Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Any news on next stones archive release?
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 27, 2012 23:59

lamemodem2
I'm always stunned by the amount of complaining that people do about this series of releases.

Try lurking a Grateful Dead forum!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: May 28, 2012 01:13

Yes, but The Dead have always had an open taping policy. So everything has been available before, just not in perfect quality that you hear on releases.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: May 28, 2012 16:39

as long as its good I guess I'll be happy. I would definately love El Mocambo or Parasidio from 1995

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: May 28, 2012 17:24

mark666
The problem with the 60's concerts are they were so short. Would they sell as well as longer concerts?

why not ? i would buy one song !

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 28, 2012 17:43

jamesfdouglas
LERIFFHUMAIN
AND WHY NOT A SHOW FROM THE SIXTIES WITH BRIAN ,,,,,, it would be a great idea........

Weren't their shows only 20-30 minutes back then?

Earlier on, yes, but 30-40 was more the norm in 1966-67 or so.

Who says it has to be just one show, though?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 28, 2012 17:46

audun-eg
Justin
Would've been great to have the Double Door in perfect multitrack quality but if it is the Phoenix 2005 show---that'd be just fine with me. I enjoyed hearing what I heard of the new "19th Nervous Breakdown" during that tour...only played twice. Here's the second time:

Terrible version.

I never was too fond of the original. This version is BRUTAL!
I'd forgotten about this, didn' they make a cheezy self-patting web-video about this???

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 28, 2012 17:49

Gazza
jamesfdouglas
LERIFFHUMAIN
AND WHY NOT A SHOW FROM THE SIXTIES WITH BRIAN ,,,,,, it would be a great idea........

Exactly. And if it is technically possible - there is proper material, and it is legalwise in their control to release - I don't see any reason why they wouldn't release it. In Mick and Keith's mind, I suppose they see their history and legacy a bit largel deal than Taylor vs. Wood issue...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-28 17:51 by Doxa.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 28, 2012 18:43

Doxa
Gazza
jamesfdouglas
LERIFFHUMAIN

Exactly. And if it is technically possible - there is proper material, and it is legalwise in their control to release - I don't see any reason why they wouldn't release it. In Mick and Keith's mind, I suppose they see their history and legacy a bit largel deal than Taylor vs. Wood issue...

- Doxa

Morgen, the director of upcoming documentary, said there is a ton of stuff from 64-66 in their archive

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: May 28, 2012 18:51

Yeah, Ive always thought if they did Brian era show it would be 2 or 3 shows.

Date: May 28, 2012 19:51

proudmary
Doxa
Gazza
jamesfdouglas
LERIFFHUMAIN

- Doxa

Morgen, the director of upcoming documentary, said there is a ton of stuff from 64-66 in their archive

Actually I have a hard on for that, but all in all, I think Mick & co have been so much searching their archives so I wouldn't be so surprised if they would surpise us with some Brian era show. One more of those "lovely things" to come...

- Doxa

Date: May 28, 2012 19:59

Besides, if they dare to release a "Vegas era" show, in order to cover more of their 50 year existence - is there any other reasan to do that? - with that logic they should release something also from their pre-1969 days. Namely, by 1969 they had already done their biggest influence to history of rock and roll and western culture. Even though the 'modern' rock show concept started for them in 1969, alongside the bootleg era, there was life before that as well...

- Doxa

Date: May 28, 2012 20:24

proudmary
Doxa
Gazza
jamesfdouglas
LERIFFHUMAIN

- Doxa

Really? Audio of concerts?

I'm amazed to read that, to be honest. Wouldn't have thought they would have had much of an eye on legacies back then, or that they'd have bothered recording shows too often. Plus, its likely to deteriorate over time if they dont use it.

Very encouraging to read that.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 29, 2012 01:55

Gazza
proudmary
Doxa
Gazza
jamesfdouglas
LERIFFHUMAIN

- Doxa

Really? Audio of concerts?

I'm amazed to read that, to be honest. Wouldn't have thought they would have had much of an eye on legacies back then, or that they'd have bothered recording shows too often. Plus, its likely to deteriorate over time if they dont use it.

Very encouraging to read that.

I think he was mainly speaking about TV stuff, interviews, snippets,etc.
Not so much complete live shows. But I'd be nevertheless grateful for every single new Brian era song . .

