Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Free Stones Shows ??
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: May 3, 2012 03:50

Is this written by the same Aussie that claimed Charlie quit the band ?

The Rolling Stones Planning 20-Date Tour, Australian Show Likely?
WRITTEN BY BRAYDEN DARKE ON 3RD MAY, 2012

The Rolling Stones 50th anniversary tour, which has been “on the cards” for a while now, looks to be becoming more of a possibility with more info that we’ve heard today. It now seems they’re planning for 20 dates around the world, with an Australian date very likely, and these shows could also be free.

Herald Sun music reporter Nui Te Koha spoke to Triple M this morning about the iconic rock legends new plans to tour.

“There is going to be a big concert worldwide. The Rolling Stones are thinking 20 dates around the world. They have to be landmark cities to fit in with this vibe”

“The word is the concerts are going to be free and that it’s all going to be sponsored by corporates. That’s the latest mail. You would have to think Australia is in the mix for one of the 20 spots up for grabs, surely.”

There ware talks about them coming to Australia as a part of their anniversary tour this year, with goldcoast.com.au reporting that there had been discussions about “planning another Aussie run”.

However, guitarist Keith Richards and frontman Mick Jagger said that the band are just not quite ready to hit the road yet, but 2013 could be the new goal and that they have “a feeling that’s more realistic”.

[musicfeeds.com.au]

Re: Free Stones Shows ??
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 3, 2012 04:10

No. That was Paul Cashmere.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 3, 2012 04:20

Free? Stones? YIPPEEE!!!
What could possibly go wrong?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 3, 2012 08:38

Fair Enough! Time for 600.000 people in the park again....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 3, 2012 08:57

Max'sKansasCity
Free? Stones? YIPPEEE!!!
What could possibly go wrong?

OK, that was a good one.

Date: May 3, 2012 15:58

Free Stones Shows...

Well...Stones Financial Advisors Team has just issued this photo-message.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 3, 2012 16:13

Golden Gate Park will never be the same, I guess I'll hire one of the local squatters now to reserve my place in the grass......the best seats are never free for Stones concerts.

Love the idea but this guys obviously been smokin' the lambsbread....I like the idea of a series of shows at less that 20 locations better. I'm willing to hit the road for this round but have to believe San Francisco proper is high on the list this time. Full circle around the karmic wheel with our City welcoming them with open arm into our park by the bridge. peace

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 3, 2012 16:14

Cool idea

Date: May 3, 2012 16:42

Naturalust
Golden Gate Park will never be the same, I guess I'll hire one of the local squatters now to reserve my place in the grass......the best seats are never free for Stones concerts.

Love the idea but this guys obviously been smokin' the lambsbread....I like the idea of a series of shows at less that 20 locations better. I'm willing to hit the road for this round but have to believe San Francisco proper is high on the list this time. Full circle around the karmic wheel with our City welcoming them with open arm into our park by the bridge. peace

As long as they don't get the Angels for security, this might work.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 3, 2012 16:58

Free shows? What a nightmare.

Date: May 3, 2012 18:59

Damn, I hate that picture EG. That is a murder taking place and I think we all know the story. Whatever. peace

Date: May 3, 2012 20:45

Edith Grove

I always wondered... were they expecting there to be a lot of pool tables,
or are pool cues something the Angels just always carried around... just in case....
or maybe they told there would be pool tables... and there werent, and that is what made them so mad...

Date: May 3, 2012 20:47

Naturalust
Damn, I hate that picture EG. That is a murder taking place and I think we all know the story. Whatever. peace

No, the murder happened at nighttime, with a knife.

Not a pretty picture anyway.

Date: May 3, 2012 21:00

Max'sKansasCity
or are pool cues something the Angels just always carried around... just in case....
or maybe they told there would be pool tables... and there werent, and that is what made them so mad...

I know you're joking, but the Angels used pool cues on anyone who simply rubbed them the wrong way.

This particular pic might be when a fan touched their bikes, which is a capital crime in biker land.

Date: May 3, 2012 21:07

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

I know you're joking, but the Angels used pool cues on anyone who simply rubbed them the wrong way.

This particular pic might be when a fan touched their bikes, which is a capital crime in biker land.

