Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Tour announcement
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 20, 2012 15:00

This way they can have Bill and Mick T at all (few) concerts. Wonder the venues would be very small.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: July 20, 2012 15:51

rogue
New information related to me late last night about the Stones.

No tour.

There may be a few shows performed in the UK only. Dependent on two key factors. One, tour promotor selection. Two, Keith's health. I could not get specifics on what "Keith's health" actually meant. Source did not want to give further details. The promotor issue has been well documented here on IORR and in news media.

Source commented shows, if they occur, are about the band's legacy and not making millions on a world tour. Also said tickets won't be cheap but the limited number of shows would justify high price.

The person I spoke with was not very confident about any shows and pointed to Charlie's comments in the last week as an indication that it will just be books, DVD releases and cocktail parties from now on.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 20, 2012 16:24

rogue

No tour.

There may be a few shows performed in the UK only. Dependent on two key factors. One, tour promotor selection. Two, Keith's health.

So these vague Keith's health/tour promoter issues are enough to rule out a tour but not significant enough to rule out a series of concerts in the UK? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 20, 2012 16:32

Gazza
enough to rule out a tour but not significant enough to rule out a series of concerts in the UK?

Makes perfect sense to me.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 20, 2012 16:33

Gazza
rogue

No tour.

There may be a few shows performed in the UK only. Dependent on two key factors. One, tour promotor selection. Two, Keith's health.

So these vague Keith's health/tour promoter issues are enough to rule out a tour but not significant enough to rule out a series of concerts in the UK? eye rolling smiley

Don't forget Keith and Ron's childish need to play different songs at the same time. They think its hilarious but its driving Chuck mad!!

Date: July 20, 2012 16:49

Gazza
rogue

No tour.

It is what it is. I can't argue the issues. I am just passing along information that I deem personally credible given the source.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 20, 2012 16:53

is this info reliable, or from a friend from a friend from a friend
Not being critical, just wondering whats real
jeroen

Date: July 20, 2012 16:54

GumbootCloggeroo
Deltics
mickscarey will let us know when the deal is done.
according to him, the deal has been done for at least 2 years now. It's so great to have a member of the inner circle amongst us!

And one that likes hotles! But are you sure it's not more than 2 years? I was thinking 3. Maybe even... 4.

Date: July 20, 2012 16:55

beepee2
Gazza
enough to rule out a tour but not significant enough to rule out a series of concerts in the UK?

Makes perfect sense to me.

No. My point is why would it limit it to just the UK, unless it was a 'travelling' issue.

Date: July 20, 2012 16:58

corriecas
jeroen

This person is close personal friend. Has attended Stones shows with me and has direct knowledge of some of the issues related to the promoter problems.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 20, 2012 17:15

rogue
corriecas
jeroen

This person is close personal friend. Has attended Stones shows with me and has direct knowledge of some of the issues related to the promoter problems.

Thanks for sharing rogue. The fact that MJ has now alluded to shows this year had me more optimistic, but your vision of events is certainly possible.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 20, 2012 17:46

If it's only a very small number of (UK) shows why would the promoter issues be a problem ? Ring Harvey Goldsmith FFS !

If it's an issue with Keith travelling,then why the UK ? He lives in the states.

sc uk

Date: July 20, 2012 17:53

straycatuk
If it's only a very small number of (UK) shows why would the promoter issues be a problem ? Ring Harvey Goldsmith FFS !

If it's an issue with Keith travelling,then why the UK ? He lives in the states.

sc uk

Travelling was never mentioned to me or stated in my post as a factor.
Why only the UK for possible shows? I don't know specifically but one could surmise that if they want Bill to play with them then that would be the reason.

I was told not to hold my breath or wait to make vacation plans hoping that they would tour.

Date: July 20, 2012 17:56

I do worry about a limited number of shows with high prices . The legacy could end up about fat bankers sat on the front rows, munching burgers and talking business on mobiles for 2 hrs ................AGAIN .angry smiley

SC UK

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 20, 2012 17:59

Bill was always great at anchoring the rhythm section on bass, but anchoring the entire Rolling Stones organization to 1 geographical area?

Now that's impressive.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 20, 2012 18:13

Gazza

No. My point is why would it limit it to just the UK, unless it was a 'travelling' issue.

Just from the logistical point of view it's completely different, you don't need god knows how many trucs and planes and millions of pounds just to move the stage / staff around, which may make a difference from the contractual perspective.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 20, 2012 18:16

Munichhilton
Bill was always great at anchoring the rhythm section on bass, but anchoring the entire Rolling Stones organization to 1 geographical area?

Now that's impressive.

and isn't it ironic (or something) that after decades of retirement from the stones, billy is now calling the shots? you gotta love that.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 20, 2012 18:28

Gazza
rogue

No tour.

To be honest, I've long had doubts as to whether they're even interested in another tour. Hence I'm hardly surprised to hear this. Whether or not rogue's source is credible, whether or not what he/she says is nonsense, all I'm saying is that as a piece of news per se, I'm not surprised to hear it. It fits, at least I think it fits.

