Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Nice read on Americana music and its history
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:38

I'm looking forward to reading this. Some great insights into what can be considered Americana. A few Stones songs could fit into this genre.

[americana-uk.com]

Re: OT: Nice read on Americana music and its history
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:17

What a great read and interesting guy.
Thanks for posting.
Need to read his books now.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 4, 2021 03:41

I'm so glad, but not surprised there are music fans here on IORR that like Americana music. thumbs up

A pal of mine, Peter Bruntnell who is trying to make a living playing his music and hopefully doing alright. thumbs up
Well respected by Americana fans worldwide, I've seen a few times lately since the end of lockdown here in UK.

Bands are trying to do what they do best and local musicians and pal, Peter Bruntnell, with his pal James Walbourne (The Pretenders, Ray Davies), and other bandmates on bass and drums.
Took these videos at The Cavern Pub, Raynes Park, SW London a few weeks ago and they sound Americana to me, and just love the new album 'Journey to the Sun'. smileys with beer

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 4, 2021 04:17

crawdaddy: OMG, a cover of Doug Sahm's "Is Anybody Going To San Antone". I love it, love this song, Americana with Mexican influence. Tell your pal to keep on checking out Doug Sahm as a solo, a part of the Texas Tornadoes, the Sir Douglas Quintet. Great songs waiting to be discovered. Check out early JC and the confluence of country and rockabilly with a touch of r&b. The first Flying Burrito Brothers albums are also a good listen, along with Graham Parson's albums.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 4, 2021 05:51

I'm really getting to like Americana music these days, and another album I really like of Peter Bruntnell is King of Madrid, with a great band as usual.
B. J. Cole on Peddle Steel guitar on some of the tracks as well as some other great bandmates.

Normal for Bridgewater album was released over 20 years ago and made his mark as a really good album.

Journey to the Sun is most recent album and doing really well hopefully. smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2245
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home