Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Tour announcement
Posted by: rogue ()
Date: July 21, 2012 16:52

jazzbass
I can't comment on Keith's health, but in the Vogue shoot, he looks way chill and loving retirement. I wouldn't blame him a bit if he just isn't into playing anymore.

Yes, they all look very happy and why not they've all been through a lot together.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 22, 2012 01:35

rogue

I was only sharing what I have been told. If you read my post you will see that I stated my source gave two factors for there not being a tour. The reason behind his belief that if there would be any shows at all and they would be in the UK was not given when pressed. Wyman was never mentioned. I was speculating on my own that Bill Wyman's involvement might be a reason.

You may think what you want. Incredulous or not.

However, if you know something different from what I originally posted about the factors being the promotor issues and Keith's health, or anything else you feel is real and credible, then perhaps you will share it with the board at large.

Wasn't taking a pot-shot at you, rogue - even if it looked a bit like that. I just dont think that Wyman playing with them is a factor on whether they tour or not.

IF I was told anything about Keith's health that was of great significance (and I havent been), then posting it publicly on a message board which is also used by tabloids and music magazines as a 'source' for their stories is the last thing I'd be doing.

There are some things about these people that we DON'T have a right to know about.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: July 22, 2012 01:49

Gazza

There are some things about these people that we DON'T have a right to know about.

Agreed.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: July 22, 2012 06:30

Is playing extended stays really that much easier than touring?

I mean, how difficult is travelling really when you travel the way they do?

They skip all the BS and the tedious parts that fray the nerves of all the rest of us.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 22, 2012 06:35

KeefintheNight82

They skip all the BS and the tedious parts that fray the nerves of all the rest of us.

If you watch Roger Waters recent 60 minutes interview, he talks about how not hard it is to travel like a rock star. You step onto a luxurious private plane for a couple of hours, are driven to a luxurious hotel to relax, do a sound check, and then two hours of work. The horror, the horror! That's why I get annoyed by that Wanted Dead or Alive song by Bon Jovi - its a good tune, but it sound so annoyingly whiney.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: July 22, 2012 06:51

Send It To me
That's why I get annoyed by that Wanted Dead or Alive song by Bon Jovi - its a good tune, but it sound so annoyingly whiney.

Yes! I get the same annoyance from Bob Seger's "Turn the Page". Good song, but I'm not sure what he's whining about. I'll give him the 'pouring your sweat out on stage' bit, but that's it.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 22, 2012 06:58

KeefintheNight82

Or maybe they're just TIRED of that lifestyle? It doesn't have to be gruesome to be fed up with it.

Extended stays: significantly less shows than a full blown tour.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 22, 2012 07:39

carlorossi
Send It To me
That's why I get annoyed by that Wanted Dead or Alive song by Bon Jovi - its a good tune, but it sound so annoyingly whiney.

Yes! I get the same annoyance from Bob Seger's "Turn the Page". Good song, but I'm not sure what he's whining about. I'll give him the 'pouring your sweat out on stage' bit, but that's it.

Alway hated that Seger song. Tough life, Bob.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 22, 2012 09:45

71Tele
carlorossi
Send It To me

Alway hated that Seger song. Tough life, Bob.

What about walking into the crappy roadside diners to the tune of "Is that a woman or a man/you pretend it does not bother you/you don't dare take a stand"?

Perhaps a good thread idea would be to discuss all the least favorite road songs--but wasn't A Hard Day's Night the first road song? And weren't they complaining in that song too? About how they wooorrrrk all day just to get you money to buy you things, and that they've been working like a dog and all that? Those whiny pampered stars and their whiny complaints...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-22 10:04 by stonesnow.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 22, 2012 10:54

Gazza

Absolutely true

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1594
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home