Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Dead Flowers - my backyard take on it
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 10, 2012 22:22

liddas
Just as a matter of curiosity, in Italy "bird" is synonymous of "penis" (not joking). Is this what you are talking about?

C

Nope we are talking about birds

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 11, 2012 01:06

I'm a bit late, but nice job NL it desserve to be cut on wax, congrats thumbs up

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-11 01:07 by Honestman.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 11, 2012 01:20

SwayStones
I didn't know you had moved from San Francisco,swiss .

<<Mighty redwood groves and crashing ocean, just steps from one another. <<
Yes, I was surprised when I saw the diversity of he landscapes on the photos Naturalust sent me ..the ocean so close to the forests ...Ha,it makes me want to go back to California now smiling smiley

hi Sway -- thought I'd mentioned that! Moved in November. Here through June working on a project then...? don't rightly know. If I have to leave Cali, I'll definitely return one day to this area or SF. You should come visit - you already have plenty o' friends here smiling smiley
-swiss

Posted by: CherokeeStone ()
Date: May 11, 2012 01:33

Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust
I think the record for bird splash fight is 13 birds at one time.... it has me rolling of the floor laughing. Then one time I looked out and it was a monster sized hawk.... 2 feet tall...

Sounds like Alice in Wonderland Max, I'll bet you've got little mushrooms growing in the backyard too? lol peace

NL, are you doubting what I see/say? come on man....

No Max you misunderstood me. I am a stand for you bro, I just wanted whatever it is I thought you were smokin talkin about 2 feet tall hawks! lol Man that is a great video, really enjoyed it. You have some damn dirty birds in KC huh? Came to the bath a blackbird and left a cardinal!

It is quite unusual to see a hawk bathing...He probably came for dinner and was using the bath trick to lure young blackbirds to the table. I suspect you might have added some spirits to the bath water, that hawk looks a bit drunk after his bath. he haw

Now, tell me what kind of hawk it is and I'll be really impressed. (ps I already know the answer) Take your time. Thanks for that post. I love your birdbath, that ain't no plastic Kmart job, looks more like a Roman bird bath. No wonder you are attracting hawks!

Ok one bird story. I was in one of the pastures at my old ranch bringing feed to the horses and sheep and I heard this insane screeching and crying from the sky. I looked up and there was this cloud of feathers free- falling from the sky. Wow. I kept my eyes on in and it fell from a couple hundred feet to about 30 feet from the ground and then a HUGE Blue heron separated from the feather ball and calmly flew down the valley toward the ocean into the sunset. The other half of the ball hit the ground with a thud, feathers everywhere.

I ran up the hill to see what it was and it was a huge Red Tailed hawk that just had it's ass kicked by this majestic Blue Heron. He was just sitting on the ground looked dazed. I of course left him alone and he healed up and flew later that same day. Amazing.

Did you know hawks breed for life? We have several mating pairs on our ranch now, red shouldered, red tailed, marsh hawks and coopers hawks and this year a pair of golden eagles. They are BIG, wingspan I'd guess at 7 or 8 feet. They are good for the farm, keep the rodent population down. In Alberta there was a report a couple years back of a Golden eagle picking up a bear cub and flying off with it! Seeing these ones I don't doubt it possible. peace

Naturalust checkout Eagle Rock (by Daddy Cool 1971) ya might like it

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 11, 2012 03:36

Thanks Honestman! Whoo Hoo. I really like your enthusiasm and great posts so the nod from you is meaningful to me, there is no doubt in my mind that you are about as solid of a Stones fan as they get. You rock!

Never too late, once it's recorded it becomes somewhat timeless. In fact leave it long enough and it becomes something magically better because you can't remember ever playing it! It's like who the frock is that? Sounds good man,....background voice "That's you dude what's happened to your memory man".

swiss I'm up for a iorr bay area get together. I could even host it in the bar built iinto one of the barns. That way I can drink and crawl home pretty easily. Seriously, lotsa room for campers and a great surf break in the front yard. I think we better talk about it over a good meal in Santa Cruz soon, see where it goes. How many of us do you think there are? I'm thinking it would be a small but fun little group of ten or so folks but I may be wrong. And this is pretty remote for someone who live in east bay etc.

Check out the eco resort for nearby for serious luxury yuppie camping, spa, horses, bar, and very close by www.costanoa.com Maybe bv has a fund for this sort of thing and we could apply for a grant...ok I'm spinning out of control now. I used to play alot of shows there when I could afford to play for what they pay. They can't afford me anymore but I miss the good vibes and eco minded people.

