Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Mick's Sordid Self
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 9, 2012 22:15

Naturalust
Who can say what goes on behind closed doors but I am certain that the women in Mick's life get/got just as much or more out of the relationship as Mick does/did.

Forgive me Naturalust, but that set off my BS radar. There is no way we can be certain about anything in their personal lives, it's mostly speculation. But for most people, infidelity rips the heart out no matter what the material compensations are.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: July 9, 2012 22:19

Biggest Mistake?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 9, 2012 22:28

Well latebloomer, infidelity is not always what it may be to you. Sometimes is is a shared dream. It may be a bit simplistic to believe that two people can meet all each other's people needs.

I have seen very positive results of people finding love outside of marriage in later life, honesty and management expectations are the key to protecting the heart. If you really love someone you eventually want them to be happy, even it that means sharing someone else's bed.

If you said dishonesty I might agree with you but infidelity in and of itself is not evil, just part of Mick's dream. It seems the smart money would expect this from someone like Mr. Jagger and act accordingly. I doubt Mick ever promised anyone thay they would be the only one when sex was concerned.

As far as heart ripping actions I abhore them as much as you. I try to give more than I recieve and I respect your opinion but please spare me the BS label. peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-09 22:30 by Naturalust.

Date: July 9, 2012 22:39

If it is a shared dream, as you put it, then I agree. Dishonesty is perhaps a better word, I agree with that as well. But your statement that you are certain that Mick's women got as much out of the relationship as he did is what I was referencing as BS. You can't be certain of that and I think it's persumptuous of you to say so. If the article can be believed than it sure looks like it was miserable for Jerry Hall, especially right after giving birth. That's what was in my mind when I responded to your post. I do apologize for my use of the term, it wasn't necessary.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 9, 2012 23:00

Naturalust
Well latebloomer, infidelity is not always what it may be to you. Sometimes is is a shared dream. It may be a bit simplistic to believe that two people can meet all each other's people needs.

I have seen very positive results of people finding love outside of marriage in later life, honesty and management expectations are the key to protecting the heart. If you really love someone you eventually want them to be happy, even it that means sharing someone else's bed.

If you said dishonesty I might agree with you but infidelity in and of itself is not evil, just part of Mick's dream. It seems the smart money would expect this from someone like Mr. Jagger and act accordingly. I doubt Mick ever promised anyone thay they would be the only one when sex was concerned.

As far as heart ripping actions I abhore them as much as you. I try to give more than I recieve and I respect your opinion but please spare me the BS label. peace

Naturalust, I have nothing against you, but your way of putting things sounds sometimes as if a younger person is pretending to be older than he is, having more life experience and wisdom than he actually has. Sometimes it is irritating, but mostly it's funny. I don't want to patronize you, but if you want people to take you more seriously you better be a little bit less pretentious.

Reread for instance this part of your post up here and think about the consequences of your argument:

"I have seen very positive results of people finding love outside of marriage in later life, honesty and management expectations are the key to protecting the heart. If you really love someone you eventually want them to be happy, even it that means sharing someone else's bed."

Notice in particular that one is never able to judge other people's relationships, no matter what they tell you about their relationship and how they experience it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 9, 2012 23:16

kleermaker
Naturalust

Naturalust, I have nothing against you, but your way of putting things sounds sometimes as if a younger person is pretending to be older than he is, having more life experience and wisdom than he actually has. Sometimes it is irritating, but mostly it's funny. I don't want to patronize you, but if you want people to take you more seriously you better be a little bit less pretentious.

Reread for instance this part of your post up here and think about the consequences of your argument:

"I have seen very positive results of people finding love outside of marriage in later life, honesty and management expectations are the key to protecting the heart. If you really love someone you eventually want them to be happy, even it that means sharing someone else's bed."

Notice in particular that one is never able to judge other people's relationships, no matter what they tell you about their relationship and how they experience it.

May the good lord shine a light on you kleermaker!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 9, 2012 23:20

latebloomer
If the article can be believed

It comes from a book by Christopher Anderson, so I would say no.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 9, 2012 23:33

sorry Kleermaker, I'm speaking from experience here. Take is as you want. I am who I am, stand by my word, and certainly have no interest in pretending to be older. Some people are born old. My response was to a very narrow view of the consequences of infidelity, and even the definition of it.

Your advice about judgement sounds to me like you are the one who says one thing but believes something entirely different.

Hoarding someone's love and body never made any sense to me and yes PLENTY of people have found new love in their lives outside of marriage and it has set them free. I value long term relationships but know that each person will have a different view on what is acceptable in order to find true love. If you've got it good on ya but don't preach to me about the ethics of love.

I really believe you've got to allow people to find what they are looking for. Many many people are thankful they were able to break outside of their original choices for partners, my parents and my ex-wife and me for instance. That's a circle I know well. Who are you to chide me for expressing my very healthy view on the matter?

