Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Mick performing at the SNL after-party
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 23, 2012 08:40

swiss
Wondering: does anyone know what the difference is between Chevy Metal and Foo Fighters?

hbwriter
GumbootCloggeroo
Why is it impossible for some of us not to enjoy a kick ass performance by Mick without having to bring drama into the mix and turning it into a war between Mick and Keith by mentioning Life and other nonsense? Let's just chill the @#$%& out, enough with the super analyzing and enjoy the damn music!

I'm missing the point of this, Gum - I think most of us enjoyed the music just fine (I know i did - esp. the Foos stuff)

<snip>I always get a little weirded out by people telling the others what to talk about and what not to talk about - whatever happened to, if you don't like something, just ignore it? Or voice an opinion and debate it - but suggesting the conversation just cease? Like I said, the point of that escapes me.

I'm thinking, among others, you might be talking to me. I've definitely mades suggestions that
people who want to talk about their own thing take it to another thread. Sorry that weirds you
out! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

But I think for most of us --you definitely included, hb-- it's a matter of busyness. Of
limited time and attention to spend on iorr. Discussions are divided by topical threads, so
by scanning you can pick and choose what to read by title. When someone takes the time to
start a thread on a topic, and peeps starts going off on their own trajectories--which
spirals off into a whole 'nother thing--it detracts from the intent of the original thread
and kinda wastes time for readers who have to sift through these side convos that aren't
really central to the topic they're interested in...

When it's an influential poster who does that, some readers are so eager to engage with that
poster they can really get carried away and seem to forget the thread they're in and skew
the discussion and make it almost a personal back and forth. Some people may enjoy that
particular back and forth, but if it's not central to the thread topic it can be a little
frustrating. Make sense...?

-swiss

S--not thinking of you at all - not even close - you post very trenchant stuff - it's rare when people do this - basically issue an order to stop talking about something because it rubs them them the wrong way - but the few times it happens - as it did here - i find it distasteful - just my opinion - and this board is, whether anyone wants to admit it or not - about 10% news and 90% opinion (as are most boards of this nature)

Posted by: Nimrod ()
Date: May 23, 2012 08:40

swiss
Wondering: does anyone know what the difference is between Chevy Metal and Foo Fighters?

Chevy Metal is a side cover band that members of Foo Fighters play in. Taylor Hawkins is always present on drums, and when the other members of Foo Fighters are available they join him and when they aren't, his friends fill in.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: May 23, 2012 09:09

treaclefingers
angee
"Chris is dead on about the situation caused by Keith's book. Anyone who doubts that doesn't know what they're talking about, and Mick is playing it to the max."

Wait, Mick was upset, or he overreacted? Some insiders said putting what Keith did in his book was not right but
some insiders were surprised by Mick's reaction? What is he playing to the max? Sorry, I'm confused.

I don't think we know for sure about MJ being upset, but I think that's a logical assumption. Regarding overreacted, he didn't 'do' anything, so how is that an overreaction? He is 'sticking it' to KR in a way, by living large but that is no way an overreaction.

So far we have only heard from the Keith camp, and they of course believe that Mick is overreacting, because all what Keith did was writing the truth eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 23, 2012 09:26

elunsi
treaclefingers
angee
"Chris is dead on about the situation caused by Keith's book. Anyone who doubts that doesn't know what they're talking about, and Mick is playing it to the max."

Wait, Mick was upset, or he overreacted? Some insiders said putting what Keith did in his book was not right but
some insiders were surprised by Mick's reaction? What is he playing to the max? Sorry, I'm confused.

I don't think we know for sure about MJ being upset, but I think that's a logical assumption. Regarding overreacted, he didn't 'do' anything, so how is that an overreaction? He is 'sticking it' to KR in a way, by living large but that is no way an overreaction.

So far we have only heard from the Keith camp, and they of course believe that Mick is overreacting, because all what Keith did was writing the truth eye rolling smiley

I'm starting to see what swiss means about threads getting overrun - but as far as I'm concerned, once a thread is out there it's free for all and not the original poster's private property.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 23, 2012 09:49

Enen though I really don't like Miss You, I have to say, that Mick sounds great and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting

Date: May 23, 2012 10:11

angee

Right on, angee!

Where and when has Mick overreacted, or reacted at all, for that matter...?

If Mick is upset, he has taken this in a classy way. However, we don't know how he took this. Insiders from both "camps" say different things, very different things - also within each "camp".

Of course, it might be fun to speculate, for a good laugh, but I think people should stop taking their assumptions seriously, because that's what it is - assumptions, or pure guesswork.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 23, 2012 12:28

swiss
Make sense...?

Absolutely. No bout adoubt it winking smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 23, 2012 12:36

OMG! Was that a rocking rendition of Bitch or what? Stones fans: compare Grohl and co's take to that on the Stones A Bigger Bang DVD - Shanghi, I think. Now get the tissues ready!

Date: May 23, 2012 13:35

Big Al
OMG! Was that a rocking rendition of Bitch or what? Stones fans: compare Grohl and co's take to that on the Stones A Bigger Bang DVD - Shanghi, I think. Now get the tissues ready!

