keith's acoustic guitar on Waiting On A Friend comes to mind (replacing Mick's guitar).

I recorded that from the radio and when the live album appeared it seemed untouched to me.

Date: August 6, 2012 17:56

StonesTod
Gazza
jamesfdouglas

no. because that would mean the stones do overdubs; and they don't.

Some of those overdubs were so bad, I took the liberty of redubbing them over the raw tracks.

Date: August 6, 2012 18:04

kait
NO SECURITY

6."Corinna" (Taj Mahal/Jesse Ed Davis) – 4:17 (TWA Dome, St-Louis, MO, December 12, 1997)
9."Sister Morphine" (Jagger/Richards/Marianne Faithfull) – 6:16 (Amsterdam Arena, July 6, 1998)
12."Thief in the Night" (Jagger/Richards/Pierre de Beauport) – 5:37 (Zeppelinfeld Nuremberg June 13, 1998)
12."I Just Want to Make Love to You" (Willie Dixon) – 5:19 (Amsterdam Arena July 1, 1998)

Lots of this doesn't circulate as raw desk tapes though.

Posted by: folke ()
Date: August 6, 2012 20:56

Some of the vocals on Get yer ya-ya's out are overdubbed.

www.rollingstonesnet.com/yaya.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-06 20:57 by folke.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 6, 2012 21:13

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
DandelionPowderman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

I know there was a third guitar added, it's obvious, but for years I had no idea the ending was from a different show! How strange.

Not a different show, just edited.

Mathijs

Posted by: kait ()
Date: August 6, 2012 21:30

Munichhilton
kait
NO SECURITY

Lots of this doesn't circulate as raw desk tapes though.

the original poster didn't ask for raw desk tapes,
the shows, except (afaik) buenos aires, are all out on bootlegs

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 7, 2012 08:53

Overdubs on "No Security"? Really? Why bother?

Date: August 7, 2012 10:19

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
DandelionPowderman
jamesfdouglas

I recorded that from the radio and when the live album appeared it seemed untouched to me.

Listen to the St. Louis show (or watch the dvd). Then turn on Waiting On A Friend from No Security. Classic Keith acoustic.

Date: August 7, 2012 15:46

71Tele
Overdubs on "No Security"? Really? Why bother?

well heck. it was worth a try

Date: August 7, 2012 16:02

Dandelion Powerman. I have the JJF with the Keith's solo over-dub. I added to a CDR. I will have to track it down. I have at least 1K in CDs that includes CDRs.Too many. Never ready can listen to them but, once. Of course, it is the Stones, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, The Who etc; I think I got it here from the "Hot Stuff" Section.

Date: August 7, 2012 16:06

Dandelion Powerman,
Go over to the thread. "No guitar over-dubs on Ya-Ya" mathijs talks about the over dub on JJF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-07 16:07 by deeppurple.

Date: August 7, 2012 16:15

deeppurple
Dandelion Powerman. I have the JJF with the Keith's solo over-dub. I added to a CDR. I will have to track it down. I have at least 1K in CDs that includes CDRs.Too many. Never ready can listen to them but, once. Of course, it is the Stones, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, The Who etc; I think I got it here from the "Hot Stuff" Section.

Yeah, I've heard about the overdub. However, I haven't heard it myself yet smiling smiley

Date: August 9, 2012 01:19

Mathijs
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
DandelionPowderman
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Not a different show, just edited.

Mathijs

That's one hell of a edit then!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: August 9, 2012 01:26

The Four Flicks dvd has the original Twickenham performance of Street fighting Man before Mick overdubbed a new lead vocal for the Live Licks album.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1485
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home