Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Any news on next stones archive release?
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 22, 2012 14:32

Gazza
Doc
It is supposed to be Atlantic City 1989...

Not what I've heard. Much more recent than that, and if its true, its a show thats never circulated too.

Ugh! thumbs down

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 22, 2012 15:08

"Terrible version"

Not to me : at long last they rearrange their songs in a new fashion again.
For some reason the band stopped doing this a long time ago.
Remember LIV (LIB version vs the live ones from 1969) or even more emblematic, the versions of SFTD played thru the years.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 22, 2012 15:19

dcba
"Terrible version"

Not to me : at long last they rearrange their songs in a new fashion again.
For some reason the band stopped doing this a long time ago.
Remember LIV (LIB version vs the live ones from 1969) or even more emblematic, the versions of SFTD played thru the years.

Yes, but there's a difference to LIV or SFTD. Let's put it like this - the effort is noble, but the outcome is awful.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 22, 2012 15:23

dcba
Thx for the tip! I didn't even know this show took place... >grinning smiley<

This is the show I've heard is being worked on. Whether its true or not, I guess we'll find out soon.

Personally, out of all the Vegas-era shows to pick, I find it a very, very odd choice.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 22, 2012 16:04

IF they should go into "Vegas" era there are much better shows around like:

95 Club shows
2002 Club shows
99 gigs (best of San Jose), etc.

Date: May 22, 2012 16:36

"the outcome is awful"

Let's say it would have needed a few more interpretations... ("very diplomatic")

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: May 22, 2012 21:41

Gazza
dcba
Thx for the tip! I didn't even know this show took place... >grinning smiley<

This is the show I've heard is being worked on. Whether its true or not, I guess we'll find out soon.

Personally, out of all the Vegas-era shows to pick, I find it a very, very odd choice.

I think it's really odd too. Plus, it goes against the "well-known bootleg" concept that they've apparently been using. Maybe there's something about this show that's special to the band.....if the rumor is indeed true....

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 22, 2012 21:44

The Phoenix show is also much shorter than what we've gotten in past archive releases...it'd be great if we got a twofer with this release....a '95 Club show and the '05 club show. Ten year difference....good number there.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 22, 2012 23:25

Phoenix setlist is cool but short yes.
[www.iorr.org]

But that one is not a well known show and would pleased fans only. For a Google impact AC 89 is a must due to EC, Axl and John Lee presence.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-22 23:26 by toomuchforme.

Posted by: artinis1 ()
Date: May 22, 2012 23:42

the phoenix show is way too short and it would not fit in with the previous releases, that is full length shows, unless they release 2 clubs shows at once for the price they have been charging

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: May 23, 2012 00:10

toomuchforme
Phoenix setlist is cool but short yes.
[www.iorr.org]

Short list indeed but on that page it says

Show start : 9:35 pm
Show end : 11:20 pm

Is that right?

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: May 23, 2012 00:18

If that's the case then it's longer than Brussels.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: May 23, 2012 01:15

As long as it's not Atlantic City 89 or Miami 94...I mean come on, those have been available in excellent quality for years.

Date: May 23, 2012 01:44

artinis1
the phoenix show is way too short and it would not fit in with the previous releases, that is full length shows, unless they release 2 clubs shows at once for the price they have been charging

So basically you're saying this rules out the chances of any shows prior to 1975?

The Brussels Affair boot, whilst taken from two shows, was only around 80 minutes in length, and the length of a full-length show from that era.

Date: May 23, 2012 02:10

Miami 94 technically isn't even a bootleg. there's an official DVD (although lousy quality).

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: May 23, 2012 03:08

Well I for one will not be at all excited for anything post 1981.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: May 23, 2012 03:11

I'm always stunned by the amount of complaining that people do about this series of releases.