Thanks too CherokeeStone , I'll look for Eagle Rock, but tell me is it a song a book or a film? That'll get me going the right direction.

liddas penis=bird? wtf? That's friggin strange cause I never heard a penis sing or saw one fly. Where the heck does that come from? Do I need to be aware of talking about birds around my Italian friends now? You can pretty much count on taking my words at face value here I'm not hiding any meanings. Now with my songs you never can tell, if you hear bird and think penis you may just be onto something.... peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-11 03:54 by Naturalust.

Date: May 11, 2012 05:07

Naturalust
Thanks Honestman! Whoo Hoo. I really like your enthusiasm and great posts so the nod from you is meaningful to me, there is no doubt in my mind that you are about as solid of a Stones fan as they get. You rock!

Never too late, once it's recorded it becomes somewhat timeless. In fact leave it long enough and it becomes something magically better because you can't remember ever playing it! It's like who the frock is that? Sounds good man,....background voice "That's you dude what's happened to your memory man".

swiss I'm up for a iorr bay area get together. I could even host it in the bar built iinto one of the barns. That way I can drink and crawl home pretty easily. Seriously, lotsa room for campers and a great surf break in the front yard. I think we better talk about it over a good meal in Santa Cruz soon, see where it goes. How many of us do you think there are? I'm thinking it would be a small but fun little group of ten or so folks but I may be wrong. And this is pretty remote for someone who live in east bay etc.

Check out the eco resort for nearby for serious luxury yuppie camping, spa, horses, bar, and very close by www.costanoa.com Maybe bv has a fund for this sort of thing and we could apply for a grant...ok I'm spinning out of control now. I used to play alot of shows there when I could afford to play for what they pay. They can't afford me anymore but I miss the good vibes and eco minded people.

Thanks too CherokeeStone , I'll look for Eagle Rock, but tell me is it a song a book or a film? That'll get me going the right direction.

liddas penis=bird? wtf? That's friggin strange cause I never heard a penis sing or saw one fly. Where the heck does that come from? Do I need to be aware of talking about birds around my Italian friends now? You can pretty much count on taking my words at face value here I'm not hiding any meanings. Now with my songs you never can tell, if you hear bird and think penis you may just be onto something.... peace

Naturalust Eagle Rock is a song by an Aussie band Daddy Cool smoking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 11, 2012 10:05

Ok CherokeeStone, you mean this one? It sure beats the hell out of Bardot, thanks for that, very cool. peace

Date: May 11, 2012 11:24

Naturalust
Ok CherokeeStone, you mean this one? It sure beats the hell out of Bardot, thanks for that, very cool. peace

thumbs up

Posted by: CheyenneStone ()
Date: May 13, 2012 01:11

Naturalust
Max'sKansasCity
Naturalust
I think the record for bird splash fight is 13 birds at one time.... it has me rolling of the floor laughing. Then one time I looked out and it was a monster sized hawk.... 2 feet tall...

Sounds like Alice in Wonderland Max, I'll bet you've got little mushrooms growing in the backyard too? lol peace

NL, are you doubting what I see/say? come on man....

No Max you misunderstood me. I am a stand for you bro, I just wanted whatever it is I thought you were smokin talkin about 2 feet tall hawks! lol Man that is a great video, really enjoyed it. You have some damn dirty birds in KC huh? Came to the bath a blackbird and left a cardinal!

It is quite unusual to see a hawk bathing...He probably came for dinner and was using the bath trick to lure young blackbirds to the table. I suspect you might have added some spirits to the bath water, that hawk looks a bit drunk after his bath. he haw

Now, tell me what kind of hawk it is and I'll be really impressed. (ps I already know the answer) Take your time. Thanks for that post. I love your birdbath, that ain't no plastic Kmart job, looks more like a Roman bird bath. No wonder you are attracting hawks!

Ok one bird story. I was in one of the pastures at my old ranch bringing feed to the horses and sheep and I heard this insane screeching and crying from the sky. I looked up and there was this cloud of feathers free- falling from the sky. Wow. I kept my eyes on in and it fell from a couple hundred feet to about 30 feet from the ground and then a HUGE Blue heron separated from the feather ball and calmly flew down the valley toward the ocean into the sunset. The other half of the ball hit the ground with a thud, feathers everywhere.

I ran up the hill to see what it was and it was a huge Red Tailed hawk that just had it's ass kicked by this majestic Blue Heron. He was just sitting on the ground looked dazed. I of course left him alone and he healed up and flew later that same day. Amazing.

Did you know hawks breed for life? We have several mating pairs on our ranch now, red shouldered, red tailed, marsh hawks and coopers hawks and this year a pair of golden eagles. They are BIG, wingspan I'd guess at 7 or 8 feet. They are good for the farm, keep the rodent population down. In Alberta there was a report a couple years back of a Golden eagle picking up a bear cub and flying off with it! Seeing these ones I don't doubt it possible. peace

I've always thought the Hawk and Eagle to be more wiser than the Owl.They're also a very street wise bird

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home