Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Is that it then?
Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:32

So..

No tour announcement.
A private party with obligatory photo shoot for tomorrow's papers.
Anyone feeling slightly deflated??

Re: Is that it then?

vertigojoe
So..

No tour announcement.

Wait for the announcement (reg. RonnieĀ“s statement).

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()

No, I feel good smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:33

Very very deflated.

The sum total of Llareggub.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:33

You can't always get what you want ...

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:34

Champagne for a bunch of made-in-Chelsea, red carpet pictures and limousine back to the hotel, i'm afraid that's it indeed. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:34

I'd love to believe Ronnie, but i'm finding this hard lately.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:35

Indeed, I could do with a beer. Though I'm not really waiting for inflation.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:36

vertigojoe
So..

No tour announcement.

No. Never expected anything more than a photo call today.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:42

I think, last year, Jagger said that people would be sick of the Stones once they had put together what they had in mind for the 50th.

What did they have in mind ? Nothing, a Muddy Waters concert from when Muddy was past his best, having sacked the Bob Margolin band, a concert from 1990 at Tokyo Arena solely available on digital download, and the rest is silence.

I just feel the exaggerated hype has given us nothing: I have checked Amazon, and it looks as if there are no new releases, no deluxe reissues, just nothing. There's been no limited edition cds of the Stonesarchive bootlegs, just zero.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 13, 2012 00:29

Awww, it's all good. They are still kicking, they all looked great. I think from all the quotes we'll see some other things from them in the next year. I for one, was happy just to see them all together, didn't expect much else. They are still alive and so am I, so I'm going to have another margarita and listen to some more Stones before I head out to see Buddy Guy and John Mayall tonight!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 13, 2012 00:47

tomcasagranda
I think, last year, Jagger said that people would be sick of the Stones once they had put together what they had in mind for the 50th.

What did they have in mind ? Nothing, a Muddy Waters concert from when Muddy was past his best, having sacked the Bob Margolin band, a concert from 1990 at Tokyo Arena solely available on digital download, and the rest is silence.

I just feel the exaggerated hype has given us nothing: I have checked Amazon, and it looks as if there are no new releases, no deluxe reissues, just nothing. There's been no limited edition cds of the Stonesarchive bootlegs, just zero.

Mick meant over the next year.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 13, 2012 00:49

Why anyone thought there'd be anything more than a photoshoot was only waiting to be dissapointed. There was no stage set up, no sound system or huge space for a big crowd to gather...what was Mick going to do...shout?

"Hello all, we wanted to birng you here to announce---"

"Can't hear ya, mate!"

"Right, sorry. We wanted to announce that in celebration of our fiftieth anniversary we are going to perform fifty---"

"Speak up, will ya Sir Mick!! Can't it hear it in the back!"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 13, 2012 00:52

.....something'll happen ... Stones have always done their way ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:02

Justin
There was no stage set up, no sound system or huge space for a big crowd to gather

wrong

Posted by: maxx ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:26

Lady Jayne
You can't always get what you want ...

Be patient what you want is just round the corner I feel it in my bones.....

But then I always was an optimistic bitch smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:43

What I was really waiting for today was the Watchman unveiling.

a no-show.

Now THAT was really disappointing!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:53

another incredible day to be a stones fan.

well, would you believe another day to be one?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:53

tomcasagranda

He said that by the end of 2012 people would be sick of the Stones.

Not on 12th July.

Date: July 13, 2012 01:54

Gazza
tomcasagranda

Not on 12th July.

Weird...then why am I feeling sick of them today I wonder?

Date: July 13, 2012 01:56

StonesTod

Well, I for one am still gonna go home, put on my tongue shirt, pour myself a beer in the Voodoo Lounge plastic beer cup that I've kept, and crank "Dance Little Sister".

It was a mediocre day, gotta celebrate with a mediocre song.

Date: July 13, 2012 01:57

Gazza
tomcasagranda

Not on 12th July.

but, counsel: he never specifically pointed out that people wouldn't be sick of them on july 12.

Date: July 13, 2012 01:58

treaclefingers
StonesTod

Well, I for one am still gonna go home, put on my tongue shirt, pour myself a beer in the Voodoo Lounge plastic beer cup that I've kept, and crank "Dance Little Sister".

mixing woody-era stones with taylor-era stones? good luck with THAT hangover....

Date: July 13, 2012 02:02

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod

mixing woody-era stones with taylor-era stones? good luck with THAT hangover....

If said rumours are to be believed, I'd say that was an excellent way in learning to cope with music from the pending tour/gig.

Date: July 13, 2012 02:08

if you don't like the current rumors, start some of your own...

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: July 13, 2012 02:18

treaclefingers
What I was really waiting for today was the Watchman unveiling.

a no-show.

Now THAT was really disappointing!

Perhaps the Mayans were right.

First sign, "The Sons of the Beatles"/ "Beatles Family" idea suffers an embryonic obliteration and then The Stones appear to be going out in the blaze of a soggy match stick.

Hard Times I tell ya....

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 13, 2012 02:24

Gazza
vertigojoe
So..

No tour announcement.

I'm with Gazza on this.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 13, 2012 02:36

Hmm.. are these expectations - and the following disappointments - a bit unfair? I mean, it is their birthday, their Big Day, and people are like expecting them to give us something - performing, making an announcement of tour or something. I think it is rather fair that they can enjoy their big day by just celebrating: having a coctail party with their friends, ex-colleages, etc. and just chatting of the old days, rising glasses, etc. A photo call was a nice gesture for the press, fans, etc. The time to do some serious work - the things we are expecting - better be done is some other day. I think we have had quite a lot signals that they might have something more serious in their mind, of which we probably will hear quite soon more. But yesterday was just a party.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-13 02:37 by Doxa.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: July 13, 2012 02:45

As fans, if we exercise Patience on the next steps part, these guys have NEVER disappointed me.

Doxa is right, it's their day and let's hope it goes well into the night with all of them together and by gge end of the night, hopefully Mick has gotten closer physically to Keith than he was in the photos today.

Date: July 13, 2012 05:13

Beast
Gazza
vertigojoe
So..

No tour announcement.

I'm with Gazza on this.

stop being a suck.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1034
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home