Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Is Blondie Chaplin Playing All of Keith's Guitar Parts in the Studio and at Concerts?
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 24, 2012 02:54

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Yes, he's played on every album and live show. That's just the kind of fact that Stonesnow or Mighty50 would invent.

Not true. I've never knocked Keef's playing nor would I.

Re: Is Blondie Chaplin Playing All of Keith's Guitar Parts in the Studio and at Concerts?
Date: June 24, 2012 03:01

stonesnow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Yes, he's played on every album and live show. That's just the kind of fact that Stonesnow or Mighty50 would invent.

I merely responded to the title of the thread, which implies ALL of Keith's guitar parts, studio and live. There for, officially, I'm right, which means it's true, 100%. Officially. They knew Blondie before Blondie knew them. He didn't even know he played the opening guitar licks to Under My Thumb on Aftermath. Yet magically he did, as well as the opening licks to Start Me Up, Brown Sugar and She's So Cold to name just a few.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 24, 2012 03:16

Manish Boy - http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/stones/Track05.mp3

Neighbors - http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/stones/Track06.mp3

Brown Sugar - http://www.hatfieldmedia.com/stones/Track07.mp3

On all of these I hear Ronnie, Keith and a 3rd mysterious rhythm guitar. BTW, the bstage performances in 2002 are the ones where I hear this mysterious guitar occasionally. Manish Boy is the easiest. You can clearly hear that beefy rhythm guitar while two other guitars lay down pretty licks on top...

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 24, 2012 03:49

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonesnow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

I merely responded to the title of the thread, which implies ALL of Keith's guitar parts, studio and live. There for, officially, I'm right, which means it's true, 100%. Officially. They knew Blondie before Blondie knew them. He didn't even know he played the opening guitar licks to Under My Thumb on Aftermath. Yet magically he did, as well as the opening licks to Start Me Up, Brown Sugar and She's So Cold to name just a few.

And I was just responding to the "kind of fact" part of your post--and I'm officially not offended by your comment.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 24, 2012 03:55

flacnvinyl

On all of these I hear Ronnie, Keith and a 3rd mysterious rhythm guitar. BTW, the bstage performances in 2002 are the ones where I hear this mysterious guitar occasionally. Manish Boy is the easiest. You can clearly hear that beefy rhythm guitar while two other guitars lay down pretty licks on top...

I wish I could hear it but I can't. Could you point out specific seconds where it happens? Keith is the loudest one on "Mannish Boy" and it's him that lays down the the riff bah-DAH-dah-dah-dum predominantly throughout the song. When he switches to a fill...that chugging rhythm stops. I don't hear a time when both guitar players are playing solos and there's still a rhythm guitar going, as you describe. What does happen in "Mannish Boy" is that as you listen to it, that chugging riff becomes etched to your memory and you become trained to hear it throughout the song.

Here are videos of the same songs on that same tour...is the same thing happening here?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-24 03:58 by Justin.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: June 24, 2012 04:33

Any one heard of Milli Vanilli? They were very popular in, I believe, the eighties. They danced and sang, but later admitted that they were moving their lips while some other artists sang for them. As a result of this, they were disgraced and suddenly dropped out of sight. They deserved this because they cheated.

Charlie Watts has stated that, while Keith has his faults, he is a very ethical person. I can't believe Keith would allow someone else to play for him.

Because people often believe what others tell them (gullible people), then I believe it is important for posters here to double check their sources before they speak. Someone stated that this was a BS post, but I think otherwise.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: June 24, 2012 06:30

The title of the thread makes it b.s..

This has been discussed roughly 9,000,000 times on this, and other, Stones boards.

To bring up Milli Vanilli in the context of this topic just shovels more b.s. onto the heap.

But, whatever.....you still have inane questions, so feel free to keep asking!

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: June 24, 2012 07:30

flilflam
I can't believe Keith would allow someone else to play for him.
Believe it. Ronnie played Keith's guitar bits for "You Got The Silver" during the Bigger Bang tour while Keith crooned.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 24, 2012 10:42

yeah, Blondie also covered for Brian Jones, Mick taylor and ofcourse sings all the parts jagger cant anymore.

Surprise:
he even plays the drums while playing guitar.

Jeroen

Date: June 24, 2012 11:12

The only time someone did accuse the Stones for miming was the partly playback accusations from Der Spiegel in the mid 90s (Rock And A Hard Place).

However, those accusations were quickly put to rest.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 24, 2012 11:40

liddas
I love the way Keith played during the Bang tour. Bad nights and all. Others don't, who cares?

