Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Mick's Sordid Self
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 11, 2012 00:11

Hmm, it's interesting to read the different perspectives of everyone on Mick and his women. I guess being a woman myself, maybe I sympathized with Jerry too much, certainly that tidbit about how he left her right after the birth of their daughter set me off, but my own personal history probably clouded my emotions on that one. Well, it appears that was not to be believed completely, thanks to Gazza's research. Relationships are so complicated, it takes a lot of work to sustain them, especially when there are children. I think it has always been easy for Mick to run away from his personal problems straight into the arms of another women. So I guess most women to him are disposible and forgettable and given his fame and wealth, I suppose that's understandable to a certain degree. But not all celebrities behave that way and there is nothing in his upbringing to suggest he had poor role models. I think he didn't really begin to grow up until Jerry left him and his stable relationship with L'Wren, if that is indeed the case, can be attributed more to this, his belated maturity, than to L'Wren. If he had met her 10 years before I don't think it would have mattered, he would have treated her the same way he treated Jerry. But then, I am convinced most men, and women for that matter, don't really grow up until after age 45 to 50. As George Bush famously said, "when I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid."

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 11, 2012 00:28

Two 'interesting' things in the article, which, at least for me, are news:

1. Jerry Hall sleeps with women. (They seemingly had a similar hobby...)

2. Charlie Watts taught Carla Bruni to play the drums and helped Mick to get her. A good buddy.

Anyway, Jagger hasn't made the tabloid headlines for some 10 years, so they needed to remind the world of 'what a bad boy the guy 'really' is. I need to say that if Jagger one decides to write a 'tell it all' book, and to write about his experiences with the same honesty as Keith of his heroic tales with drugs that would be hot stuff.... He might call it SOME GIRLS. That would outsell Keith's book big time...>grinning smiley<

NO moral stance here. Mick is Mick. (I enjoyed reading the ethical discussion here though)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-11 00:29 by Doxa.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: July 11, 2012 00:42

Doxa
Two 'interesting' things in the article, which, at least for me, are news:

1. Jerry Hall sleeps with women. (They seemingly had a similar hobby...)
- Doxa
That also caught my attention. smiling smiley From all the discussion, you know that if he wrote an honest memoir, most of us would pore over the pages. It would be a worldwide bestseller. I don't think he's capable, and he'd probably censor profusively, but it would be a good read!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-11 00:43 by paulm.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 11, 2012 00:47

Doxa, you made me remember that in music entertainment almost any news is good news and the Stones built their reputations and considerable fortune on a controversial image.

There are 3 sides to every story, hers, his and the truth. I think Mick doesn't mind the additional media attention, however sleazy it is.

Or as my Grandma says "Oh just be glad someone is thinking of you at all today". I think a day without anyone thinking of Mick Jagger just might kill him. Not likely to happen in his lifetime thankfully. peace

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 11, 2012 01:40

Some short observations: Christopher Andersen is a gossip writer, nothing else. Why do they call a gutter magazine the "Daily News"? You might get the impression it's actually a newspaper.
Carla Bruni really has some pussy power!

About Sir Michael: In the end all this gossip will catch up on him even if he is a master at waving things aside.
Remember, he is the Queen's Knight now and can't afford to have his coat of arms stained to much.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-11 01:43 by Stoneage.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 11, 2012 02:26

Stoneage
Some short observations: Christopher Andersen is a gossip writer, nothing else. Why do they call a gutter magazine the "Daily News"? You might get the impression it's actually a newspaper.
Carla Bruni really has some pussy power!

About Sir Michael: In the end all this gossip will catch up on him even if he is a master at waving things aside.
Remember, he is the Queen's Knight now and can't afford to have his coat of arms stained to much.

I think Prince Charles has successfully lowered the bar on scandals such that MJ can pretty much get away with anything.

Date: July 11, 2012 06:36

Wow, did they actually create new a coat of arms for Jagger when he became a knight? Was the tongue logo included on it somewhere?

What an interesting job for an artist anyway. Dear.....we need 3 new coats of arms for this years ceremonies....peace

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 11, 2012 08:12

If Mick wrote a brutally honest autobiography it would be an absolute world best seller.