Not really kidding.... it is not very funny. I actually wonder... who takes pool cues to a concert? and it is even worse if they are security. If you hired some security guys and they showed up with pool cues what would you think/say? ...

I always wondered... "pool cues"? maybe brass knuckles or nunchucks... but full sized pool cues?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 21:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 3, 2012 21:22

As a survivor of more than enough bar room brawls (only a witness never a participant), I can tell you that a pool cue is a formidable weapon. Better range and versatility than either brass knuckles or nunchucks and far easier to wield than a chair. The blount end is strong & hard and will do some serious damage upside the head as well as other places around the body. Also, if the driver of the bus that day was pulled over with a bunch of brass knuckles & nunchucks, they'd be considered weapons. Pool cues would not be classified as carrying weapons yet once on site, they'd perform the role quite well as seen in the above picture.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 3, 2012 21:26

mr_dja
As a survivor of more than enough bar room brawls (only a witness never a participant), I can tell you that a pool cue is a formidable weapon. Better range and versatility than either brass knuckles or nunchucks and far easier to wield than a chair. The blount end is strong & hard and will do some serious damage upside the head as well as other places around the body. Also, if the driver of the bus that day was pulled over with a bunch of brass knuckles & nunchucks, they'd be considered weapons. Pool cues would not be classified as carrying weapons yet once on site, they'd perform the role quite well as seen in the above picture.

Peace,
Mr DJA

I'll buy that explaination, thanks Mr DJA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 21:28 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: May 3, 2012 21:41

Max'sKansasCity
I always wondered... "pool cues"? maybe brass knuckles or nunchucks... but full sized pool cues?

Look how they're holding the cues.
They are holding the small end, and hitting the victim with the heavy end.

Since a pool cue is rather long, the heavy end would hit the victim with much more velocity than a short stick.

You're a gearhead, Max, you should know that.

Date: May 3, 2012 21:47

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

Since a pool cue is rather long, the heavy end would hit the victim with much more velocity than a short stick.

I understand the value of a pool cue as weapon, what I didnt get was the carrying around of pool cues... while they are riding their bikes down the highway/road with their pool cues strapped to their backs... just like..... lookin for a friendly game of pool... but if the cues were carried around in the gang bus... that explains it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-03 21:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: May 3, 2012 21:54

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the Stones to do anything for free.

Date: May 4, 2012 00:28

Max'sKansasCity
Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

I understand the value of a pool cue as weapon, what I didnt get was the carrying around of pool cues... while they are riding their bikes down the highway/road with their pool cues strapped to their backs... just like..... lookin for a friendly game of pool... but if the cues were carried around in the gang bus... that explains it.

Wow I didn't know that there was more than one pool stick beating in front of the stage that day. Wow. Look at the guys with the cameras right up close getting pictures of the whole thing. Those cameras could prove to be the weapons of final judgement where those bully bikers are concerned. I wonder if those pictures ever came to light or maybe the Angels beat those guys up and took the film shortly after this picture was taken. Damn what a freaky scene.

I am a peaceful man but do have some helpful knowledge this type of fight. I'd rather take on a guy with a poolstick than a billy club. Maybe it's just my years of Gracie Jujitsu training, but it's pretty easy to get inside the damage range of a poolstick, get up close and personal with the big guy weilding it, put him on the ground and quickly to sleep with a choke hold. Then just walk away. Closing the distance on big strong guys is esential to prevent getting knocked out with a lucky punch or swing of the stick in this case.

Gracie Jujitsu gave me the confidence to do just that and I highly recommend it to anyone who finds the need to walk this world without feeling threatened or victimized by stronger seemingly mismatched bullies and bad guys.

As far as the thick end of the stick goes I thing the relavent property here is "Force" and the equations Force = mass x velocity/time .

So, by closing the distance we can reduce the force of impact in three ways!
---the mass is less closer to the thin end
---the velocity is less because the farthest end of the stick is moving faster
---If you can INCREASE the time the stick is touching your body, like grabbing and holding it the force will be proportionally reduced. It's why a boxer rides back with the punch, more time the opponents glove is on his head the less it hurts!

Ok enough fun with physics..... peace (or else)

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 5, 2012 05:29

Edith Grove
Max'sKansasCity

I think this particular situation was when they were beating up that poor naked big guy who was pictured quite a few times before it happened.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1185
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home