Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Guitar Synthesizers
Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: July 8, 2012 03:47

[en.wikipedia.org]

I wonder if the Rolling Stones ever used a guitar synthesizer?

I mean, with a guitar synthesizer, imagine hearing Keith or Ronnie use one of these and their landmark solos end up sounding like a synthesized horn?

~Ben

Re: Guitar Synthesizers
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 8, 2012 04:01

But the guitar itself, the way Chuck Berry played it, was like a synthesized horn section. CB's tune Memphis, Tennessee, the melody and the rhythm are taken directly from a tune by Tommy Dorsey's big band, and CB's guitar is meant to emulate the big band horn section.

Robbie Krieger in Soul Kitchen used the guitar to emulate a James Brown horn section in Soul Kitchen.

But no, I can't imagine Keith or even Ronnie trying out a guitar synthesizer--probably they wouldn't get the same "feel" for the music. That's something Mick might do. Maybe there was something to that effect in Might As Well Get Juiced, in which there were a lot of production values involved, but no, not in the Stones. If Chuck Berry had played a guitar synth, then Keith for sure might be into that.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: July 26, 2012 23:16

John McLaughlin used it quite a lot. Actually he was pretty good at it. His guitar synthesizer solo starts at 1:43. "Radio-Activity":

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: July 27, 2012 01:02

Is a guitar synthesizer the same as a keytar? If so, I'd kill myself if I saw the Stones using one of those!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-27 01:03 by spsimmons.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 27, 2012 01:21

spsimmons
Is a guitar synthesizer the same as a keytar? If so, I'd kill myself if I saw the Stones using one of those!

Don't kill yourself. Kill the messenger..

Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: July 27, 2012 04:49

Roland made a couple of guitar synthesizers.

I do know that Ronnie Wood I believe used a Parker Fly Guitar which is similar to guitar synthesizer on Voodoo Lounge on one of the tracks.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: July 27, 2012 10:48

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 27, 2012 11:49

RW play something very primitive in crotch music

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 27, 2012 12:19

David Gilmour played his guitar through a synthesizer unit called a hi-fli when they toured Dark Side of The Moon in 73 and 74.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1472
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home