Excellent

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 24, 2012 11:47

Stones62
Ronnie played Keith's guitar bits for "You Got The Silver" during the Bigger Bang tour

Yes, and you can see how everyone is trying to draw Keith's attention to tell him that he forgot to take his guitar.
And of course Blondie is playing Ronnie's guitar bits hidden under the stage.

-------------------

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 24, 2012 15:30

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
buffalo7478
The whole 'Vegas' or 'wall of sound' the Stones have done live for years, especially in big venues, leaves you wondering who is playing what. 3 guitars often buried behind keyboards and horns. I feel the same way about Springsteen, when across teh front of the stage you see Bruce, his wife, Steven and Nils all strumming, yet zero passion or power coming out.

Whatever the Stones do live this next tour I hope it involves fewer people on stage, and guitars that are amped up and powerful, and played with conviction and passion (by whoever plays them).

You hope that there are fewer people on stage yet hope the guitars are played with conviction and passion by...whoever plays them?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one! That is HILARIOUS!

Eh, what you said about Bruce is easily replaceable with the Stones - zero passion or power coming out, at least during the Bang tour (I think the last ounce of passion and power they had was ont he Licks tour), or as some people like to say, "lately". You watch Mick play and he just flams away at the guitar, no real emphasis on "playing". Keith, of course, doesn't even bother, he just holds on to it now as a tool to help him "balance". Ronnie continually strangles his like it's a wet chicken.

Exactly what I meant.

Date: June 24, 2012 15:36

Re Blondie with the Beach Boys....

since when is playing with the Beach Boys a pedigree for playing the blues and blues-based rock and roll of the Stones? The man might be able to play, but I would not put his Beach Boys work on any resume. Secondly, he was with the Beach Boys for a short time during a low period for the band (frankly everything past the mid-60s was low...).

I am not a fan of Blondie or Chuck, but at least Chuck played with the Allmans.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: June 24, 2012 16:01

lettingitbleed
Sticky Fingers original studio recording of Bitch has Keith on rhythm (playing the main riff) with Taylor on the lead noodling.

In fact the other way around...

As for the Blondie matter, I'm quite surprised that someone even suspects that he plays Keith parts live and in studio. Of course Blondie has played both acoustic and electric guitars with the Stones on stage, but not because he has to cover for Keith. Keith plays what he plays either if good or bad, and Blondie plays what he plays. Mostly inaudible. That's what it is. No more, no less.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-24 16:06 by audun-eg.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 24, 2012 16:13

buffalo7478
I am not a fan of Blondie or Chuck, but at least Chuck played with the Allmans.

and blondie played for the butterfield/danko band...those guys coulda picked just about any free agent out there and they chose blondie....the guy can flat-out rock with the best of them.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 24, 2012 16:17

Srange thread.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 24, 2012 16:39

flacnvinyl

Ive only listened to Mannish Boy this far and yup, I hear it. Ronnie does the solo guitar but Keith is not the only one on rhythm.

Then theres that clip of JJF where Keiths guitar is either an overdub or played with Blondie. 2006?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-24 20:13 by Redhotcarpet.

Date: June 24, 2012 17:33

flilflam
Any one heard of Milli Vanilli? They were very popular in, I believe, the eighties. They danced and sang, but later admitted that they were moving their lips while some other artists sang for them. As a result of this, they were disgraced and suddenly dropped out of sight. They deserved this because they cheated.

Charlie Watts has stated that, while Keith has his faults, he is a very ethical person. I can't believe Keith would allow someone else to play for him.

Because people often believe what others tell them (gullible people), then I believe it is important for posters here to double check their sources before they speak. Someone stated that this was a BS post, but I think otherwise.

Not sure what you're getting at. That Keith has lowered his ethicaltations or that you just refuse to accept the truth that Blondie fills in to "cover" for Keith? Perhaps it is both, which is moot.

Date: June 24, 2012 17:39

buffalo7478
Re Blondie with the Beach Boys....he was with the Beach Boys for a short time during a low period for the band

Excuse me, you consider the "Holland" album a low period ???

-------------------

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 24, 2012 17:41

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
flilflam

Not sure what you're getting at. That Keith has lowered his ethicaltations or that you just refuse to accept the truth that Blondie fills in to "cover" for Keith? Perhaps it is both, which is moot.

It's obvious that Blondie is in their to help 'fill out' the guitar sound. It's also obvious that Keith's playing has diminished considerably. Why would the Rolling Stones need a 4th guitarist (yes, I'm counting MJ for periodic support) if there wasn't a perceived problem.

