Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: So .. how did you celebrate the big day?
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 13, 2012 01:01

DandelionPowderman
Between The Buttons (US) on now. Putting on Some Girls Live In Texas DVD soon thumbs up

Great idea DP, maybe I'll pull mine out later. I listened to a lot of Stones CD's today, also posted some Stones videos from different eras on Facebook for friends, and now I am getting ready to go out to see Buddy Guy and John Mayhall at Wolftrap tonight. I am hoping they will mention the Stones and maybe even play one of their songs. All in all, a good day that's not over yet!

Date: July 13, 2012 01:27

latebloomer
DandelionPowderman
Between The Buttons (US) on now. Putting on Some Girls Live In Texas DVD soon thumbs up

Great idea DP, maybe I'll pull mine out later. I listened to a lot of Stones CD's today, also posted some Stones videos from different eras on Facebook for friends, and now I am getting ready to go out to see Buddy Guy and John Mayhall at Wolftrap tonight. I am hoping they will mention the Stones and maybe even play one of their songs. All in all, a good day that's not over yet!

Have a great show! smileys with beer

Date: July 13, 2012 09:44

I have been playing Stones albums every day starting with the early London albums since July 1 - it's an all month celebration for me - so much music to play and the bootlegs too

Today I am playing '40 Licks' - listening to the first few albums gives me a real appreciation of how good they really were even in the early 60s.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: July 13, 2012 09:49

I played Little Red Rooster and Honky Tonk Women at our local jam session.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:59

I sported my Bridges to Babylon tour t-shirt all day. Spotted a guy in my city wearing a Stones t-shirt too - he didn't see me but that made me feel good!. Got home and blasted Ya-Ya's real loud while having some drinks and smoke. Watched the news in hope of some news coverage but didn't happen. Oh well, I enjoyed myself.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 14:55

Played stripped when i got home and then had a large glass of white burgandy, even the mrs particiapated in a glass.

Its going to be a stones weekend, texas is going on when i finish work in the next hour.smileys with beer

Have a good stones weekend!!!hot smileysmileys with beereye rolling smiley

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: July 13, 2012 17:19

Started celebrating a little too early and spent yesterday trying to cure the hangover from hell. However, with enough Stones on my stereo & some healing elixirs, I rallied. I wore my STP t-shirt and listened to Exile, Sticky, Let it bleed, Ya-Yas, b2b, Hot Rocks, black & blue, a couple of cuts from voodoo.
Cheers!drinking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2012 17:22

Handova
I sported my Bridges to Babylon tour t-shirt all day. Spotted a guy in my city wearing a Stones t-shirt too - he didn't see me but that made me feel good!. Got home and blasted Ya-Ya's real loud while having some drinks and smoke. Watched the news in hope of some news coverage but didn't happen. Oh well, I enjoyed myself.

Where you from Handova? I couldn't get away from news stories on the 50th yesterday. I must have seen 50!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 13, 2012 17:57

Re: So .. how did you celebrate the big day ?

Met friend, adjourned to bar/restaurant, took table in front of stage, ate food, drank drink, and jumped up and down to Rolling Stones music courtesy of the Counterfeit Stones for about two hours.

O yes .... and woke up on Friday 13th with hangover !! Ugh gasp !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: July 13, 2012 18:05

treaclefingers

Where you from Handova? I couldn't get away from news stories on the 50th yesterday. I must have seen 50!

From Bilbao, in the north of Spain. This morning they actually talked about the Stones in the news, but only showed archive footage. Oh well...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 13, 2012 18:06

fyp933
I'll be playing all live recordings on my radio show this evening
For Your Pleasure 18:00 - 20:00 hrs eastern CFMU FM 93.3 [cfmu.mcmaster.ca]

Great! My own radioshow went on air on July 6th.
2 hours of live recordings as well.

It will be repeated TOMORROW!
20.00-22.00!
[www.okwestkueste.de]

Livestream here:

[www.okwestkueste.de]

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 13, 2012 18:56

Handova
treaclefingers

From Bilbao, in the north of Spain. This morning they actually talked about the Stones in the news, but only showed archive footage. Oh well...

I hope to visit the museum there sometime soon...great wine country.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:14

I was driving with my wife to dinner in downtown Chicago towards South Halsted and absentmindedly turned East instead of West off Clark Street. Somehow I decided to right this wrong direction by using Michiagn Ave instead of State to get South and then back west. Low and behold we found ourselves in front of, you guessed it, 2120 S Michigan Ave! Fitting that my internal compass got me there on this day when I was wasn't even trying.

Even better was we arrived at the eatery where one of our daughters is a cook, as we walked by the open kitchen she said "heh dad we have been playing the Stones all day!" while prepping for the evening rush. Go figure?

As a cheap plug I heartily recommend eating at Nightwood over at 21st and Halsted as well as sampling beers down the block at the rustic Skylark tavern at 22nd street. Both solid winners when in Chicago and looking for good food and drink.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 13, 2012 19:20

Played "Carol" five times (once per decade) and wondering if listening to this bloody music for 48 years was worth ?....

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: July 13, 2012 22:01

well, i attended the bossĀ“s show in vienna

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 13, 2012 22:04

Watched early videos, listened to rarities and half of the new Tokyo show. Really got into an appearance on Ready Steady Go where they actually played a 3 song set live that ended with a wild version of Satisfaction. Brilliant.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 13, 2012 23:11

Played a gig with my trio last night. We almost played Sympathy for the Devil. The lady and I listened to Texas '78 on the way home. We watched the stadium show from four flicks (the only dics in that set which has 16x9 ratio - the rest are 4:3). Just watched finale from Ladies and Gents, now off to the beach armed with my new Tokyo '90 boot...

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2012 23:52

jamesfdouglas
Played a gig with my trio last night. We almost played Sympathy for the Devil. The lady and I listened to Texas '78 on the way home. We watched the stadium show from four flicks (the only dics in that set which has 16x9 ratio - the rest are 4:3). Just watched finale from Ladies and Gents, now off to the beach armed with my new Tokyo '90 boot...

Good lord James, you're making it a Stones Long Weekend!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 14, 2012 18:51

treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas

Good lord James, you're making it a Stones Long Weekend!

This Tokyo boot is making something funny happen to my head...

[thepowergoats.com]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1314
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home