He DOES have a story to tell.

That has been some life (so far), perhaps one of the most genuinely interesting ever lived.

Only the real truth will do Mick.. don't even think about holding back.

For posterities sake, tell it how it really was.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-11 08:14 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: July 11, 2012 08:53

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
SomeTorontoGirl
Hmm. Is Mick the victim of women throwing themselves at him 24/7 or is he a voracious consumer of women? Is his serial infidelity a function of being away from home so much? I don't know, but I don't admire him off stage. Marsha Hunt is quoted as saying that Mick denied paternity of Karis for more than 10 years and didn't have anything to do with her (which I take to include not supporting her) until after a long court battle ( [www.dailymail.co.uk] ). He claimed he and Jerry were never married when they split, to try to minimize any settlement he'd have to pay, after 21 years together and 4 kids ( [www.guardian.co.uk] ). He got Luciana Morad pregnant while married to Hall and required a paternity test before he would discuss support. Not only do I think he's a bit of a douche bag, what kind of message does that send to his 4 daughters and his grand-daughters? He seems to think a woman's value is between her legs, and is pretty fragile at that, depending upon whether someone else comes along.

Discuss.

HA HA! What is there to discuss!!?? You just said it all! Although there may be reason for Mick to wait ten years to, er, to demand a paternity test because, well, maybe it's...

No one will ever know what Mick's "reasons" for not owning up to/supporting/etc the mothers and kids. But we do know he did what he did. Selfish is one word that comes to mind. What's even funnier is that he kept on going anyway. Guy obviously doesn't know what a condomn is!

No, we don´t. That´s the point. He did not go to Thailand right after the birth of their child. he paid Jerry what he had to pay, simple as that. Everybody in the world seems to know that a ceremony in Bali is no legal marriage, except Jerry Hall. He can not anull anything if there was no legal ground for that. According to Luciana M. herself Mick was very supportive and caring from the first moment she told him that she was pregnant. The tabloids have fun making him the most horrible man in the world ("leaving after the birth..) but not everything is true what they invent.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 11, 2012 10:24

SomeTorontoGirl
Hmm. Is Mick the victim of women throwing themselves at him 24/7 or is he a voracious consumer of women? Is his serial infidelity a function of being away from home so much? I don't know, but I don't admire him off stage. Marsha Hunt is quoted as saying that Mick denied paternity of Karis for more than 10 years and didn't have anything to do with her (which I take to include not supporting her) until after a long court battle ( [www.dailymail.co.uk] ). He claimed he and Jerry were never married when they split, to try to minimize any settlement he'd have to pay, after 21 years together and 4 kids ( [www.guardian.co.uk] ). He got Luciana Morad pregnant while married to Hall and required a paternity test before he would discuss support. Not only do I think he's a bit of a douche bag, what kind of message does that send to his 4 daughters and his grand-daughters? He seems to think a woman's value is between her legs, and is pretty fragile at that, depending upon whether someone else comes along.

Discuss.

Yes. This is where the real lack of integrity shows, rather than in the promiscuity and infidelity. And in the same category we can include the long history of exploiting and ripping off other musicians for their work.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 11, 2012 10:55

Now in the following, meant to be read only text in bold or underlined, but all of Gazza's post once again:

flacnvinyl
Did I really just read the phrase 'HOARDING someone's love'??? ...seriously?

Are we actually down to debating the merits of fidelity in marriage? Im calling BS on all of that. Every. Single. Bit. Maybe its because I'm 28 (29 on Jagger's bday, we both celebrate) and I have a kid. Maybe its because my parents raised me right and were NOT unfaithful..

I don't expect the same standards from Jagger. Anyone who has listened to his lyrics would understand where he stands, doesnt mean I agree.

Gazza
O n January 12, 1992, Jerry gave birth to seven-pound, thirteen-ounce Georgia May Ayeesha Jagger. The next morning, Mick was on a plane bound for Thailand,

Am I alone in finding the notion that this story is literally true to be extremely far-fetched?

Its not only far-fetched. Its absolutely untrue.

Mick was in Los Angeles on 16th January for the 'Freejack' premiere. He flew there on the 14th from London.