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 29, 2012 02:29

Doxa
Besides, if they dare to release a "Vegas era" show, in order to cover more of their 50 year existence - is there any other reasan to do that? - with that logic they should release something also from their pre-1969 days. Namely, by 1969 they had already done their biggest influence to history of rock and roll and western culture. Even though the 'modern' rock show concept started for them in 1969, alongside the bootleg era, there was life before that as well...

- Doxa

So true. We tend to forget how important their early days were to their legacy and to popular music as a whole. Remember, already by the late sixties people were talking about how amazingly long-lived the Stones were. And Keith was just starting to experiment with open G tuning (and heroin...). It's a bit of a crime -- historically -- not to release any shows from the Brian years. They won't be as crisp as Brussels sound-quality wise, or even musically, but there has to be something in that mystical vault that they can put out ...

Date: May 29, 2012 09:15

Justin
Would've been great to have the Double Door in perfect multitrack quality but if it is the Phoenix 2005 show---that'd be just fine with me. I enjoyed hearing what I heard of the new "19th Nervous Breakdown" during that tour...only played twice. Here's the second time:

I never heard this before! I find actually interesting. Thaey are trying to give it a new angle - and they certainly do! - and not just giving one-to-one copy of the original. Okay, Jagger treats the song almost like a joke, but I think it funnily works.

- Doxa

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 29, 2012 09:44

I didn't mean to cause any offence to the decent Polish and Ukranians on this message board. I was merely asking whether-or-not the situation with the far-right is as bad as the British media AND Foreign Office claim it to be. It's incredibly sad when black families are warned not to attend a football tournenent because they could face racial abuse.

Posted by: Muddyw ()
Date: May 29, 2012 09:53

I think Paradiso, Amsterdam, 1995, is much more interesting than Miami 94. A small club show from the "modern era".

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: May 30, 2012 21:47

Muddyw
I think Paradiso, Amsterdam, 1995, is much more interesting than Miami 94. A small club show from the "modern era".

Yes certainly. The '95 club shows (Amsterdam and London) are about the only ones I'd care anything about from the modern era.

Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: May 30, 2012 22:12

Tumblin_Dice_07
Muddyw

Yes certainly. The '95 club shows (Amsterdam and London) are about the only ones I'd care anything about from the modern era.

I agree up to a point but some of live licks stuff was mixed so well it made it sound exciting.... street fighting man for example. Looking forward to what Bob can do to the mix.

It may be like taking clingfilm off a diamond sound wise compared to the bootlegs we have.

can't wait.... gimmie gimmie gimmie!!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: May 30, 2012 22:59

Many of the later books that bashed Brian Jones go on about this period and how Brian would piss everybody off by playing a tune called 'popeye the sailor man' during certain songs to show his displeasure at the song (satisfaction?)
Now THAT recording would be a hoot!

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: May 30, 2012 23:34

The next release must only be days away. Can't wait. I'm hoping for something from '69 or '72.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 31, 2012 00:13

midimannz
Many of the later books that bashed Brian Jones go on about this period and how Brian would piss everybody off by playing a tune called 'popeye the sailor man' during certain songs to show his displeasure at the song (satisfaction?)
Now THAT recording would be a hoot!

Was Brian technically good enough to play the Popeye theme? tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 31, 2012 00:43

I just noticed something interesting - if you go to the t-shirt store on the Stones Archives site, they have reproductions of souvenier shirts from every trou from 72 through 89. None after that though.

That actually could be an indicator they have no intention of releasing post-89 shows.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: May 31, 2012 01:43

guessing atlantic city 89

Date: May 31, 2012 11:04

Wasn't it supposed to be a modern era club show that wasn't in circulation?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 31, 2012 12:46

artinis1

IF they decide to do this may they release the Dec. 17 show! Why? It's as good as the one from the 19th it has the same 3 guests and it would make a change from the PPV gig everyone has in one form or another.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 31, 2012 15:38

dcba
artinis1

IF they decide to do this may they release the Dec. 17 show! Why? It's as good as the one from the 19th it has the same 3 guests and it would make a change from the PPV gig everyone has in one form or another.

YEP, if it has to be AC89 this would be a good choice, or perhaps mixing those 3 shows from AC, they have done that with Brussels, too!

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: May 31, 2012 15:51

Should be out next week, right?

Date: May 31, 2012 15:52

First I've heard of it!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 31, 2012 16:34

well if they release an "archive" from post 1982 i will puke !

surely "archive" releases = something from the 60's - early 80's ?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1706
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home