Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Axl apologizes
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 22, 2012 21:15

smileys with beer
slew
G&R are not worthy hall of famers!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 22, 2012 21:21

I'd rather see a Slash solo show than Guns N' Roses. Axl is an ace frontman, but let's fans down by making them wait for hours at their concerts. I may be wrong, but I understand GnR didn't take the stage untill something like 10 p.m. at a recent London show.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 22, 2012 22:13

Big Al
I'd rather see a Slash solo show than Guns N' Roses. Axl is an ace frontman, but let's fans down by making them wait for hours at their concerts. I may be wrong, but I understand GnR didn't take the stage untill something like 10 p.m. at a recent London show.
That's commonplace these days at all GNR shows.Axl supposedly has stagefright. I guess he's afraid he's going to come out one night and no one will be there to see him suck.

Date: April 22, 2012 22:23

dcba
"With Slash not playing that Sweet Child O' Mine lick why bother? It's similar to Mick hiring someone else to play Brown Sugar etc..."

I don't mind about this (after all G&R covered Mama KIn) BUT the bunch of axemen that surround Axl these have a metronomic style of playing (while Slash had a groovy style). They are spot-on tempo-wise but how bloody boring they are...

As Mick Jagger likes to say, why bother.

Date: April 23, 2012 01:26

sweetcharmedlife
Big Al
That's commonplace these days at all GNR shows.Axl supposedly has stagefright. I guess he's afraid he's going to come out one night and no one will be there to see him suck.

axl was physically and sexually abused as a child as well as seeing abused, give the guy a damn break

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 23, 2012 03:40

I've seen Slash solo, opening for AC/DC, sometime in the late-ish 90's. It was an ok show. I didn't enjoy the singer. To me, he tried to sound like Axl. They did a mixture of Snakepit and GN'R songs.

Was at the Pittsburgh GN'R show in '02. It wasn't the GN'R I seen, in the 80's and 90's. It seemed very by the numbers. Way better than the Slash show though.

In my opinion, the secret ingredient was Izzy. Steven was a big part too.

Date: April 23, 2012 03:48

keefriffhard4life
sweetcharmedlife
Big Al

axl was physically and sexually abused as a child as well as seeing abused, give the guy a damn break

Ahhh, the universal excuse. How does that equate to not showing up to do your job where people pay a lot of money to hear you screech? Such a cupcake.

Date: April 23, 2012 14:28

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
keefriffhard4life
sweetcharmedlife
Big Al

Ahhh, the universal excuse. How does that equate to not showing up to do your job where people pay a lot of money to hear you screech? Such a cupcake.

the universal excuse wtf? since pretty much day 1 axl has talked about his childhood issues. i guess you never knew someone who experienced trauma as a child. it messes them up for life and they have a hard time with society. anyone with these issues usually has a hard time leading an everyday life much less axl who is world famous. he does show up to do his job so not sure what you mean. i guess you have never been late for work in you life which is even hard to say axl is "late" since he's at the venue just not on stage.

Re: OT: Axhole apologizes
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 23, 2012 15:33

MingSubu
I love the original GN'R. Seen them twice. Both times, waited atleast two hours till they came on. Then they rocked!!! Izzy is a great guitarist, in my opinion.

Axl is Axl. I kinda like when he got/gets bitchy. He made it exciting being a GN'R, back in the day. Easy top 3 frontmen of all time.

There's some great stuff on youtube of him putting down hecklers in the audience at some fairly recent shows.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: April 23, 2012 16:31

I'm not defending Rose in any way and I agree that the guy comes across as a self indulgent ass, but it's pretty clear that the guy has pretty serious mental and emotional issues. He needs help before he ends up like Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston.

A true Guns and Roses reunion album and tour would be huge...Well at least the tour would be. Nobody except Adele sells records theses days.

Date: April 23, 2012 18:16

James Kirk
I'm not defending Rose in any way and I agree that the guy comes across as a self indulgent ass, but it's pretty clear that the guy has pretty serious mental and emotional issues. He needs help before he ends up like Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston.

A true Guns and Roses reunion album and tour would be huge...Well at least the tour would be. Nobody except Adele sells records theses days.

he has been getting help and even takes some meds which caused the bloated appearance he had a few months ago that everyone made fun of. because of that i assume he either stopped the meds or started taking meds that didn't make him appear bloated because he appears much slimmer now

recent pic of axl in this link

[www.usmagazine.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-23 18:17 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 23, 2012 18:50

keefriffhard4life
sweetcharmedlife
Big Al

Well then in that case,he should get the help he needs and concentrate on that. Since it seems to be a real distraction to his music career.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1548
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home