[www.timeisonourside.com]

Not that I'm in any way defending Mick's conduct, but Anderson is quite evidently just jazzing up his story to make it sound like he went to Thailand as soon as his child's umbilical cord was cut to make him out to be as big a ratbag as he possibly can.

Now, he did fly from Tokyo to Thailand on February 20 to meet Carla Bruni, which is not quite as dramatic and outrageous a story as Anderson is making out.

Still, never let a few easily checked facts get in the way of a good lie.

elunsi
Naturalust
Easily bored, never around long enough to personally pick up the pieces of failed situations and too set in his ways to ever change.
I think having daughters has mellowed him somewhat but had to smile when Jade had to ask him to bring a date at least as old as her recently.
I love the man but probably wouldn't like him much.
peace

Mick is more than just love affairs and music.
paulm, don´t forget, he has been in a relationship with L´Wren for more than 10 years now, so he IS able to develop that kind of bond. And he seems to be very happy.

latebloomer
Hmm, it's interesting to read the different perspectives of everyone on Mick and his women. I guess being a woman myself, maybe I sympathized with Jerry too much, certainly that tidbit about how he left her right after the birth of their daughter set me off, but my own personal history probably clouded my emotions on that one. Well, it appears that was not to be believed completely, thanks to Gazza's research. Relationships are so complicated, it takes a lot of work to sustain them, especially when there are children. I think it has always been easy for Mick to run away from his personal problems straight into the arms of another women. So I guess most women to him are disposible and forgettable and given his fame and wealth, I suppose that's understandable to a certain degree. But not all celebrities behave that way and there is nothing in his upbringing to suggest he had poor role models. I think he didn't really begin to grow up until Jerry left him and his stable relationship with L'Wren, if that is indeed the case, can be attributed more to this, his belated maturity, than to L'Wren. If he had met her 10 years before I don't think it would have mattered, he would have treated her the same way he treated Jerry. But then, I am convinced most men, and women for that matter, don't really grow up until after age 45 to 50. As George Bush famously said, "when I was young and stupid, I was young and stupid."

Then once again

flacnvinyl
................................... Anyone who has listened to his lyrics would understand where he stands,..................

Then I wonder, does any of Mick's song texts give any clue [[b]the made edit[/b]: that is, to any possible change]? Then comes to my mind, from "Goddess in the Doorway":

"Brand New Set Of Rules"

I will be kind won't be so cruel
I will be sweet I will be true
The pains of love you'll quickly learn
Are soon to heat and quick to burn

I got a brand new set of rules
Because I am your brand new fool
I got to learn

You'll be so proud so proud of me
You'll see the change so plain to see
Because of you a brand new start
Because of you a change of heart

It's just like I was back in school
I got to learn

I'm going to change just mark my words
You can't believe all that you heard
All of those lies all of those rumours
That your friends told you

And if I'm left upon the shelf
Cause you belong to someone else
I've got my brand new set of rules
Because I am nobody's fool

I've got a brand new set of rules
I've got to learn
I've got to learn
I've got to learn

Track information in excerpt:
Backing vocals:
Elizabeth Jagger
Georgia May Jagger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-11 15:19 by Witness.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 11, 2012 17:10

Well, I do consider myself a bit of a Jagger scholar--LOL--and I agree, if he were to write an honest autobiography, it would NOT be just about music, drugs and women..The man is a wealth of knowledge on a great many topics like birds, History, architecture, gardening/landscaping, etc...the list goes on and on..oh, and also film directing. My point is that as he got older, he was wise enough to cultivate other interests, knowing full well that he would have to have other things to do for the second half of his life.
I always said that if I were to have some quality time alone with him, I would want to spend it TALKING, having dinner perhaps and really seeing what he's like outside of the rock arena. I would want him to remember me as the woman who he actually enjoyed being with for reasons other than sex. I have read all of the stories about the few women who have gone back to his suite and listened to music, shared a bottle of wine and really SAW MICK JAGGER, at least a glimpse. I have been blessed to have met him twice, and for more than a fleeting second, and it made me more determined than ever to have that kind of visit. The third time IS the charm I'm thinking...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 11, 2012 17:12

i'm looking forward to reading the next riveting edition of the stones 50-year celebration: Mick Jagger's Rock n Roll Gardening Tips.

