Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood - Own Album & Now Look
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: June 27, 2012 00:06

Here's a thought.

Should, or could these albums, be reissued by rhinohandmade with extra tracks, or a bonus disc ? After all, they were reissued on the Rhino Encore series, and I'd love them to be issued as deluxe editions.

Re: Ronnie Wood - Own Album & Now Look
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: June 27, 2012 00:26

I'd love it too, but given that Rhino's talked about doing just that with the Faces catalogue for years and we still have nothing to show for it, I'm not holding my breath.

Also, wasn't a lot of Now Look taken from the Own Album sessions? There might not be a lot left in the can...

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 27, 2012 00:32

Both Now Look and Own album are A+ albums, would love to have them with bonus tracks.

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: June 27, 2012 03:38

Juan, I thought that the Faces catalogue was done with the 'Five Guys Walk Into A Bar' boxset? In any event, I otherwise agree, if there are some good leftovers from either of RW's first two solo album's they would be welcome

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 27, 2012 09:24

Superb albums that beats everything as solo-works from Stones or Faces-members....grinning smiley

How about that Rod?

2 1 2 0

Date: June 27, 2012 09:47

JuanTCB
I'd love it too, but given that Rhino's talked about doing just that with the Faces catalogue for years and we still have nothing to show for it, I'm not holding my breath.

Also, wasn't a lot of Now Look taken from the Own Album sessions? There might not be a lot left in the can...

Now Look is sessions with Bobby Womack, but there might be a couple of tunes from the IGMOATD-sessions. I'm thinking about the two songs with Mick Taylor here in particular.

Date: June 27, 2012 09:48

Come On
Superb albums that beats everything as solo-works from Stones or Faces-members....grinning smiley

How about that Rod?

He'll probably agree, since he is on the first one himself winking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 27, 2012 14:44

DandelionPowderman
JuanTCB

Now Look is sessions with Bobby Womack, but there might be a couple of tunes from the IGMOATD-sessions. I'm thinking about the two songs with Mick Taylor here in particular.

Breathe On Me is the main leftover from I've Got My Own Album To Do. In my opinion it's possibly Ronnie's finest song. The b-side of I Can Feel The Fire has a different version and is worth tracking down.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 27, 2012 15:15

Loved them both! Great albums.
Would be nice to have I've got my own album remastered.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: June 27, 2012 20:33

they could do a boxset of ronnie, hm. but they should put out these two as a double cd with bonus and woody artwork like IGMOA.. had then

Posted by: jiggysawdust ()
Date: July 11, 2012 09:50

JuanTCB

Rhino remastered The Faces catalog (with bonus tracks) a few years ago but Rod Stewart's manager wouldn't allow them to be released. The Japanese reissues of Faces catalog (no bonus tracks) from a couple years ago sound fantastic.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 11, 2012 10:02

Rod seems utterly ambivalent towards the Faces: bizarre really, when his other bands were never a shade on them. Apart from Jeff Beck gROUP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2346
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home