In order to have true love, I believe you have to be willing to divorce every day. Otherwise it is just an endless cycle of need and power, with the person who needs always giving their personal power to the person who can satisfy that need. It may not make sense to you, you may have the perfect balance in your relationships but I wouldn't dismiss the knowledge of my experience. I don't hear you offering anything but criticism. No worries I can take it. What's your secret to lifelong love? peace

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: July 9, 2012 23:52

Well, the excerpts certainly don't cast Jagger in a good light.

From what I've read over many years following the Stones, it seemed Jagger never wanted to be married to anyone. At least not to anyone on any terms other than his own, which in the end, are perhaps not reasonable to any of these women.

It almost seems like Jagger feels pressured into it and then of course, there are predictable results.

Date: July 9, 2012 23:59

latebloomer
If it is a shared dream, as you put it, then I agree. Dishonesty is perhaps a better word, I agree with that as well. But your statement that you are certain that Mick's women got as much out of the relationship as he did is what I was referencing as BS. You can't be certain of that and I think it's persumptuous of you to say so. If the article can be believed than it sure looks like it was miserable for Jerry Hall, especially right after giving birth. That's what was in my mind when I responded to your post. I do apologize for my use of the term, it wasn't necessary.

Apology accepted with due respect latebloomer, I offer mine too if I offended you in some way. I certainly feel for Jerry Hall if indeed she was miserable at Mick's hands. I would venture to guess that she is over it, and futhermore in love now with someone who can meet all her needs more appropriately.

It's kind of like like getting fired from a job, you can see it as a failure or you can view at as the natural consequence of life pushing toward your inner dream. I believe we create our own reality, every minute of every day, who knows what misery Mick went through and I just choose to believe that there are few real victims in the game of love. peace

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 10, 2012 00:06

From my perspective, if a woman wants to have an affair with a known womanizer, it is HER responsibility to take care of herself...her body and her emotions. As someone said earlier, you do not know what it's like to be Mick, having gorgeous women throwing themselves at him, even NOW, 24/7.
How many guys here that call him a " dirt bag" can honestly say they would behave differently? If you say that you'd run AWAY from the ladies, I say you're being dishonest, unless you're gay and then it's a different thing entirely.( if you're gay, you would probably chase MICK!).
Carla is the one who sounds like a creep! A true STAR F*****! I had not hear those things about her before...who knows how much is true however. She sure knew Mick was married and with a new baby at home...it takes two, and in this case, she looks pretty shameless.
I thing you're right, Sweet thing, he probably prefers to be " single" at least legally. That may be how L'Wren has learned to keep his interest; she feigns indifference, pretends to not worry about his cheating on her. Apparently he must believe it, it's worked so far!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2012 00:42

mickschix
From my perspective, if a woman wants to have an affair with a known womanizer, it is HER responsibility to take care of herself...her body and her emotions. As someone said earlier, you do not know what it's like to be Mick, having gorgeous women throwing themselves at him, even NOW, 24/7.
How many guys here that call him a " dirt bag" can honestly say they would behave differently? If you say that you'd run AWAY from the ladies, I say you're being dishonest, unless you're gay and then it's a different thing entirely.( if you're gay, you would probably chase MICK!).
Carla is the one who sounds like a creep! A true STAR F*****! I had not hear those things about her before...who knows how much is true however. She sure knew Mick was married and with a new baby at home...it takes two, and in this case, she looks pretty shameless.
I thing you're right, Sweet thing, he probably prefers to be " single" at least legally. That may be how L'Wren has learned to keep his interest; she feigns indifference, pretends to not worry about his cheating on her. Apparently he must believe it, it's worked so far!

thumbs up

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 10, 2012 00:44

mickschix

Yes, but remember Mick was married with a child when Jerry began an affair with him. Technically separated, but still married. I used to read Jerry Hall's interviews at the time and she didn't have a problem flaunting it....she was talking about babies publicly before the divorce papers were signed.
It's like that story about how the young wife calls her cheating husband's ex and cries because he's cheated. The ex replies: 'How do you think you got him b***!?'

I think Mick loved all his women in different ways....but like his generation of rockers, he was spoiled at a young age, before he was a man, really.
These guys never really grew up - they were indulged and that affected their relationships as adults. Maybe Mick is still growing up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-10 00:47 by stupidguy2.

Date: July 10, 2012 00:44

mickschix

Carla does sound like a piece of work, but I don't think you can let Mick off the hook entirely because women threw themselves at him. Leaving a woman who has just had your baby so you can spend an idyllic vacation with your mistress seems pretty heartless to me no matter who you are. In any case, all parties have moved on.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 10, 2012 00:49

Just because "women throws themselves" at you doesn't necessarily mean that you have to take advantage of it. There are men with moral standards. Like Charlie, for example. I find it hard to pity the women though. They must know, as you pointed out Mickschix, what they are "throwing themselves" into...

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 10, 2012 00:52

latebloomer
mickschix

Carla does sound like a piece of work, but I don't think you can let Mick off the hook entirely because women threw themselves at him. Leaving a woman who has just had your baby so you can spend an idyllic vacation with your mistress seems pretty heartless to me no matter who you are. In any case, all parties have moved on.

