Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
first Stones bootleg
Posted by: johang ()
Date: May 2, 2012 07:36

Nicaraguan earthquake victimes 73, still love it specially Im free... that would be a great archive release....

Re: first Stones bootleg
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 2, 2012 09:25

this is complete news for me...thought it was 'Liver than you'll ever be' from Oakland Coliseum 1969....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 2, 2012 09:29

johang
Nicaraguan earthquake victimes 73, still love it specially Im free... that would be a great archive release....

On vinyl?
Very cool. I remember ordering a bootleg cassette of this in the mid-80s .....by phone! I saw it in a catalogue. I was so excited I kept telling the guy over and over - 'I can't believe I found this!'

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 2, 2012 12:51

johang

They didn't play that there...

Date: May 2, 2012 13:00

Brown Sugar
Bitch
Rocks Off
Gimme Shelter
Route 66
It's All Over Now
Happy
Tumbling Dice
No Expectations
Sweet Virginia
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Dead Flowers
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
All Down The Line
Rip This Joint
Jumping Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 2, 2012 13:16

Happy Birthday Charlie from 1972

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 2, 2012 13:16

Back in 93 I got Welcome to NY from a french CD store ... I didn't even have a CD player.

Date: May 2, 2012 13:30

My two first bootlegs were "One More Time" (Gothenburg 1982) and "Hold On Tight" (MSG 1975). I don't remember which one I got first.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 2, 2012 13:43

philadelphia special-1972

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: May 2, 2012 13:57

My ever first boot was from TOTA 75: "Sad songs is all i know...."
I loved the distorted and guitar phased versions of angie & wild horses

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 2, 2012 14:03

Liver, then very soon after, the EP with the Chess outtakes.

Anyone remember Rochdale College, Bloor St Toronto, there was a small record store there that had those early boots, Dylan's Great White Wonder was around that time as well. Ah memories......

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: May 2, 2012 14:16

Stoned concerts.....does anyone remember the mail order co. in chapel hill nc.? called "the rock'n roll university" run by a guy named wayne rogers ?

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: May 2, 2012 14:20

The very first Stones bootleg must be "Cops and Robbers" on EP.... I think it was released around 1968/69....

My first Stones bootleg was "Lips" (Hyde Park 69 / Zuiderpark The Hague 1976)

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 2, 2012 14:40

Very Ancient, Thank You Kindly

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 2, 2012 17:19

Not shure anymore but I thinK my first vinyls were:
We never got it on till Detroit and Liver

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: May 2, 2012 17:24

I'm became a fan in 1989 and my first bootleg (cd) was the Japanese release "Urban Jungle" aka Wembly 1990, which was later released as Seventh of July. Still one of my favorite bootlegs.
The funy thing is, because of the great quality of this cd, I thought that all the bootlegs were in such fantastic quality. Ofcourse I soon found out that was not the case!eye rolling smileysmiling smiley

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: May 2, 2012 17:39

Rock-out Cock-out in 1977, I'd say
If You Can't Rock Me in 1977/early 78
and then came the flood from the 1978 tour...

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: May 2, 2012 17:59

I think mine was called Mad Shadows.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: May 2, 2012 18:22

detroitken
Stoned concerts.....does anyone remember the mail order co. in chapel hill nc.? called "the rock'n roll university" run by a guy named wayne rogers ?

Sure do. I still have a "catalog" (remember it was just written on a TYPEWRITER!!)
postmarked sep 22 1973 with an 8 cent Eisenhower stamp on it..
it says "Single LPs $3.75 (sorry for the price increase but my suppliers have put the bite on me)" it also states "Postage-remember .its $.50 oer order NOT per record"! THOSE WERE THE DAYS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-02 18:23 by scottkeef.

Date: May 2, 2012 18:24

keefbajaga
The very first Stones bootleg must be "Cops and Robbers" on EP.... I think it was released around 1968/69....

My first Stones bootleg was "Lips" (Hyde Park 69 / Zuiderpark The Hague 1976)

I believe I bought my "Cops" as a new release per mailorder in 1973.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 2, 2012 18:25

Mine could be the Hyde park cd on a crap Italian label (Red Panther?). Found it at Gibert Jeune around 1989. I was hooked on collecting boots...

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 2, 2012 18:36

My first one was "Atlantic City 89" (could be bought regulary in stores back around 1990), followed by "Get yer leeds lungs out" ....

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 2, 2012 18:42

My first was 'Claudine. Accidents WIll Happen'

Posted by: batonrouge75 ()
Date: May 2, 2012 19:14

Nasty Music on LP.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 2, 2012 19:25

Live from Detroit - dbl. LP
New York Tour - Passiac 78 dbl. LP

The Stars In the Sky they never lie - 73 tour LP

all from a record fair in 1981 or maybe '82

sc uk

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: May 2, 2012 21:37

scottkeef
detroitken

Sure do. I still have a "catalog" (remember it was just written on a TYPEWRITER!!)
it says "Single LPs $3.75 (sorry for the price increase but my suppliers have put the bite on me)" it also states "Postage-remember .its $.50 oer order NOT per record"! THOSE WERE THE DAYS

I still have several "catalogs" too...1st boot i boughtfrom them(for$3.75)was "stone relics"..summer 73.....the "stoned concerts" boot i bought in dec.70...

Date: May 2, 2012 21:45

It seemed like there were several good mail order bootlegs places out of NC back then!

Posted by: lippmann ()
Date: May 2, 2012 21:56

you know, the time of the great bands, was really a faboulous area, but recording techniques were in their infancy. you might dig out that old 78 that propably sounds like this ! one of the greatest versions of gimmie shelter follows, from burnin at the hollywood palladium, but just a snippet, but long enough to know that this was my invitation!
beautiful times were that, after that i got " mick taylor we miss you, get your rocks off, stars in the sky , who went to church this sunday, "and so on, all the classics, but how many fleamarkets, recordfairs and very early morning wakings had it take. it goes to this very day, the chance to get something special from the group, is always the motor to spend the last money,to trade or whatever, when you see something, you think you need.
i know that somewhere out there is something...., maybe tommorow?

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: May 2, 2012 23:14

scottkeef
detroitken

Would you be so kind as to post a scan of a few pages for us? I believe you, I just want to stroll down memory lane a bit more.

Thank you kindly.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 3, 2012 00:42

"Rolling Stones 90" (Papillon)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home