Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
Ronnie Wood - "Mad Lad" album, November 15, 2019
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: July 19, 2019 10:46

WITH a world tour to finish and twin toddlers running around, you would think Ronnie Wood has enough on his plate right now.

But the Rolling Stones rocker has found time to make his first studio album in nine years.

It drops in October to coincide with a documentary about the 72-year-old guitarist’s amazing life.

A music insider said: “This album and the TV show is a big deal for Ronnie.

“He hasn’t done any solo recordings since I Feel Like Playing and Live In London in 2010.

“He felt it was time to tell his story with a programme he fully cooperated with. It’s likely to be with the BBC or Netflix and offers a very candid look back on his life.

“But making this documentary, which has taken four years to complete, and the album, hasn’t been easy.

“He’s had to juggle so many things over the last decade.”

Two years ago, Ronnie had part of a lung removed due to cancer. He refused chemotherapy, fearing he would lose his hair. But he did quit smoking after 50 years.

Ronnie has said: “There was a week when everything hung in the balance. It could have been curtains.”

Now he is back on the road as the Stones complete their No Filter world tour. But Ronnie still found time to nip into a recording studio in South West London to put the new album to bed.

There’s no way I’d have the energy to live Ronnie’s crazy life.

It’s exhausting just writing about his antics.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2019-10-16 18:01 by bv.

Re: New solo album Ronnie Wood in October
Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 19, 2019 10:54

smileys with beer

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: July 19, 2019 11:15

smileys with beer

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: July 19, 2019 11:24

Delighted, really look forward to a new Ronnie album. I love I feel like playing think it’s a great album. I think possibly that Ronnies albums are the best, most complete of all the stones, I think his sense of melody and harmony and his playing is truly exciting and emotional. Great sense of melody. Properly underrated.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 19, 2019 11:30

Good for you Ronnie! Stop waiting around for those other two guys to pull their heads out of their asses and get on with something creative yourself.

Date: July 19, 2019 12:09

Great news! thumbs up

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 19, 2019 12:13

Ronnie is thumbing his nose at Mick and Keith.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 19, 2019 12:30

Very good news. Hope the docu is going to be on Netflix internationally.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 19, 2019 12:34

He kept that very quiet! Excellent news.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 19, 2019 12:42

nice!....definitely a fork in the eye...criminal he isn't allowed or asked to contribute to the song writing for the Stones.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 19, 2019 12:56

The best news since CEH

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 19, 2019 13:07

Excellent news!

Posted by: stone4ever ()
Date: July 19, 2019 13:59

Now that's how you make an album, don't talk about it, just do it.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 19, 2019 14:01

Good news. Ronnie is a creative person but has had no opportunity to use it in the Stones as he was in the Faces. He's never been involved in the songwriting when he could almost certainly contribute usefully.

Date: July 19, 2019 14:06

[www.list.co.uk]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 19, 2019 14:08

Yes, that's a strange thing. Only Jagger/Richards are allowed as songwriters. It's even more strange since Jagger and Richards stopped working together.
Rather no songs at all than letting someone else contribute apparently.

Date: July 19, 2019 14:32

I think I take that as better news than the news of a Stones album. I have loved every Ron Wood album .

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 19, 2019 14:42

Stoneage
Yes, that's a strange thing. Only Jagger/Richards are allowed as songwriters. It's even more strange since Jagger and Richards stopped working together.
The incredible mythology of the "Jagger/Richards" songwriting credit (second only to Lennon/McCartney) is clearly more sacred to Mick and Keith (and their $$$) than actually completing workable songs.

I wouldn't care if half the songs on a mythical new album were credited to "Wood/Jagger/Richards" or even only "Wood" as long as they were good. If he's the only one with any creativity left, and it the songs themselves are at a certain artistic level, then cut the damn songs and get on with it.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 19, 2019 15:10

what about a new Stones album?

glad Ronnies putting it out there though. and a documentary, I hope Rod and Kenney are involved in that. What a force he was in that band! I love the Faces.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: July 19, 2019 15:24

Part of the documentary was filed at the Tivoli theatre last year at the rehearsals prior to the 2 shows with Ben Waters at Ronnie Scott's.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: July 19, 2019 15:56

duke richardson
what about a new Stones album?

glad Ronnies putting it out there though. and a documentary, I hope Rod and Kenney are involved in that. What a force he was in that band! I love the Faces.
IMO better w/o Rod. Rod Stewart's last album was terrible.

Date: July 19, 2019 16:11

That means NO Stones album in 2019.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 19, 2019 16:19

Stoneage

Yeah but let's be honest, Ronnie has been putting out albums like it's a solo album from the 70s (except every 10 years now) and no one remembers any of the songs after a couple of weeks. Mick and Keith have a bit more ambition fortunately...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 19, 2019 16:22

[www.youtube.com]

Masterpiece. How Ronnie was good and precise at this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-19 16:24 by powerage78.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 19, 2019 17:46

The documentary may...…………….or may not be, the BBC programme, 'Who do you think you are', which Ronnie mentioned in a radio interview back in January.
Here is my post about the radio interview.

Re: Ronnie Wood Interview BBC Radio
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: January 14, 2019 18:29

Just heard on the interview, he is doing the TV programme 'Who do you think you are' which is on BBC.
He said they are researching it now.
For anyone who hasn't seen it, it's where a team of researchers trace back his family history and then a one hour program is made with Ronnie in it throughout.
He will probably find out a lot of new things about his long gone relatives.

Should be very interesting to watch for us Stones fans , but still got to be filmed etc. after the research work, so doubt if we will see it for at least 6 months.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: July 19, 2019 17:49

And his last solo was excellent

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 19, 2019 18:03

powerage78
Ronnie is thumbing his nose at Mick and Keith.

Ummmm no

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: July 19, 2019 18:06

powerage78
That means NO Stones album in 2019.

Don't hold your breath until late 2020 at best.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 19, 2019 18:16

Due to the lack of a new Stones album I've been hoping for this, and even predicted it several in the new album thread! It's encouraging that Ronnie is moving forward and away from the stagnation of the Stones, and not doodling around with his artwork for the time being. Even if the album is mediocre, it should do well amongst Stones fans who've been yearning for something new and original since Keith's Crosseyed Heart. And even if it's an album of blues covers it will be greatly welcomed. As I previously dubbed it: "I've Got My Own Blues Album To Do"! Bring in a few special guests...maybe even Keith on a tune and possibly Mick singing or playing harp on a tune...and voila...the next best thing to a Stones album at this point! And it might bode well for Keith releasing another solo album some time in the near future!

Go Ronnie Go - show them how it's done! thumbs up

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 19, 2019 18:37

heres an idea, maybe ronnie could write the album and the rest of the band record and make it a stones album.

ronnie gives up his rights to songwriting credits and jagger/richards gets the credit.

maybe ronnie and the rest of the band could have a race to see which album is ready first.

ronnie finishes in 2019 and the stones finishing around 2032,

or maybe ronnie could teach jagger and richards as how to find a recording studio and enter through the door.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home