Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Any reviews on Mick Taylor NYC May 9???
Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: May 12, 2012 03:31

Justin
K, here's the video!

Thanks Justin, Hope you enjoyed the BB as well.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 12, 2012 04:09

Thanks Tkl7! It was a fantastic time...wish I was there an extra day to catch Mick Taylor's full set.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: May 12, 2012 06:43

Justin
K, here's the video!

Thank you for sharing this fantastic video! Very nice and very bluesy. Call me crazy but Mick's singing on this one sounds pretty nice... If he ever does tour with the Stones, he should be allowed a solo or two!

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: May 12, 2012 07:04

I just got back and it was very good. He played great...The show wasa a little over 1 hour

SOUL

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 12, 2012 11:36

Blue
Justin
K, here's the video!

Thank you for sharing this fantastic video! Very nice and very bluesy. Call me crazy but Mick's singing on this one sounds pretty nice... If he ever does tour with the Stones, he should be allowed a solo or two!
Great. Would be wonderful having Mick T back for the next tour. He would give the guitar playing in Stones more power / energy.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 12, 2012 16:23

Max'sKansasCity
Father Ted
If MT plays with the Stones next year, I would see him coming on as a guest for a portion of the show, rather than playing for entire show (although it would be magic if everyone was cool with him playing for a full show).
thumbs upGreat point/concept FT.... and "a portion of the show" is all that it would take to attract MT fans... I bet everyone would be very happy to have him on 5-6 MT songs.. and it would sell a lot of tickets
Eh, it would sell alot of tickets for hardcores. But hardcores are gonna be buying tickets anyway. As many have said, they don't need "unknown" Mick Taylor to acquire an audience. But as a fan that does know Mick Taylor, I would love to see him up there again.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 12, 2012 16:36

RollingFreak
Max'sKansasCity
Father Ted
If MT plays with the Stones next year, I would see him coming on as a guest for a portion of the show, rather than playing for entire show (although it would be magic if everyone was cool with him playing for a full show).
thumbs upGreat point/concept FT.... and "a portion of the show" is all that it would take to attract MT fans... I bet everyone would be very happy to have him on 5-6 MT songs.. and it would sell a lot of tickets
Eh, it would sell alot of tickets for hardcores. But hardcores are gonna be buying tickets anyway. As many have said, they don't need "unknown" Mick Taylor to acquire an audience. But as a fan that does know Mick Taylor, I would love to see him up there again.
Quite some hard core fans don't go anymore because of the "same old thing". Maybe Mick T for the last tour would indeed lift the spirit of these hard core fans.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 12, 2012 17:05

mtaylor
RollingFreak
Max'sKansasCity
Father Ted
Quite some hard core fans don't go anymore because of the "same old thing". Maybe Mick T for the last tour would indeed lift the spirit of these hard core fans.
While I agree they may have stopped going, hardcores will be going anyway for the 50th/last tour go around. Mick Taylor seems like it'll add more desire I guess, but I'm pretty sure the hardcores would be going anyway for the events surrounding this tour.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 12, 2012 17:49

RollingFreak
mtaylor
RollingFreak
Max'sKansasCity
Father Ted
While I agree they may have stopped going, hardcores will be going anyway for the 50th/last tour go around. Mick Taylor seems like it'll add more desire I guess, but I'm pretty sure the hardcores would be going anyway for the events surrounding this tour.

Now that recently Plundered and the whole Exile bunch has been released and Ladies & Gentlemen (on DVD and in the cinemas of at least the US and Europe) and the cousin of the famous Brussels bootleg in download format and now that Taylor has that much exposure in the US and on Iorr, it has become almost unthinkable him not to perform substantially with the Stones when (not if) they will perform next year, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the band.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 12, 2012 22:25

5/11/12

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 13, 2012 00:07

with all the pics/videos, it seems like the Iridium is ok with cameras furing the show, huh? I'll try and get some shots on monday.

I wonder if the set list will be any different when he plays with the Les Paul trio, instead,

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: May 13, 2012 09:15

Just saw Mick & FRiends both shows this Saturday Evening....The first show was excellent...But The Second Show Was Supercharged!

His Sweet Slide Was Extra Special

SOULSURVIVOR

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 13, 2012 12:50

Iridium NYC - 5-9-12 (Late Show)

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: May 13, 2012 15:47

Lien

Thanks for these great tracks!
CrazyMama

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 13, 2012 17:23

Great version of No Expectations. Love the intro and outro and that wonderful solo between 3:40 and 4:30.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 13, 2012 18:05

Great stuff. Thanks for the videos!!!
Hopeto see him in Holland again.
Great Musiscian and humble man, as opposed to.......
Would be great o see him perform with the Stones in 2013.
Jeroen

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 13, 2012 18:10

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
micwer
He played for a good 1h30 during Thursday's second set. He looked exhausted at the end (and turned down a bunch of people who were looking for autographs in quite an obnoxious manner) so I don't see him carrying a 2h30 show for weeks. At least not now.

I don't see the Stones doing more than a 90 minutes set, tops.

Me neither, and if they will tour it will be a luxury tour, without any hardships at all. All very smooth and comfortable. It would be a treat for Taylor, almost a health cure.

I don't think Taylor's health is inferior to certain others in the band either...

you mean keith...let's call a spade a spade.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: May 13, 2012 19:02

Lien

Thanks so much, Lien!
Looks like a great show.

Posted by: mecormany ()
Date: May 14, 2012 08:34

Bless you, Lien. These are great. Viva el MT!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 15, 2012 23:37

kleermaker
Great version of No Expectations. Love the intro and outro and that wonderful solo between 3:40 and 4:30.

The intro is a mess and that so called solo is horrible! thumbs down

Date: May 15, 2012 23:55

kleermaker

I've enjoyed many of the Taylor-video clips from Iridium, but this is just sad, imo. Why not let the other guy take care of the open tuning, so Taylor wouldn't be occupied with sorting out the scales - and focus on the playing?

Date: May 15, 2012 23:58

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
micwer
He played for a good 1h30 during Thursday's second set. He looked exhausted at the end (and turned down a bunch of people who were looking for autographs in quite an obnoxious manner) so I don't see him carrying a 2h30 show for weeks. At least not now.

I don't see the Stones doing more than a 90 minutes set, tops.

Me neither, and if they will tour it will be a luxury tour, without any hardships at all. All very smooth and comfortable. It would be a treat for Taylor, almost a health cure.

I don't think Taylor's health is inferior to certain others in the band either...

you mean keith...let's call a spade a spade.

I was thinking about Ronnie. Nothing can knock out Keith winking smiley

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: May 16, 2012 01:05

saw Mick last night...barely.

Although what he did was great, he only played 4 songs and an instrumental Cant You Hear Me Knocking. He may have been on stage for 50 minutes, tops.

Due to conflicts I had , I could only see the Monday night show, which was billed as Mick T. with the Les Paul Trio, but I didnt realize that the trio would play w/out Mick for 1/2 hour, thus cutting his show so short.

Did anyone catch the 10PM show? Did he play any longer?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: May 16, 2012 02:25

Why does he play less than 1 hour? Yikes! Does he care nothing for the fans? 50 minutes is 1/2 a show!

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 16, 2012 03:28

His Majesty
kleermaker

The intro is a mess and that so called solo is horrible! thumbs down

I painfully agree. I've watched all the clips and these two shows and I didn't see anything near the Mick Taylor we remember best. He's got soul and there are flashes of it, but not enough. I wish I could agree with the (apparent) majority. God bless Mick, though, I truly love the man.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1522
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home