Grohl didn't play there - only the other FF-guitar player and the drummer + friends.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: May 23, 2012 13:57

Expect Mick Taylor or a third guitar player to go out with the stones this timeout. keith's fingers need some back up. glad to see Mick healthy and in good spirits - obviously hungry for the limelight.

Date: May 23, 2012 13:58

Loudei
Expect Mick Taylor or a third guitar player to go out with the stones this timeout. keith's fingers need some back up. glad to see Mick healthy and in good spirits - obviously hungry for the limelight.

A fourth guitar player, you mean? winking smiley

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 23, 2012 14:16

Just heard Jagger + Chevy Metal doing "Bitch"....... WOW, well done!eye popping smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 23, 2012 15:36

DandelionPowderman
Loudei

A fourth guitar player, you mean? winking smiley

A fourth including Blondie, a FIFTH if you include when Jagger straps one on. It's going to be crowded onstage! God forbid they bring on Beck or Clapton to periodically guest!

Date: May 23, 2012 16:29

DandelionPowderman
Big Al

Grohl didn't play there - only the other FF-guitar player and the drummer + friends.

isn't that grohl announcing the tune?

Date: May 23, 2012 16:37

hbwriter
DandelionPowderman
Big Al

isn't that grohl announcing the tune?

You're right. I just read that he normally isn't in Chevy Metal, and forgot to take a look smiling smiley

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 23, 2012 16:44

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 23, 2012 17:08

hbwriter
swiss

hbwriter
GumbootCloggeroo
Why is it impossible for some of us not to enjoy a kick ass performance by Mick without having to bring drama into the mix and turning it into a war between Mick and Keith by mentioning Life and other nonsense? Let's just chill the @#$%& out, enough with the super analyzing and enjoy the damn music!

I'm missing the point of this, Gum - I think most of us enjoyed the music just fine (I know i did - esp. the Foos stuff)

<snip>I always get a little weirded out by people telling the others what to talk about and what not to talk about - whatever happened to, if you don't like something, just ignore it? Or voice an opinion and debate it - but suggesting the conversation just cease? Like I said, the point of that escapes me.

I'm thinking, among others, you might be talking to me. I've definitely mades suggestions that
people who want to talk about their own thing take it to another thread. Sorry that weirds you

But I think for most of us --you definitely included, hb-- it's a matter of busyness. Of
limited time and attention to spend on iorr. Discussions are divided by topical threads, so
by scanning you can pick and choose what to read by title. When someone takes the time to
start a thread on a topic, and peeps starts going off on their own trajectories--which
spirals off into a whole 'nother thing--it detracts from the intent of the original thread
and kinda wastes time for readers who have to sift through these side convos that aren't

When it's an influential poster who does that, some readers are so eager to engage with that
poster they can really get carried away and seem to forget the thread they're in and skew
the discussion and make it almost a personal back and forth. Some people may enjoy that
particular back and forth, but if it's not central to the thread topic it can be a little

-swiss

S--not thinking of you at all - not even close - you post very trenchant stuff - it's rare when people do this - basically issue an order to stop talking about something because it rubs them them the wrong way - but the few times it happens - as it did here - i find it distasteful - just my opinion - and this board is, whether anyone wants to admit it or not - about 10% news and 90% opinion (as are most boards of this nature)
My apologies for my post, my intention was not to offend you. I suppose I forgot where I was for a moment there. Emotions are running high. This is a discussion board and we're living in a post-Life world now and things are different. I'm not asking anyone to stop the discussion. I just got a little annoyed by the fact that a book that was published almost 2 years ago is still the topic of discussion and the source for people's perception of what's going on with the band. Mick rocked the house and we're still thinking about Life. But I'm over it now. Please, continue unobstructed smiling smiley I'm sorry.

Date: May 23, 2012 17:12

GumbootCloggeroo
hbwriter
swiss

hbwriter
GumbootCloggeroo

-swiss

My apologies for my post, my intention was not to offend you. I suppose I forgot where I was for a moment there. Emotions are running high. This is a discussion board and we're living in a post-Life world now and things are different. I'm not asking anyone to stop the discussion. I just got a little annoyed by the fact that a book that was published almost 2 years ago is still the topic of discussion and the source for people's perception of what's going on with the band. Mick rocked the house and we're still thinking about Life. But I'm over it now. Please, continue unobstructed smiling smiley I'm sorry.

hey no worries at all - thanks for the gracious response - please know, the only reason i brought the book up is that, as i said, i'd just learned from someone close to it all that it is still raising some hell - smiling smiley and you know i think your posts rock -

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 23, 2012 17:16

Thank you, hbwriter, you're very kind! Your posts rock as well (especially the one where you said mine rock) smiling smiley

My question is, do we know for a fact that Mick decided to be on SNL on his own? Is there evidence to suggest that he wanted The Stones on there but it was Keith that declined due to one reason or another?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-23 17:16 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: May 23, 2012 17:34

Thanks, DandelionPowderman, for your post above.
You explained what I was thinking all better than I could.

I see no more wrong with implying that a discussion has gone off the track or into the ether,
than I do with someone saying it hasn't or it is still relevant, fwiw.. cool smiley

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home