Date: May 23, 2012 03:36

Well, I wasn't excited about LA Friday initially, but it is my favorite so far of the bootleg series. Not because it is the best performance (that would be Brussels hands down, IMO), but because it was so new to me having virtually ignored 75 due to the lack of soundboards. I just don't see Atlantic City 89 or Miami 94 being that revelatory.

I would be interested in what Bob Clearmountain could do with these and I'm grateful for this series for what has already come out, but I would prefer something other than these. Is anybody really excited about either one of these being the next release?

Date: May 23, 2012 12:13

Kevinrm15
Well I for one will not be at all excited for anything post 1981.

Not even the 100 Club-show from 1986?

Personally, I would like one of the 1995 club shows, or even better a club show from 1982...

Date: May 23, 2012 12:21

If Toronto 2005 is next what tells us it won't be a heavily overdubbed release (à la Austin 2006)? Since there is no aud tape to compare it to, Jagger could indulge in many cosmetic improvements... and ask Pierre to the dirty work!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-23 13:10 by dcba.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: May 23, 2012 12:32

Is there any reason why it cannnot be Muddy Waters and RS at the Checkerboard Lounge (which will be released in a couple of weeks on DVD remastered by Bob Clearmountain)?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-23 12:41 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 23, 2012 12:51

Stoneswolf
Is there any reason why it cannnot be Muddy Waters and RS at the Checkerboard Lounge (which will be released in a couple of weeks on DVD remastered by Bob Clearmountain)?

Yes, because (1)this wasn´t a real "Rolling Stones performance" and (2) the DVD comes togethers with a audio-cd, as far as I know!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 23, 2012 13:15

There is no doubt whatsoever that a 2005 show should not be included in the first set of 6 Archive releases.

That said, IF they reased this particular show, it would make ME happy. I have a soft spot for the ABB album and tour, and would love to have a proper release of a true ABB concert (the BB DVD's are too overdubbed, SAL has no ABB songs, the best boots don't have a great sound).

C

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 23, 2012 13:57

Though I would pick other shows first, I would be very happy with the Phoenix club show. Plus maybe there will be other releases after the six already promised? Hope so.

Date: May 23, 2012 14:29

muenke
Stoneswolf

Yes, because (1)this wasn´t a real "Rolling Stones performance" and (2) the DVD comes togethers with a audio-cd, as far as I know!

Correct on both counts.

Date: May 23, 2012 14:31

dcba
If Toronto 2005 is next what tells us it won't be a heavily overdubbed release (à la Austin 2006)? Since there is no aud tape to compare it to, Jagger could indulge in many cosmetic improvements... and ask Pierre to the dirty work!

a) the fact that none of the other archive releases had overdubs
b) the fact that there's no audience tape of some of the Brussels boot to be compared to as well.

Date: May 23, 2012 14:34

Gazza
dcba

a) the fact that none of the other archive releases had overdubs
b) the fact that there's no audience tape of some of the Brussels boot to be compared to as well.

Aren't some of the tracks (5 or 6 tracks on CD 3, I think) on the bootleg "Who Went To Church Last Sunday")? They might be bad soundboard, though.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: May 27, 2012 23:08

Bump!

Date: May 27, 2012 23:35

Those out there hankering for some live 60s Brian-era Stones, I share your pain. But in the meantime, I'd like to remind you about the existence of this:

[stonesliveanthology.com]

Anyways, who knows who's in posession of the original radio broadcast tapes of the Honolulu '66, St. Kilda '66 or Paris '65-'67 shows at this point, or if they even still exist? Pity, as I really think there's some fantastic performances scattered throughout these shows.

Still blows my mind that other than the abbreviated TAMI set, no full live pro-shot Brian-era Stones show exists (R&R Circus with a half-comatose Brian doesn't count).

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 27, 2012 23:44

LERIFFHUMAIN
AND WHY NOT A SHOW FROM THE SIXTIES WITH BRIAN ,,,,,, it would be a great idea........

Weren't their shows only 20-30 minutes back then?

[thepowergoats.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home