Date: July 11, 2012 17:13

P.S. Naturalist, you sound like a very centered individual, the kind that I could talk to about this topic seriously!( Not that there aren't others here who I could chat with as well.) Maybe one day we can do that!

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 11, 2012 18:51

mickschix
Well, I do consider myself a bit of a Jagger scholar--LOL--and I agree, if he were to write an honest autobiography, it would NOT be just about music, drugs and women..The man is a wealth of knowledge on a great many topics like birds, History, architecture, gardening/landscaping, etc...the list goes on and on..oh, and also film directing. My point is that as he got older, he was wise enough to cultivate other interests, knowing full well that he would have to have other things to do for the second half of his life.
I always said that if I were to have some quality time alone with him, I would want to spend it TALKING, having dinner perhaps and really seeing what he's like outside of the rock arena. I would want him to remember me as the woman who he actually enjoyed being with for reasons other than sex. I have read all of the stories about the few women who have gone back to his suite and listened to music, shared a bottle of wine and really SAW MICK JAGGER, at least a glimpse. I have been blessed to have met him twice, and for more than a fleeting second, and it made me more determined than ever to have that kind of visit. The third time IS the charm I'm thinking...

Chix, tell more.....

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 11, 2012 19:36

Can't wait until you all give your opinions on my next door neighbor. Whom you have a more likely opportunity to meet and get to know than you do Mick Jagger.

"Knowing" someone from reading tabloid journalism is to know nothing.

If you don't "like" or "approve of" Jagger, then what the hell are you doing here?

Date: July 11, 2012 19:49

stonesrule
Can't wait until you all give your opinions on my next door neighbor. Whom you have a more likely opportunity to meet and get to know than you do Mick Jagger.

If you don't "like" or "approve of" Jagger, then what the hell are you doing here?

Stonesrule, seems you are making fun of our mostlt light hearted infactuation with celebrity. Of course we are giving opinions on Mick, his choice an entertainer, knight and public figure gives us that incentive. So unless you next door neighbor is Mick Taylor, no we probably won't be giving many opinions on him or her.

But I do understand what you are saying. We are all very similar and ordinary when it gets down to the physical anyway. I think was mickchix is searching for in Mick, is a sense of his spiritual and emotional and intellectual self. He has an awful lot of laudable characteristics and his success is certainly intoxicating. But in the end I believe those things are all very similar and universal too.

You speak like one who has been there, done that and can attest to the truth of the maddness of making these people out to be more interesting than your next door neighbor. lol Maybe someday you will share more of your experiences with us so we can get a glimpse of your wisdom. with respect. peace

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 11, 2012 19:50

stonesrule

It's really just people having fun gossiping Stonesrule, I don't think most of the comments have been that mean spirited. Everyone likes to pontificate on morality, especially that of celebrities who live a life most of us can only envy, knowing that we will never be able to live like them. It's human nature, don't let it ruin your day.smiling smiley

Date: July 11, 2012 20:10

After watching Being Mick and seeing how he writes lyrics, freeform imrovisation and stream of consciousness, only later to organize the many phrases into verse, I think we all have an excellent window to the mans mind.

Maturity has certainly creeped into his lyrics for the delight of some and the disgust of others. So Witness, we can all witness this change in exactly the way you have pointed out. Your question has tangible answers, of course the man is changing. Change is the spice of life.

For mickschix, I have always smiled at your monkier wondered about the person behind. I am honored by your words and am obligated to assure you I am as big a bundle of trouble as you are likely to ever engage. winking smiley

I will share some words that came to me many times in a story told by an ancient Blackfoot Indian woman who was part of our household. The can center you or make you crazy she would say, it's your choice.

She said; "Young animal, you have been given one of the biggest gifts of all the creatures in the great circle of life. That gift is freedom. You are free to choose what to think, what to dream and where to walk. Choose wisely but don't forget to choose."