That is not the same as saying Blondie doing all of Keith's guitar parts in the studio and live.

Date: June 24, 2012 17:51

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
flilflam

It's obvious that Blondie is in their to help 'fill out' the guitar sound. It's also obvious that Keith's playing has diminished considerably. Why would the Rolling Stones need a 4th guitarist (yes, I'm counting MJ for periodic support) if there wasn't a perceived problem.

That is not the same as saying Blondie doing all of Keith's guitar parts in the studio and live.

Especially when you consider that Blondie played in a band that had the Wrecking Crew do a majority of their studio work, which means that not only did Blondie play for Keith in the studio but the Stones did not play on any of their albums through at least 1974 because Blondie had the Wrecking Crew record on every album every song and every single since the first single BEFORE he was even in the Beach Boys. It was the first use of 'pre'. Blondie recording Keith's guitar parts pre-Beach Boys and pre-Rolling Stones 4th guitar player.

It's so obvious I don't know why anyone has never noticed it before.

Blondie Chaplin is a great musician
Date: June 24, 2012 18:15

QUIZZZZ QUESTION !!!

Who was the beach boy who sang ‘Sail on Sailor’?
Who replaced Richard Manuel of The Band?
Who toured with Rick Danko and Paul Butterfield?
Who plays guitar, percussion, and sings background for the Rolling Stones?

A. That’s impossible.
B. None of the above.
C. Only insiders might know.
D. Blondie Chaplin.

Have fun smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------

Re: Blondie Chaplin is a great musician
Date: June 24, 2012 18:24

Rolling Hansie
QUIZZZZ QUESTION !!!

Who was the beach boy who sang ‘Sail on Sailor’?
Who replaced Richard Manuel of The Band?
Who toured with Rick Danko and Paul Butterfield?
Who plays guitar, percussion, and sings background for the Rolling Stones?

A. That’s impossible.
B. None of the above.
C. Only insiders might know.
D. Blondie Chaplin.

Have fun smileys with beer Cheers

PSSSSSSSSSSST! Don't tell Flilflam! Flilly knowing that all 5 of those are Blondie might hurt the Stones' careers and reputation for Flilly!

Date: June 24, 2012 18:30

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Don't tell Flilflam!

I ain't gonna tell nobody. It's a quiz question smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 24, 2012 19:21

blondie plays all stones parts,
thats why it gets boring
hahahaha
jeroen

come on guys

he is just a stand in.
Forget it, its all rumours
Aint nothing like the Stones. Blondie does f... all
jeroen

Date: June 24, 2012 19:47

Rolling Hansie
buffalo7478
Re Blondie with the Beach Boys....he was with the Beach Boys for a short time during a low period for the band

Excuse me, you consider the "Holland" album a low period ???

Yep. And though many on here will disagree. I think Brian Wilson was a studio genius and a master of pop and harmonies, but other than that, a lightweight band that needed studio musicians. Live, they were the first band I ever saw that was actually miming on stage. Maybe if I were older and grew up on Surfin USA and Little Deuce Coupe I would feel different.

I was thrilled to find a buyer for my tickets for their show at Darien Lake next week.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 24, 2012 20:44

Was "Carl and the Passions – So Tough" anything special?
Was a Blondie Beach Boys record.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 24, 2012 21:09

mtaylor
Was "Carl and the Passions – So Tough" anything special?
Was a Blondie Beach Boys record.

Special, yes..but not necessarily because of Blondie. He had a hand in writing only two of the eight songs on the record. "Carl and The Passions" is a little like "Goats Head Soup" that it's a fan favorite but generally overlooked by the general public. It does contain some wonderful Dennis Wilson tunes and it has the best Beach Boys song not written by Brian:

"All This Is That"

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: June 24, 2012 21:15

sigh...another Blondie thread about this topic.

Blondie, as far as I can tell, hasn't played "Keith's parts" on songs. He simply plays Blondie's parts. And sometimes what he is playing is the stuff that's really helping the songs along while Keith plays, or attempts to play, or doesn't play at all, HIS parts. Blondie has never covered for Keith in some kind of miming way.

But there's no question (well, some will question it), that Blondie has surreptitiously played guitar while not on stage. But he's not playing Keith's parts. He's playing Blondie's parts. I know I've heard him playing live as far back as Licks while not on stage. And I believe Gazza himself has shared on this board several times that he witnessed Blondie playing offstage. Do you all doubt Gazza?

But nobody has ever said that Blondie was "playing all of Keith's parts" or even ANY of Keith's parts. He was just playing.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2105
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home