There is also the theory suggested by someone here once that Mick flaunted his affairs because he was unhappy, but knew Jerry would never leave.....so it went back and forth and back and forth for two decades.
His 'relationship' with Luciana Morad seemed so reckless. According to her, he was obsessed and told her not to use birth control. Was it a self-inflicted mutiny from a sinking ship? A subconscious way to finally end a relationship stuck in a rut? I imagine he must have regretted it later, but look at him now. It worked out better for all parties involved. Mick seems genuinely happy.
Seriously, if Mick had not gotten Morad preggers, Jerry never would have left and he might still be chasing 20-somethings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-10 00:55 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 10, 2012 01:20

mickschix
How many guys here that call him a " dirt bag" can honestly say they would behave differently? If you say that you'd run AWAY from the ladies, I say you're being dishonest

I didn't call Mick a "dirt bag" and I surely wouldn't behave differently.
And no, I would not run AWAY from the ladies.
See ? I am being honest smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 10, 2012 01:31

grinning smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 10, 2012 01:45

Filty?

Date: July 10, 2012 01:56

His Majesty
Filty?

It's sounds the same though (and Filthy doesn't fit)

(That's how the Rolling Stones were introduced back in 1964 in my country by the press)

Date: July 10, 2012 01:59

If it's debaucherous behaviour your after look no further than the road crew. Most mature people couldn't get interesting in somebody who is throwing themself at you because you play a mean guitar and/or sing to their soul. How shallow is that?

All such women, and believe me there are plenty, need to get past the crew before they can access the band. That's the rule today and then, tradition in the world of rock shows.

It has even created a new type of groupie. These girls are hanging around the FOH mixer, showing their stuff and announcing, Is that a Gamble console? cool! Wanna f..k? lol peace

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 10, 2012 02:20

Naturalust
Who are you to chide me for expressing my very healthy view on the matter?

Why getting angry? There's no reason for that unless there's some truth in what I said to you, and you know there is. I'm not talking nor preaching about what you call "the ethics of love". I didn't make any judgement on that subject, simply because I'm not able to. But you, young man, seem to know it all. That's what I'm talking about. And it's not limited to this topic.

Date: July 10, 2012 02:29

Who said that Naturalust is a young man...........

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 10, 2012 03:13

To my mind, Carla is a sociopath. Recently in the press she was bragging of her 8 year affair with Mick, saying they had been in all the airports of the world's capitals and never once were photographed due to their cleverness. Seriously, what sort of person would ever publicise such a thing, in view of the fact that Mick was married with a family the whole time?

She went on to a r'ship with an older professor and on a family holiday, she hooked up with his son, Raphael Endhoven, thus destroying his marriage, and probably ruining the entire family forever.

Few people would be sorry to hear that Carla was in a bad situation or suffering, I am sure.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: July 10, 2012 03:59

kleermaker
I don't want to patronize you, but if you want people to take you more seriously you better be a little bit less pretentious

Not that he needs defending, but FWIW I don't read any pretention there, just a well-stated, seemingly honest opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-10 04:00 by carlorossi.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 10, 2012 04:09

Poor us, so judgmental when we have no idea what we would do with the power of having the world's most beautiful and exciting women fighting to get to us. And god knows what it does to your perspective about women when you see them for what they really are. (At least those women). Lots of those women dumped other, lower level men the minute Mick showed up on the radar. (See Jerry Hall and Bryan Ferry). Everyone is reduced to a commodity, and they go along with it willingly. Love becomes a joke. Being loved for yourself is a deeper joke. Money, power and fame. Maybe Mick's games have slowed a bit with advancing age, but I'll bet he's not a hundred percent faithful.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 10, 2012 04:13

This Mick story was on our local talk radio show (WHAM 1180) in Rochester, NY this morning:

[www.radaronline.com]

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: July 10, 2012 04:39

Did I really just read the phrase 'HOARDING someone's love'??? ...seriously?

Are we actually down to debating the merits of fidelity in marriage? Im calling BS on all of that. Every. Single. Bit. Maybe its because I'm 28 (29 on Jagger's bday, we both celebrate) and I have a kid. Maybe its because my parents raised me right and were NOT unfaithful..

I don't expect the same standards from Jagger. Anyone who has listened to his lyrics would understand where he stands, doesnt mean I agree.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: July 10, 2012 08:49

Do we even know if it is true that he left Jerry "one day after giving birth"?
I Read an interview once, where Jerry said she thought about leaving Mick, but then decided to stay, because one does not leave that so easily, the money, the fame the good live and all that. She said it very clearly that she stayed because of the money. Instead she decided to become pregnant again...
There is a theory about people aho have a lot of affairs, these people feel a great emtiness in themselves and they try to fill it with these affairs. Maybe the relationship with Jerry was long over, but she tried to keep him with children, Georgia, Gabriel, and maybe no other real love came along so he stayed.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 10, 2012 09:53

I'm pretty sure, with the exception of Charlie, that if I ever became aquainted with the Stones I would not like them very much.

I love the music... but they are complete dirtballs as people.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1536
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home