Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Your top ten Rolling Stones-albums? Vote--Orig. Albums no compilations
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 18, 2012 23:30

kleermaker
His Majesty
I only have a top 5, the position of those 5 being interchangeable...

The Rolling Stones
Aftermath
Between The Buttons
Their Satanic Majesties Request
Beggars Banquet

Throw in the not allowed compilation Big Hits [High Tide And Green Grass] and Through The Past Darkly albums and that's all I really need stones wise. The rest I can quite happily do without.

smileys with beer

You're really born in the wrong period, HM. Even more 'limited' stones wise than me! But how about The RS Now, Out Of Our Heads, December's Children, 12 x 5, The Rolling Stones 2?

Indeed. grinning smiley

My choices are of course the UK versions too. smiling smiley Their other albums from that period, both US and UK have some good tracks but too much filler imo. Their debut was a statement of intent, what followed album wise seems a bit hotch potch and unfocused until Aftermath.

The 5 albums I picked are the ones that I have always felt the need to have near by ready for listening to. The Big Hits/Through The Past lp's have the important singles, thus are as essential, but they could of course just be replaced by the relevant singles themselves.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 18, 2012 23:40

kleermaker
Doxa

Hmm.. some interesting choices... relatively bad charting of LET IT BLEED... and it seems to go worse...eye popping smiley

- Doxa

Well noticed Doxa. Let It Bleed has some of the greatest Stones songs on it (GS, YCAGWYW, MR, MM), but I don't dig the studio performances of them so much. I miss something, I guess a great guitar (though the intro of GS is fabulous indeed). Besides I don't like the rather sterile sound of it.

For the rest it must be the good influence of HM.

I find Let It Bleed to be quite patchy in comparison to what came right before it and what followed.

Reading some reviews etc from the time it seems some fans felt short changed due to the inclusion of YCAGWYW and an alternative version of Honky Tonk Women in the guise of Country Honk. Some felt they only really got 7 new songs.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 19, 2012 00:28

His Majesty
kleermaker
His Majesty

The Rolling Stones
Aftermath
Between The Buttons
Beggars Banquet

Throw in the not allowed compilation Big Hits [High Tide And Green Grass] and Through The Past Darkly albums and that's all I really need stones wise. The rest I can quite happily do without.

smileys with beer

You're really born in the wrong period, HM. Even more 'limited' stones wise than me! But how about The RS Now, Out Of Our Heads, December's Children, 12 x 5, The Rolling Stones 2?

Indeed. grinning smiley

My choices are of course the UK versions too. smiling smiley Their other albums from that period, both US and UK have some good tracks but too much filler imo. Their debut was a statement of intent, what followed album wise seems a bit hotch potch and unfocused until Aftermath.

The 5 albums I picked are the ones that I have always felt the need to have near by ready for listening to. The Big Hits/Through The Past lp's have the important singles, thus are as essential, but they could of course just be replaced by the relevant singles themselves.

Through The Past was my very first Stones album. Still love it. What especially struck me was one of the guitar parts on Honky TW. I immediately felt there was someone special at work whose name wasn't Keith and who didn't play the solo at the end winking smiley.

Date: April 19, 2012 00:58

kleermaker
His Majesty
kleermaker
His Majesty

The Rolling Stones
Aftermath
Between The Buttons
Beggars Banquet

smileys with beer

Indeed. grinning smiley

Through The Past was my very first Stones album. Still love it. What especially struck me was one of the guitar parts on Honky TW. I immediately felt there was someone special at work whose name wasn't Keith and who didn't play the solo at the end winking smiley.

THAT was what made you tick about HTW?? You´re uncurable winking smiley (Although I like the subtle touches of Taylor on HTW very much myself).

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 19, 2012 02:39

It's liable to change from week to week (like last week I'd probably have Exile at the top spot) but here's how I'm feeling today. BTW, if there is a US/UK version, I'm referring to the US version.

1. Let It Bleed
2. Exile
3. Beggars Banquet
4. Sticky Fingers
5. Out Of Our Heads
6. Aftermath
7. IORR
8. Bridges To Babylon
9. Black And Blue
10. Their Satanic Majesties Request

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home