Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

checkerboard and texas vinyl
Date: August 3, 2012 02:08

stones vinyl incoming. Checkerboard lounge and some girls live in Texas can be pre.ordered on amazon.uk.

Re: checkerboard and texas vinyl
Date: August 3, 2012 02:33

Nice. Thank you Bostonstranglerno9

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 3, 2012 02:55

ROCKMAN

Date: August 3, 2012 03:02

wow im gonna get these

Date: August 3, 2012 03:03

Rockman

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 18, 2012 14:53

Vinyl tracklisting for Checkerboard Lounge :

Side A: 1) Sweet Little Angel 2) Flip Flop And Fly 3) Introduction 4) You Don't Have To Go 5) Country Boy

Side B: 1) Baby Please Don't Go 2) Hoochie Coochie Man 3) Long Distance Call

Side C: 1) Mannish Boy 2) Got My Mojo Workin 3) Next Time You See Me

Side D: 1) One Eyed Woman 2) Baby Please Don't Go (instrumental) 3) Clouds In My Heart 4) Champagne And Reefer

source : amazon.com

Vinyl tracklisting for Some Girls in Texas :

Side A: 1) Let It Rock 2) All Down The Line 3) Honky Tonk Women 4) Star Star 5) When The Whip Comes Down

Side B: 1) Beast Of Burden 2) Miss You 3) Imagination 4) Shattered

Side C: 1) Respectable 2) Far Away Eyes 3) Love In Vain 4) Tumbling Dice

Side D: 1) Happy 2) Sweet Little Sixteen 3) Brown Sugar 4) Jumpin Jack Flash

source : amazon.com

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 18, 2012 16:21

i'm just gonna do the normal, free illegal download....

Date: August 18, 2012 16:26

StonesTod

vinyl free illegal download ?

Date: August 18, 2012 16:31

kowalski
StonesTod

you got a prob widdat?

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: August 19, 2012 03:25

StonesTod
kowalski
StonesTod

you got a prob widdat?

I do.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: August 19, 2012 06:02

I brought this up on a different thread (see below) a couple of weeks ago. Nice to see others are interested.

Re: Live At The Checkerboard Lounge DVD & CD on preorder

Posted by: Roscoe ()

Date: July 30, 2012 22:14

There is an online vinyl retailer called Soundstage Direct that is taking pre-orders for two-LP + DVD versions of Checkerboard Lounge, and Live in Texas '78 for release on September 11. Anybody know anything about these? A straight transfer of the digital masters? Any thoughts or insight? Thanks.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: August 19, 2012 06:14

The texas78 vinyl should be awesome , I have bridges to bab and voodoo lounge and stripped on vinyl, I think they sound great

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: August 19, 2012 13:49

GOO
The texas78 vinyl should be awesome , I have bridges to bab and voodoo lounge and stripped on vinyl, I think they sound great

BTB, VL, Stripped : Digital recordings released on vinyl means digital sound with vinyl crackles.

Tewas 78 : if Clearmountain have mixed the original multitrack tapes with an analog mixing board and an analog 2 tracks tape recorder, that's OK, then if the 2 tracks tape have beeen mastered with analog equipment on a 2 tracks analog tape, that's OK. If only one step is digital, the sound is digital, and there is no reason for a vinyl release.

The last analog release by the RS is Dirty Work, I think.

Date: August 19, 2012 17:02

LiveAtHidepark
GOO

BTB, VL, Stripped : Digital recordings released on vinyl means digital sound with vinyl crackles.

But with sound less compressed than on a pure digital release (CD or online release).
Good example of a vinyl made from digital recording and sounding way better than the CD is Stripped.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 19, 2012 17:15

Rialb
StonesTod
kowalski
StonesTod

you got a prob widdat?

I do.

Who needs the quickie mart...

Date: August 19, 2012 17:20

Munichhilton
Rialb
StonesTod
kowalski
StonesTod

you got a prob widdat?

I do.

Who needs the quickie mart...

keystone still locked up for 2.5 more hours....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 19, 2012 18:28

Dammit

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: August 19, 2012 18:50

LiveAtHidepark
GOO

Tewas 78 : if Clearmountain have mixed the original multitrack tapes with an analog mixing board and an analog 2 tracks tape recorder, that's OK, then if the 2 tracks tape have beeen mastered with analog equipment on a 2 tracks analog tape, that's OK. If only one step is digital, the sound is digital, and there is no reason for a vinyl release.

The last analog release by the RS is Dirty Work, I think.

He's totally right.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: August 19, 2012 18:52

kowalski
LiveAtHidepark
GOO

But with sound less compressed than on a pure digital release (CD or online release).
Good example of a vinyl made from digital recording and sounding way better than the CD is Stripped.

Kowalsky, I have a great respect for your knowledge about sound. I always read carefully everything you write about sound. I didn't thought there was a mastering for CD release and a different one for vinyl release.

So I will listen to the vinyl release of Stripped. To be honest I have bought it, but never played it. It's still mint. Even the CD, I never listen to.

Date: August 19, 2012 19:03

LiveAtHidepark
kowalski
LiveAtHidepark
GOO

Kowalsky, I have a great respect for your knowledge about sound. I always read carefully everything you write about sound.

the man gives sound advice

Date: August 19, 2012 20:16

LiveAtHidepark
kowalski
LiveAtHidepark
GOO

Kowalsky, I have a great respect for your knowledge about sound. I always read carefully everything you write about sound. I didn't thought there was a mastering for CD release and a different one for vinyl release.

So I will listen to the vinyl release of Stripped. To be honest I have bought it, but never played it. It's still mint. Even the CD, I never listen to.

This is a great album actually. Stones revisiting their old songs with acoustic guitars. I like the feeling on this one. Vinyl sounds definitely better than the CD which lacks of nuances and sounds too flat. On the vinyl you can actually hear the band playing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2405
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home