Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Links Site for Stones Interviews
Posted by: marcuscollins ()
Date: April 16, 2012 22:03

I fear my news can't match the last thread's announcement of a new Stones studio session, but I'm pleased to announce a new website

[stonesinterviews.weebly.com]

It provides links to 172 interviews available online from the sixties to the present, classified by date and band member. Most are freely available, but I'm afraid that a good number require a subscription to Rocksbackpages (which start at £55/$90). I put the site together together after I'd finished writing a couple of journal articles about the Stones, which made extensive use of this material.

I'm all too aware that the list is far from complete and would be delighted if you could point me in the direction of more material. Any full-text interviews will be added to the site, with thanks.

Marcus
Loughborough University

Re: New Links Site for Stones Interviews
Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 16, 2012 22:15

It's nice that you've pulled the interviews together in one spot. It's not so nice to have to pay to read most of them - but I certainly understand that people need to make a living. At least now there's a central depository of sorts.
Cheers, Memphis smoking smiley

Date: April 16, 2012 22:23

> It's not so nice to have to pay to read most of them ...

Agreed. As a rule of thumb, the more recent interviews aren't on rocksbackpages.com while the older ones are.

Date: April 18, 2012 21:37

Just wondering if any of you fine people can point me in the direction of online Stones interviews missing from my database? The more interviews, the merrier ...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 19, 2012 12:10

All these interviews are really good and free

When GQ met Mick Jagger
By Bill Prince 13 May 2010
[www.gq-magazine.co.uk]

Afternoon tea with Mick Jagger
by Paul Du Noyer October 24, 2007
[www.pauldunoyer.com]

An interview with Mick Jagger
by Charlie Rose November 14, 2002
[www.charlierose.com]

Mick Jagger Interview: New Rolling Stones Songs and the Sexuality of 'Some Girls'
by Dan Reilly Nov 22nd 2011
[www.spinner.com]

Rock of ages
Simon Hattenstone
The Guardian, Friday 9 September 2005
[www.guardian.co.uk]

Mick Jagger goes back to Exile
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Mick Jagger interview: 'Exile on Main St.' revisited
BY GREG KOT May 12, 2010
[leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com]

Keith Richards interview: 'Exile on Main St.' revisited
BY GREG KOT May 12, 2010
[leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com]

Jagger's edge
by Mariella Frostrup
The Observer, Sunday 13 July 2003
[www.guardian.co.uk]

Mick Jagger and Keith Richards still on a roll
[today.msnbc.msn.com]

Rolling Stones Interview: Mick Jagger & Keith Richards Talk Some Girls Reissue
[blog.vevo.com]

Alfie : Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart Interview
[culture.com]

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 19, 2012 18:10

Great stuff! Thanks Proud Mary.

Date: April 19, 2012 19:41

marcuscollins - nice job!.

Thanks for the links proudmary.

There was a fairly long interview with Jagger before the release of Exile. I couldnt find the audio link. It would be great oif some could re-post it

Posted by: sweet things ()
Date: April 19, 2012 21:18

Impressive!

Date: April 19, 2012 23:37

wanderingspirit66

There was a fairly long interview with Jagger before the release of Exile. I couldnt find the audio link. It would be great oif some could re-post it

This NPR one?
[www.npr.org]

Date: April 19, 2012 23:46

memphiscats
Great stuff! Thanks Proud Mary.

Yes, I like these interviews - there are quite interesting. I think btw that Mick is a great interview who prefers to stick to the facts and does not tell what reporters or fans want to hear from him

Date: April 20, 2012 04:37

proudmary
wanderingspirit66

This NPR one?
[www.npr.org]

I was referring to the interview he gave prior to the release of Exile to an Italian newspaper (Rolling Stone Italy ??). Jagger talked a lot about the selected outtakes, the remastering, remastering versus remixing, the reason for the project etc. There was an audio link that is perhaps not active anymore. Wonder if there is a transcript floating around

Date: April 20, 2012 20:17

Many thanks for these, proudmary. Consider them added to the site when I have a moment. Any more for any more?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: April 20, 2012 23:59

Brilliant, Marcus! Thanks a lot!

Date: April 21, 2012 00:35

marcuscollins
Many thanks for these, proudmary. Consider them added to the site when I have a moment. Any more for any more?

You're welcome,marcus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-21 00:35 by proudmary.

Date: April 21, 2012 00:49

wanderingspirit66
proudmary
wanderingspirit66

This NPR one?
[www.npr.org]

I was referring to the interview he gave prior to the release of Exile to an Italian newspaper (Rolling Stone Italy ??). Jagger talked a lot about the selected outtakes, the remastering, remastering versus remixing, the reason for the project etc. There was an audio link that is perhaps not active anymore. Wonder if there is a transcript floating around

I found this thread with the link to an interview and transcription from ital. but the audio is not there. - [www.iorr.org]
I've read the whole thread and remembered that feeling of joyful anticipation about the Stones - all these interviews, TV/radio programs and articles around Exile reissue... The main thing, Jagger's enthusiasm was visible and he is the ring master of any Stones event.
Now we have nothing...
What can I say - thanks, Keith

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 21, 2012 03:15

Don't forget the interviews on the Stones in Exile DVD and in the extras of that DVD. Most excellent.

Marcus if you just search 'Interview" here on IORR you will come up with a great number of them, especially loved the one posted of Stu a while back.
peace

Date: April 21, 2012 16:05

Mick Jagger: The Face Interview
By Fiona Russell Powell
December 1983
[www.fionarussellpowell.com]

The Mick Jagger Rutles Interview
[www.rutles.org]

Mick Jagger interview
Christian O'Connell catches up with Mick Jagger prior to the commemorative re-realease of The Rolling Stones' album Exile On Main Street.
[www.absoluteradio.co.uk]

There were loads of drugs and booze but... this was rock ‘n’ roll
[www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: April 21, 2012 16:39

MC, on several interviews I am sent to rocksbackpages where you have to pay to get access.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 22, 2012 00:08

hi there -- good idea -- would you consider adding another column that indicates
what's FREE vs. SUBSCRIPTION-ONLY?

I appreciate your aggregating these but it is a little annoying and a time sink to
keep clicking on link after link and end up at Rock's Back Pages.

Thanks for considering it.

-swiss

Date: April 25, 2012 20:09

Many thanks to wanderspirit 2000, sweet things and Thommie for the encouragement; to proudmary for the further links; to Naturalust for the tip about finding interviews on this very site; and to Palace Revolution 2000 and swiss to drawing attention to the issue that a large minority of the interviews are on the subscription site Rocksbackpages.

Swiss' excellent suggestion that v 2.0 of the links site indicates which interviews are freely accessible is one I'm more than happy to implement. I just need a spare evening to set things up ...

Cheers,

Marcus

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 25, 2012 20:16

Anytime Marcus! Great thanks for including us in the process, you are a wise man and I'm honored by your endeavor. peace

Date: May 5, 2012 18:45

Just to let you know that Stones Interviews has now been fully revised, incorporating the suggestions provided by you fine folks.

Nearly fifty more interviews have been added, and the minority of those requiring a subscription to Rocksbackpages have been clearly identified.

Enjoy!

Marcus

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 5, 2012 19:56

Good work Marcus....thanks for posting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home