I actually would therefore not be in the least bit surprised if they do indeed end their long and glorious run with a handful of shows in the UK, perhaps with appearances by Wyman and Taylor, and then it's a wrap .... as they say !!

And would I mind ? Nope, not in the slightest. I brace myself for absurd ticket prices of course, but I would simply take a deep breath, flinch, and invariably end up paying. If on the other hand they actually do end up doing something resembling a tour, I'd probably be less inclined to cough up whatever it took to get into the shows .... sad to say. I'd still try and see as many as possible though.

Qui sera sera ...........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: July 20, 2012 18:44

So far it's just talk - and probably acurately, very little of it by the Stones. No tour has been announced, Mick is acting like someone that commits to nothing - and really, why should he - and Keith, well, the dude is just hanging around for the ride it seems.

No tour and no shows this summer. Nobody knows about fall until there is something official. And next year, ha ha. That's next year.

Date: July 20, 2012 18:54

Even if there's nothing they manage to built the suspense. Must be the 50 years practice !

Damm it ! I've been looking at New York trips. I've f**king jinxed it confused smiley

Date: July 20, 2012 19:02

paulywaul
Gazza
rogue

No tour.

It is que sera sera, what will be, will be
jeroen

To be honest, I've long had doubts as to whether they're even interested in another tour. Hence I'm hardly surprised to hear this. Whether or not rogue's source is credible, whether or not what he/she says is nonsense, all I'm saying is that as a piece of news per se, I'm not surprised to hear it. It fits, at least I think it fits.

I actually would therefore not be in the least bit surprised if they do indeed end their long and glorious run with a handful of shows in the UK, perhaps with appearances by Wyman and Taylor, and then it's a wrap .... as they say !!

And would I mind ? Nope, not in the slightest. I brace myself for absurd ticket prices of course, but I would simply take a deep breath, flinch, and invariably end up paying. If on the other hand they actually do end up doing something resembling a tour, I'd probably be less inclined to cough up whatever it took to get into the shows .... sad to say. I'd still try and see as many as possible though.

Qui sera sera ...........

Date: July 20, 2012 19:02

que sera sera it is
jeroen

Date: July 20, 2012 22:32

This was a good one:

Date: July 20, 2012 22:36

Michael Cohl enjoys this one:

Date: July 20, 2012 22:44

That question about them not sleeping with anyone else other than their wives was about the tour they were about to start obviously because Mick had already had his fun while in New Orleans...

Date: July 20, 2012 22:46

"Are you doing autographs for the press?" Mick asks Charlie! HA HA!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 20, 2012 22:48

rogue

No tour.

There may be a few shows performed in the UK only. Dependent on two key factors. One, tour promotor selection. Two, Keith's health. I could not get specifics on what "Keith's health" actually meant.

Maybe this will help.

So, as long as he smokes and drinks plenty of "fluids" he'll be up for a run of shows. If he can make the cover of Men's Health, he can make it to the stage for a cover of Chuck Berry.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-20 23:02 by stonesnow.

Date: July 21, 2012 05:36

rogue
straycatuk

sc uk

Why only the UK for possible shows? I don't know specifically but one could surmise that if they want Bill to play with them then that would be the reason.

There's no way on earth that the Rolling Stones are basing a decision on whether to tour or not (or where they will or wont play) primarily on whether Bill Wyman will be available. Sorry, but that scenario is simply laughable. Besides, he's not just limited to playing the UK anyway. He tours in northern Europe regularly.

The notion that the Stones would pass on making millions of dollars per show in their main market (the US) because of the non-availability of someone who left the band 20 years ago and whose inclusion would have a minimal impact on ticket sales is incredulous.

Date: July 21, 2012 05:58

sc uk[/quote]
[/quote]
There's no way on earth that the Rolling Stones are basing a decision on whether to tour or not (or where they will or wont play) primarily on whether Bill Wyman will be available. Sorry, but that scenario is simply laughable. Besides, he's not just limited to playing the UK anyway. He tours in northern Europe regularly.
The notion that the Stones would pass on making millions of dollars per show in their main market (the US) because of the non-availability of someone who left the band 20 years ago and whose inclusion would have a minimal impact on ticket sales is incredulous.[/quote]

I was only sharing what I have been told. If you read my post you will see that I stated my source gave two factors for there not being a tour. The reason behind his belief that if there would be any shows at all and they would be in the UK was not given when pressed. Wyman was never mentioned. I was speculating on my own that Bill Wyman's involvement might be a reason.

You may think what you want. Incredulous or not.

However, if you know something different from what I originally posted about the factors being the promotor issues and Keith's health, or anything else you feel is real and credible, then perhaps you will share it with the board at large.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 21, 2012 08:59

I can't comment on Keith's health, but in the Vogue shoot, he looks way chill and loving retirement. I wouldn't blame him a bit if he just isn't into playing anymore.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home