That is the part that stuck with me anyway and still brings a smile to my face and somehow empowers me to make the right choices. It's hard enough in this world to not let most of the choices be made by fear, she was one powerful lady. peace

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: July 11, 2012 20:27

latebloomer
stonesrule

It's really just people having fun gossiping Stonesrule, I don't think most of the comments have been that mean spirited. Everyone likes to pontificate on morality, especially that of celebrities who live a life most of us can only envy, knowing that we will never be able to live like them. It's human nature, don't let it ruin your day.smiling smiley

As long as we know that we are gossiping all is fine. But we should not take gossip for facts.

Date: July 11, 2012 20:53

elunsi
latebloomer
stonesrule

As long as we know that we are gossiping all is fine. But we should not take gossip for facts.

Truth is self evident anyway, if we take in this gossip without too much of an investment, the real truths of it will stick and the rest will float away with the breeze. It is our CHOICE to take it in afterall. peace

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 11, 2012 21:00

Good luck mickschix. In some sort of way I think you deserve it and you will succeed.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 11, 2012 21:57

ELUNSI, you're brilliant. YOUR WORDS are at the crux of what I was trying to say.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:23

Naturalust
I think having daughters has mellowed him somewhat but had to smile when Jade had to ask him to bring a date at least as old as her recently.

I think in Being Mick she says something like that she doesn't care if his girl friends are younger than she but shouldn't be taller...

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 11, 2012 23:57

I'm so bored with your petty morals.
My Stones should be bad,bad,bad . . uh uhh uh

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 12, 2012 00:00

CousinC

Yeah, you're right. Let's kill someone and have fun!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 12, 2012 00:17

kleermaker
CousinC

Yeah, you're right. Let's kill someone and have fun!

Me first, please!

Date: July 12, 2012 01:06

elunsi
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
SomeTorontoGirl

Discuss.

HA HA! What is there to discuss!!?? You just said it all! Although there may be reason for Mick to wait ten years to, er, to demand a paternity test because, well, maybe it's...

No one will ever know what Mick's "reasons" for not owning up to/supporting/etc the mothers and kids. But we do know he did what he did. Selfish is one word that comes to mind. What's even funnier is that he kept on going anyway. Guy obviously doesn't know what a condomn is!

No, we don´t. That´s the point. He did not go to Thailand right after the birth of their child. he paid Jerry what he had to pay, simple as that. Everybody in the world seems to know that a ceremony in Bali is no legal marriage, except Jerry Hall. He can not anull anything if there was no legal ground for that. According to Luciana M. herself Mick was very supportive and caring from the first moment she told him that she was pregnant. The tabloids have fun making him the most horrible man in the world ("leaving after the birth..) but not everything is true what they invent.

No, not that lot. The waiting for a paternity suit etc, not paying child support and having the Stones' pay docked, etc. That stuff. The real stuff.

Date: July 12, 2012 02:03

Thanks a lot, Hansie! I'll keep wishing. And Naturalist, I tend to love bad boys ( Oh, REALLY?).But seriously, you picked up on a crucial point when you said my views on Mick tend to be spiritual; I always felt that we could connect on a deeper level, and not to go on and on and be a BORE, I will say that when I met him, he got me in just a few moments and let me know by squeezing me around my waist! What a smile, with his lips and especially with his eyes.
Anyway, if you want the story of my connection to Mick and the Stones, a dear friend of mine, Marilou Regan, wrote a book called " Love You Live-Rolling Stones" and it is a series of chapters written by fans telling how they came to be so enamoured of this band. My chapter is entitled " Pleased To Meet You" . I don't mind getting emails from people on this site who want to " Chat" ...my email is mickschix2@aol.com so if you want to hear more, Stupidguy, I can tell you.
And Naturalist, your Blackfoot friend was very wise and she was right about making the right choices. I tend to let my fears hold me back sometimes.
An ex-boyfriend tagged me with the MICKSCHIX name, he was jealous of my affection for Mick. Still is!
I love " Brand New Set of Rules", it really does reveal quite a bit about his new maturity.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 12, 2012 02:46

Mickchix, I have that book, one of the best latter-day Stones books because it takes a different approach. I will have to go back and re-read your chapter...awesome!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home